midwest 29-Sep-20
Bob H in NH 29-Sep-20
Scar Finga 29-Sep-20
Screwball 29-Sep-20
Screwball 29-Sep-20
loesshillsarcher 29-Sep-20
loesshillsarcher 29-Sep-20
28-Sep-20
Do not know if you all recall but I had to cancel an Az elk hunt with BigDan because of a knee blow out. I had total knee replacement surgery last July and was doing great. I did all my PT and was working out daily and doing about 3 miles a day.On January 8th after working out I was taking my shoe off and heard a loud pop and was in excruciating pain I could not put an ounce of weight on my surgical leg. It took 3 people to get me in a car about 30 minutes and it hurt like hell.Amazingly an ER doctor in Bradenton popped it back in and the pain was mostly gone. I walked into our home unassisted.It was sore but doable. About 2 weeks ago it popped out again while I was putting on a boot.Same horrible pain.My wife called my surgeon in Knoxville and he said come on he will see me.As they were helping me down our steps on crutches it pooped back in.Pain gone. This is incredibly rare but bottom line is I’m scheduled for surgery on October 13th.It appears I stretched a ligament and the plastic post popped out over the top and my doctor who has performed a bunch of knee replacement surgeries is going to put in a larger post. I guess that is what you call it.He has only seen one of these happen before.Lucky me. Our archery season is open and we have 3 really nice bucks and a few big bears on camera.Sure hope I can hunt on my birthday on November 10 th.Looks like my wife will have her pick of the stands this year oh well. Good luck you all get a big one.Lewis

28-Sep-20
Dang! Good luck man! Hope you get to hunt some of those bucks.

28-Sep-20
Can you put off the surgery until say December and hope it does not happen again before then? My shoulder is really bothering me but I can still barely shoot my bow. I've been to primary care doc and done PT but waiting until after I am done archery hunting this year to visit a ortho. Because if I have to miss some bowhunting I would prefer it is turkey season.

28-Sep-20
Best wishes to you, whatever you decide, lewis!

28-Sep-20
I have really thought about putting it off but the two times it has happened I was totally helpless if it happened in the woods hmmm not good don’t want to put Diann through that. I wear a brace every day. I can not complain life has been good and I see so many people so less fortunate. Good luck and stay safe Lewis

28-Sep-20
O Lewis im so sorry and feel your pain I sure hope you can get this all behind you

28-Sep-20
I dislocated one of mine three times before I had a thicker liner put in. First one I was at home by myself. I had dry heaves from the pain. Dr told me that after five or ten seconds the muscles spam and the only way to get it back in place is to be sedated. Second time I was deer hunting and gutting a deer out. I was on my knees and went to get up and POW out again. I yelled at my brother to grab my leg quick and pull it as hard as he could. Pop! Back in and finished gutting my deer.

28-Sep-20
Had both of mine replaced over 10 years ago. A couple of weeks ago I stepped in a hole in the woods and it buckled. No pain but it does feel a little weaker. Guess I will get it X rayed to be sure I didn't mess something up.

28-Sep-20
Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hope that you can get the proper medical care to resolve the slippage problem.

28-Sep-20
Get better bud.. keep at it

28-Sep-20
Get it fixed. Every time dislocates, you are further stretching the joint capsule and ligamentous support. I love to hunt, but in this case, your long-term health is more important. Just my thought. Must say, I've treated thousands of total knees in my career, and never seen a non-traumatic dislocation. Sorry you are going thru this and best of luck!!

28-Sep-20
Sorry Lewis, sounds like a real pain in the ass....or knee. I’ve heard some folks say that after knee replacement that doctors told them not to get down on their knees anymore. That would just about make me useless. Hope you get that taken care of and heal up fast.

28-Sep-20
I had both knees replaced in 2015. I have not had any problems, other than occasional ache after long walks. I have a appointment with my knee surgeon next January I'll ask him about the popping out of socket problem and how common it is.

28-Sep-20
It is extremely rare but I am good at doing extremely rare stuff and my knees are kinda double jointed if that’s the right terminology .Its crazy how the pain subsides as soon as it pops back in. Good luck and stay safe Lewis

29-Sep-20
We are fortunate to live in a time when joints can be replaced. So nice to be able to not have horrible pain after being on your feet all day. I always carry a good length that of parachute cord in case I ever dislocate one again when I’m hunting alone. There sure isn’t any way of hiking out is there Lewis? I tore both ACLS years ago but even with my leg bent out at a 45 degree angle sideways it still wasn’t even close to the knee dislocation. Lewis I can feel your pain.

29-Sep-20
We are fortunate to live in a time when joints can be replaced. So nice to be able to not have horrible pain after being on your feet all day. I always carry a good length that of parachute cord in case I ever dislocate one again when I’m hunting alone. There sure isn’t any way of hiking out is there Lewis? I tore both ACLS years ago but even with my leg bent out at a 45 degree angle sideways it still wasn’t even close to the knee dislocation. Lewis I can feel your pain.

29-Sep-20

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo

29-Sep-20
Something else to think (worry?) about while hunting solo. Had a total knee replacement last June (2019) so I didn't hunt last season. Anxiously awaiting a new hub assembly for the Brickhouse so I can get back in the woods. Best of luck Lewis

29-Sep-20
Son-of-a-.....! Dang, Lewis, prayers for a quick recovery and hope you're in a tree soon!

29-Sep-20
Get it fixed, if it happens alone, you're screwed.

As for kneeling, I am 2 years out from TKR and kneeling still is touchy. My surgeon said it was ok to kneel limited by comfort, but don't make a habit of kneeling on hard things. My dad has "drop foot" they blame on him kneeling on his replacement for days doing a walkway, essentially crushed a nerve.

29-Sep-20
Sorry to hear that Lewis!! Prayers your way for a quick and full recovery!!

29-Sep-20
Had both mine done, I am getting sweats just thinking about it.

29-Sep-20
Had both mine done, I am getting sweats just thinking about it.

29-Sep-20
Gonna make your success even more special. Dang bad luck but hope it will turn to better luck soon!!

29-Sep-20
Hope nobody posts jaquamo's xray again! hehe

• Sitka Gear