Rgiesey 28-Sep-20
THP 29-Sep-20
badbull 29-Sep-20
yooper89 29-Sep-20
Ranger rick 29-Sep-20
WI Shedhead 29-Sep-20
Ranger rick 29-Sep-20
28-Sep-20
Who was happy or unhappy with their 2020 Colorado OTC bow elk hunt ? Not asking to give your specific unit. Wondering about pressure and number of animals seen with respect to your expectations. My limited information says things were not at all great...... Badbull

28-Sep-20
5.5 days hunted. 46 miles on the onX in 6 different areas from 11.5 to 9 k feet. Not one bugle, turd, track or sighting. Cow moose, and 2 mile deer. I was warned the unit has a transient elk herd but that’s ridiculous. 6 guys in 2 different camps were cutting camp when I showed up saw 5 cows in 10 days. 4 in the quad head lights. Should have known better then I guess. That’s huntin but my first otc experience was rough!!!!

28-Sep-20
Got into elk everyday but one in 9 days. I mostly called for my buddy. Had a helluva good time but no elk were harmed in Colorado.

28-Sep-20
My son and a teammate from college. Hunted extremely hard. Finally killed one but he said some areas there were hundreds of guys hunting no elk. They thought they’d kill two then come to Wyoming. I think he was glad to be around some grizzlys

29-Sep-20
My otc hunt was better than most years.(and most years are pretty damn good) I think a lot of it had to do with the dry conditions and the elk were concentrated in a few areas. We got into elk every hunt. My buddy from Florida came out for his first elk hunt and killed a raghorn, my dad killed a cow and my brother and I both killed 6x6 bulls. Pressure was the same as usual

29-Sep-20
Thanks for the reports. Seems like it just matters where you happen to have hunted as far as being satisfied or not........ Badbull

29-Sep-20
Didn’t hunt this year so I’m leaning on all the off season elk stories

29-Sep-20
Just got home, 7 days in familiar area. Had bugling close encounters first 2 days. Never heard another after that. Passed on a few chip shots at cows. Felt like the numbers of elk were low , didn't want to shot off a breaders. Trying to be responsible and take care of the land. Only to have some Jack wagon write get the F outta here on our truck !! Federal land and we are super thoughtful about imposing on others. I feel we are good stewards of the lands and resources! Come to Minnesota we will share our bountiful lakes and fish with you. Ih yeah and we charge $15 for a non resident license. I feel bad for those who need to act this way. We live the mountains and the animals there in. I hope who wrote that on my truck direct messages me an apology as I do deserve 1. Won't be holding my breath. Ended a fun week on a sad note I must say??

29-Sep-20
Too bad Greg- The highlight of my trip was meeting 4 guys from Missouri. I’d hope that is a minority situation

29-Sep-20
Thanks for the kind words. I'm a big boy and understand. I only came across 4 other people hunting. They stopped at our camp and we swapped stories it was fun. One gentleman may even come up fish next summer. He is always welcome as he was a great guy! One of my best friends, I met on this site from Wyoming. My wife and I travel there to enjoy the Big Horn mountains with them. Great people learned alot about elk hunting from him!!

• Sitka Gear