smarba 25-Sep-20
scndwfstlhntng 26-Sep-20
woodguy65 26-Sep-20
Charlie Rehor 26-Sep-20
Jerry Gille 26-Sep-20
krieger 26-Sep-20
Primeshooter04 26-Sep-20
24-Sep-20
Guys, I have a bit of Cabela's credit to spend and would like to get a Sitka coat. I tree-stand white tail hunt in PA. I tend to get cold easily. I am 6ft tall, 168 lbs and usually wear a large. I am also left handed. I usually wear lots of core insulation and try to keep my arm bulk lower by using heavy vests to complete the package and avoid string interference. Which of the Sitka coats is the best for me? I also understand that there maybe a left and right handed version on some of the coats although that limits availability, and more importantly how much difference does it make? ALSO, how is sizing to actual fit?

I know that this is a lot, but I figured, who better to give advice than users!

Thanks

24-Sep-20
The Fanatic jacket sounds like it would be the one to get. It is specific for right or left handers and it is warm but made to shoot a bow in.

24-Sep-20
Fanatic

24-Sep-20
Fanatic Jacket

24-Sep-20
X5

24-Sep-20
Fanatic, and they run true to size.

24-Sep-20
Aye caramba!!!! 6 responses on Bowsite and they all agree...what's the world coming to?! LOL

24-Sep-20
x6 on Fanatic

IMO the Fanatic kicks in at the point where a conglomeration of "normal clothes" starts to fail. What I mean by that is depending on your body that temperature may be different but a guy can get by wearing a t-shirt, a long sleeve, and then a hooded sweatshirt, or maybe a hoodie and a vest or whatever amount of random cotton stuff up until a certain point. AFTER that point it's easy to simply walk to your stand in a base layer, and then pop the Fanatic over top. The Fanatic is so comfortable and easy to shoot in that it isn't like you're throwing on uncomfortable bulk. Then, as it gets colder you simply add more layers underneath or swap with thicker layers. In my brother and my case, that gets us through a hunting season in Manitoba, Canada. So for us, the Fanatic will be our outer layer from basically Oct 1 - Dec 5. And with all day sits.

Just my opinion, but the cost/benefit of expensive outerwear really only kicks it into high gear once you reach the temps wear a Fanatic is needed. Not knocking anything in the Sitka lineup for temps warmer to that, it is just a guy can get away with other clothing fairly easily at that point.

24-Sep-20
Fanatic

24-Sep-20
Incinerator.

Carl......we wouldn’t want a bad precedent to be set!!

The Fanatic would be a strong second choice, though ;-)

24-Sep-20
Ask Charlie Rehor before you buy.

24-Sep-20
LH Fanatic

24-Sep-20
I sure do like my Fanatic outfit.

Kurt

24-Sep-20
Who’s going to be the 10th guy to say Fanatic? :)

24-Sep-20
I'm a bow hunting fanatic =) No experience with sitkas coats sorry

24-Sep-20
I'll say it: "Fanatic". I don't go to the "Incinerator" until it's below zero.

24-Sep-20
FYI the LEFT handed Fanatic was determined to have so little demand Sitka dropped it from their line. If you need a LEFT, better find one quick...

24-Sep-20
WOW!! a straight answer. Thanks Does anyone know where a Large, left handed Fanatic coat can be purchased? Obviously I will try Cabela first. Important last question: is there something to the design or fit that would create a problem for a left handed shooter to wear the "right handed coat"?

24-Sep-20
It’s best not to identify as a righty if you’re a lefty. It messes with your sense of identity

24-Sep-20
LH Fanatic for sure.

24-Sep-20
Fanatic. Best whitetail jacket I've ever owned.

25-Sep-20
The Right/Left versions have different fabrics on the arms to reduce bowstring interference. The zipper is curved across the body opposite of right. They were specifically designed for use by right or left handed bowhunters.

"The 2019 Sitka Gear Fanatic Jacket (Lefty) is designed for the left-handed hunters by providing easy access to the grunt tube/rangefinder pocket. The new body mapped left-handed construction allows for left-handed draw cycle."

The problem you're going to run into is Lefty was only produced in 2019. For 2020 Sitka only makes right-hand version. If you're looking for a lefty you need to find someone with left-(no pun intended)-over stock from 2019. Best of luck.

25-Sep-20
eBay?

25-Sep-20
I can't remember Carl is the 2019 the newest version?

25-Sep-20
I never see people mention the bibs is what really make the whole system so good in the cold weather. The jacket is top knot for sure but the bibs is what makes it so great.

25-Sep-20
I just checked ebay - a couple available - large/Left: I dont know how to link it - quick search and it popped up.

25-Sep-20
For what it’s worth, I ordered a Lh jacket this winter at a show, got a crazy good price. Long story short, found out the Lh was no longer available and got a Rh jacket. I can’t see any issues with shooting Lh with a Rh jacket.

25-Sep-20
Yes 2019 & 2020 are the "same" as far as fabrics, etc. (albeit mirror images of each other with regards to zipper layout etc). 2019 was when the Fanatic was upgraded to be quieter and warmer.

25-Sep-20
For what it's worth, eBay appears to have some Lefties available...

26-Sep-20
Thanks guys. Yes I did find them on Ebay. I was waiting for a reply regarding the fit and "wearability" of the 2020 right handed coat for a lefty. Now I have it.

FYI: I called Sitka 2 days in a row and left messages for a callback as their "Customer Service" line did not answer, and directed me to leave a message for call back. I also emailed them to try to communicate. THREE days later I have had NO response from them. I don't believe that this is what one would call Customer SERVICE.

Thank you also for the comment on using the bib to make it really work. That makes me wonder about getting the coat on its own, but I doubt that I would wear it in any situation below 20 degrees.

26-Sep-20
As far as fit - Im your size - 6'0" 175 - I have the 2019 Large Lefty Fanatic - it is designed for some layering.

26-Sep-20
Any Fanatic (old or new) in large will be fine for you.

I have the bibs but haven’t needed them.

26-Sep-20
I have an older right hand fanatic and I am a lefty. I have no problems with it. I am also 6' and 160 pounds and like the large.

26-Sep-20
Shiver Shield. Got one last year and can't believe how warm it is. Wind doesn't blow through it like a lot of other " high end " jackets..

26-Sep-20
Stratus set here, bib and coat. Under armor cold gear as base, then company called pnuma makes battery powered headed stuff. I bought the set, get cold turn it on and ur good

• Sitka Gear