midwest 26-Sep-20
EMB 28-Sep-20
Grunt-N-Gobble 29-Sep-20
Bob H in NH 29-Sep-20
Rut Nut 30-Sep-20
EMB 30-Sep-20
Rut Nut 30-Sep-20
22-Sep-20
I have a Garmin InReach Mini paired with my Droid phone via the Earthmate app. When I send messages, they take a few minutes to show as "sent" on my phone via the earthmate app. when my wife replies, the inreach mini gets the message, but about 1/2 the time it never makes it to my phone. I have a call into support - long wait times. Is there something I am missing (or doing sometimes without realizing? I turn on the in reach and turn on bluetooth on the phone, they previously have been paired. This past weekend I unpaired re-paired them and suddenly got messages coming through Any idea?

22-Sep-20
This may be obvious, but the InReach has to be on for an incoming message to arrive! You need to turn it on and leave it on for a while so it can search the Heavens for any messages...

->>>>-------->

22-Sep-20
I turn it on at the truck and send a msg to my wife so she can reply if needed. She gets it, I don't ways get her replies

22-Sep-20
There is some lag time. My new iPhone did the same thing in Alaska this year. On the iPhone I would have to make sure the two were connected for it to show up on my phone. Once I figured that out it was second nature to check for, and send messages.

22-Sep-20
I just use the preset message option and have told the people those go to to never reply unless there is an absolute emergency. I go to the woods to escape the mundane chit-chat.

22-Sep-20
I couldn't get mine to send from phone either. I gave up and unpaired it and just use the mini. I mostly send the presets so it wasn't a big deal to me.

23-Sep-20
I hope I'm not hijacking the thread but I had a question. When using Earthmate paired with the InReach can I send messages from my phone using my contacts or do I still need to send them through the InReach device?

23-Sep-20
Most of the time my messages dont show up on my phone so I read the messages on my Inreach Mini then reply from my phone. And I double check to make sure my phone is paired and sit them right next to each other when sending or checking for messages.

23-Sep-20
Just trigger the search for messages on your phone under the my inreach tab and if its paired correctly it will grab them.

23-Sep-20
Garmin has been having trouble sending messages to AT&T customers this past week

23-Sep-20
They were having trouble sending messages to iPhones for a week. Of course it was the week I was in the mountains. I called when I got back and the did refund me some money.

26-Sep-20
I have the same issue. Sometimes the messages don't show up on my phone.

28-Sep-20
I believe that the inreach checks for messages at 10 minute intervals. You should be able to change the interval. I recently had the same experience with my Inreach, but no repeat performances. Garmin is usually pretty responsive if you use the support on the site or call them.

29-Sep-20
Funny this thread is here...... I too had some issues during my hunt. Messages always went out on the mini but sometimes didn't show they going out on my phone. Then, I couldn't txt my wife's phone at all. No txts made it to her, but everyone else got my txts including my son and all 3 of us use AT&T.

Not getting directly in contact with her sucked. I don't know if using her # as my emergency contact had anything to do with it or not but I need to contact them about it.

29-Sep-20
We are on verizon, so far wife has ALWAYS gotten the message, it shows "sent" on the mini, but phone keeps "spinning" on the send screen. It checks for 10 minutes when I send, then hourly. I get them on the mini (annoying to read there), just not reliably moved over to the phone.

30-Sep-20
This is one reason I went with the Explorer instead of the mini- don;t have to pair it with a phone. It can be used as a stand alone and then one less thing that can go wrong.

30-Sep-20
Rut Nut, I have the Explorer too. The unit automatically pairs with my phone (Verizon) if I leave the Bluetooth on. I usually only use it that way when I'm navigating. It's pretty cool to download the "historic" USGS topos from Earthmate to my phone that are the same maps as the paper map in my hand. It's a very useful navigation tool if you use the topos for pre-scouting to identify likely productive places to hunt, routes, and terrain features. The new 24K maps that can be used with these and other GPS products just don't seem to have the detail of the old maps. Other than that, I use the unit as a stand alone.

30-Sep-20
Yeah, I meant I use it as a stand alone. Also doubles as my main gps unit now. That way I can leave the old one in the vehicle as a 'backup."

• Sitka Gear