jordanathome 01-Oct-20
Whocares 01-Oct-20
squid 01-Oct-20
Norseman 04-Oct-20
goelk 06-Oct-20
24-Sep-20
Soup Tag Did not see or heard an elk.

24-Sep-20
The "Tag" comes before the "Soup". Trust me I know, I've eaten a lot of it.

24-Sep-20
I run out to grab my game cams and get in one or two last hunts......I keep hoping the soup nazi will be telling me "No soup for YOU" this year!

24-Sep-20
Still time guys!

Get out and smack down that tag soup fairy!

Still have bear, deer and elk tags in my pocket. Will be out every afternoon to the end and all weekend. Have had close calls but no punches tag yet

24-Sep-20
It only takes a few minutes for a hunt to go from crappy to awesome. But, you have to be there when it happens.

My unit is about 90% closed due to a fire. Debating on hunting a few more days or heading to help a buddy in 61.

24-Sep-20
Had a unit 61 tag; fractured my pelvis in a cycling accident on August 20th...pretty bummed!

24-Sep-20
Tag soup for me but did get in on packing elk out. Got winded on the only elk encountered, missed a bear but had three great meals of trout and one of grouse .

24-Sep-20
So thankful I'm not on this list this year.

24-Sep-20
Just look on the bright side packing out an elk must suck lol. Not to mention look how many hunters get killed by Grizzly bears doing it. Gotta think about the positives!

24-Sep-20
Tag soup for me this year however I had different opportunities to kills bulls on he ground. I was holding out for a 6X minimum and was willing to eat this AZ tag (which I did). I had an opportunity at 2 4X's at 35 yards on the 4th morning, a spike at 20 yards on the 4th evening and a small 5X at 50 yards opening morning. Big Dan's quote kept popping in my head, "you can't kill a big one if you keep killing the little ones.

29-Sep-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Save this pic for your future references!! haha

Good luck, Robb

29-Sep-20
Gee...thanks Robb

29-Sep-20
Tag soup pic...good one!

29-Sep-20
Are those tags organic, Robb? ;-)

29-Sep-20
Between " Road head failure" and "Soup tag", I am very confused..

01-Oct-20
HaHa!!

I've used that pic a few times over the years!

Robb

01-Oct-20
Needs something.....this soup is rather thin.......

01-Oct-20
Well, it's over. No soup for me though Thought I'd try a tag sandwich instead. Bread and a little miracle whip and a nice green tag. Bad idea. Couldn't bite thru it and the tag kept sliding out and laid there staring up at me. Should have boiled it! Was a busy and fun month in the mountains. The last morning of season I observed a rut fest for a full two hours from 100 yards. Those of you that have experienced that know how awesome it is. Moving closer stalking on corn flakes was not a good strategy' especially with all the eyeballs. Yup, eye balls and cornflakes are good additives for tag soup. Was hoping to get a cow out of it but at long last the herd bull offered me a shot. And I blew it. Heard a slight deflection tic and saw the arrow sail just under. Cut up twigs are good in the soup too, in place of bay leaves. But it was a great last day anyway. Back to northern Minnesota tomorrow to see what October has in store.

01-Oct-20
NM E-Tag soup for me. Not as good as traditional TAG soup as the E part tends to not leave that after-flavor of a tag laying on my desk staring at me until the next season!

On a positive note I did see and hear elk every day of the season.

04-Oct-20
Gee...thanks Robb

06-Oct-20
Thanks 12yards Tag Soup for last 5 years. Time to explore new area.

• Sitka Gear