Two Feathers 13-Oct-20
JL 13-Oct-20
buzz mc 13-Oct-20
Scrappy 13-Oct-20
27-Sep-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo

Scrappy's Link
I think I just found the perfect tree stand saw. I've been using the corona 10" folding saw from lowes for ever. Yesterday I was looking to get a new one and looked on Amazon and they have three sizes now. A 10",8", and 7". Ordered the 7" and believe it maybe the perfect economical saw for your pack. For 18 bucks and I know this baby will cut i thought I should give you guys a heads-up.

27-Sep-20
Thanks Scrappy, I'm not "IN NEED" of one right now, but am ordering it anyway so I have an spare!

27-Sep-20
A humble FWIW.....check out the blade thickness of any hand saw ya get. If it's too thin it tends to get bent/broke easy and loose the edge. Some manufactures use thicker blades than others.

27-Sep-20
I have the same saw in the 8" length. Love it.

01-Oct-20
The cheap saws at Menards Walmart work OK. Brown and fold down. I bought some expensive ones from Sporting Good stores, Boy Scout store, didn't work as well. Plus if you loose them expensive to replace. HAve some duct tape with you and you can easily make a pole saw.

01-Oct-20
I have a fiskar folding saw that is terrible.. I will give these a look.

01-Oct-20
buckeye, I had one of them junky fiskars, night and day difference.

01-Oct-20

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
Silky makes the best saws IMHO. All sorts of different sizes and shapes. A folding saw is the best single item that a hunter can have in his or her pack.

Mine just helped me kill the biggest elk of my life. Made a blind behind this rock for evening ambush.

01-Oct-20
I’m a Silky fan as well, Wilber. Had a pile of the other brands, and the only ones I really liked, were the Silky, Stihl, and the Corona was pretty nice as well. Wicked saws are very tuff, but the kerf on their blade isn’t wide enough, IMO. It seems to bind up too easily.

01-Oct-20
Anybody else here like the old Sven Saw?

01-Oct-20
Silky Gomboy is the finest little folding saw I've ever used. Mine is the 10"(?) Yeah, they're 40 or 50 bucks but you likely never buy another. It's what pro arborists here use. I've got 3, one at home for the yard, one in my truck and one in the pack. Come in a few tooth counts. Japanese make some pretty quality blades. Remember they are all PULL cut and you won't bend or break many blades.

01-Oct-20
Corona used to be made in Japan. Not sure if they still are. I've still got a Japanese Corona and it's a dandy. I also use a Silky Pocketboy.

02-Oct-20
I am a fan of EZ Kut. They make great saws, pruners and loppers. I have a bunch of their equipment and it is all great. I have the scabbard that hold pruners, saw etc. Here is the link to their site.

http://www.facebook.com/EZKUT/

07-Oct-20
Coghlan's folding saw is what I carry and use.

However, most people forget to rock the blade from side to side on each pass and thereby widen the saw cut.

07-Oct-20
I too use Silky saws in my hunting packs! Have used others, bent & broken others. Just don't get your fingers of the way of the Silky.... Don't ask how I know...

>>>>-------->

07-Oct-20
Should have said Coghlan's hand saw model #8400, is whatr I carry and use.

08-Oct-20
Do you guys run a holster for your saws or just put them in your pack

08-Oct-20
I don't "run" anything when I hunt but, I do put it in my pack.

08-Oct-20
I keep mine in my pack.

08-Oct-20
I have the Coghlans too. Works awesome. The blade is a bit flimsy, but if you're careful they last a long time.

13-Oct-20
I also have the Coghlans. I tried some more expensive saws but didn't like their cut. I like the cut of the Coghlans. Besides branches it easily cuts off deer legs.

13-Oct-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

JL's Link
I was given a Wicked saw a few years back and had to do a field review on it. It's a pretty good saw with a thick blade. It's held it's edge real good so far. I used on wood and bone. They make a few other handy hunting saws and pruners. The saw I have looks to be on sale with the sheath.

13-Oct-20

buzz mc's embedded Photo
buzz mc's embedded Photo
Silky Pocket Boy 130

13-Oct-20
JL do yourself a huge favor and try one of the mentioned saws in this thread. You will throw that wicked saw away real fast. It maybe tough but it won't cut worth a crap. Trust me once you have tried a real saw you will understand.

• Sitka Gear