Bou'bound 04-Oct-20
wackmaster2 04-Oct-20
txhunter58 04-Oct-20
29-Sep-20

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Ross county Ohio
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Ross county Ohio
I have no details other than it was killed in Ross County with a crossbow. Wow!

29-Sep-20
Wow is right!

29-Sep-20
That's a biggun. Congrats to that guy whoever he is.

29-Sep-20
in 2016 another Ross Co Ohio buck was, compound bow archery killed, scoring 204 with 17 points.

29-Sep-20
I’m more of a mass guy

29-Sep-20
That is an amazing buck for sure.

29-Sep-20
Yep that is a nice one!

29-Sep-20
Hybrid Fallow ? Great buck !!

29-Sep-20
Wow! Just the mass measurements are going to be insane!

29-Sep-20
Ahhh yes...the rare whitetailed moose. You hardly see those anymore since all the bigfoot came into Ohio. ;-)

WOW those are some hefty antlers! Congratulations on a very unusual deer.

29-Sep-20
Congratulations to whoever shot BTW.

About 10 years ago I was on a fishing trip here in Kentucky and a guy showed me some pictures on his cell phone of a buck he shot that had the craziest looking "moose antlers" I have ever seen. The bases on that deer were impossibly big. I wish to this day I had him send me those pictures. It was a western Kentucky buck.

29-Sep-20
Killed with a crossbow!!! Who posted that on Bowsite?

Oh wait never mind;)

29-Sep-20
I wonder if it escaped from a deer farm? I don't recall seeing too many public land bucks like that.

29-Sep-20
Ross county always had some good bucks walking around.

29-Sep-20
I was interested until I saw the xbow.

29-Sep-20
“No other details...” and that it was noosed until the hunter got there lol

Or at least that’s all we can gather from the picture ;)

30-Sep-20
Beautiful buck, but that looks like an awful expensive xrifle...8^) I bet that bad boy groups bolts within a pie plate at 100 yards...8^)

30-Sep-20
Awesome buck, but who takes a picture with their face not showing?

Would love to know the story. arrow entry/exit is really high

30-Sep-20

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Pickaway County

30-Sep-20
Very nice deer.

30-Sep-20
Wow ! So.....crossbow hunters kill big bucks too ? Whoda thunk it ? ;-)

30-Sep-20
What a beast!

30-Sep-20
WOW!!!!

30-Sep-20
"Sub human" For christ sake lighten up Ohio has had crossbows allowed for over 20 years.

30-Sep-20
Lighten up... that particular one was "allowed" because Pat posted it.

30-Sep-20
Dang.... My uncle is scheduled for shoulder surgery in December (after season for a reason) and is hunting with a crossbow as he can't pull a bow back. I suppose I should no longer associate with him as he must be "sub human". After all the years of bow hunting to think that he would want to still hit the woods is insane!! Filthy animal

Is this real life

30-Sep-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Not liking the whole crossgun on bowsite but its not my forum. If Pat wants to cash in on the whole crossgun thing its definitely profitable right now with all the industry's pushing them.

Now to the really important question no one has mentioned, what's up with the noose in the background of the pic? I'm on my phone and pics are horrible to view on bowsite from it but it sure looks like a noose or something hanging from the tree over the right shoulder of the crossgun hunter.

30-Sep-20
Nice deer, congrats to the hunters.

30-Sep-20
LOL - Scrappy, I noticed that too. Hope some deer doesn't come wondering by and get hung.

Klaus, from Antlers by Klaus, is hunting in OH right now. There's a couple/few bucks that have been seen on cam that will likely make B&C, but this week has been slow, likely because of the full moon and white acorns the size of walnuts dropping everywhere. The area he's hunting is a lot like Buffalo Co., vast wooded area with many draws near the Ohio river and all private land.

We were at the Whitetail Rendezvous last year and I had never been to that state before. Lots of big bucks have been taken in the Marietta area, I just don't recall what county that is.

30-Sep-20
Some Of the posts above are actually more amazing than that deer is

30-Sep-20
That noose as you called it is actually a grapevine.....very common across Ohio

No need to stir that pot

Heck of a buck though with crazy mass.

30-Sep-20
Did somebody "hack" Pat's computer............................................. ;-)

30-Sep-20
Hunters hating on other hunters...really? Congrats to the ohio archery hunter, on an amazing deer, probably going to be the largest shot in North America this year!

30-Sep-20
Droopy ears!

30-Sep-20
I’d post that buck if it was shot by a Barrett 50 cal. It’s about an incredible buck, nothing more than that. I swear, Some of you guys are unhinged.

30-Sep-20
Pat... Please feel free to drain the swamp!!!

That is an amazing buck, and I would shoot just about weapon to take one like it! So many hunters that hate other hunters... It's sad and I have said this on here many times, We Are Our Own Worst Enemy!!!!

The crossbow bashing is old... Especially if the person is handicapped or elderly!

30-Sep-20
I heard it was shot from a half mile away with a drug Tipped arrow :-)

30-Sep-20
Oh BTW... The Crossbow was invented in the late 5th century!!!! I think that is pretty primitive!!!!

30-Sep-20
Great buck, but not a bow kill on the bow site, so far has we fallen for the next rifle (Raven). Enjoy the hunt everyone while you can.

30-Sep-20
Here we go, say goodbye to this thread.

30-Sep-20
“Unhinged”??!!!.......Are you saying this buck was shot with an expandable, too?!!

30-Sep-20
Even if killed by a rifle, a dang good one. Thanks for sharing Pat.

30-Sep-20
What an incredible buck. Very cool!

30-Sep-20
Impressed with the Buck. Not so much with the weapon . To each his own. Maybe be better to post on Crossbowsite.com

30-Sep-20
And what do you wack them with wack? A longbow with wooden arrow and flint arrowheads? I would expect you would frown on pullies and cables, right? Maybe a compoundbow.com too?

Come on guys, can’t you just enjoy a good buck without dissing another hunters methods?

30-Sep-20
Unbelievable that so many folks didn't sense the sarcasm/satire in LBshooter's post.

Seriously, we need a tongue in cheek tag for bowsite.

30-Sep-20
Don't know the date of the heavy mass buck but did anyone else notice it still has dried velvet hanging off it...

Yeah, looks like a cut grapevine hooped up around through the crotch of the tree... Be a good place to cut that hanging vine off about chin high and create a year round licking branch...

That girl's buck is a dandy too... Bet you guys think there're Booners behind every tree here in Ohio...8^) There might be at Kevin's place...8^)… (That was an inside joke, Kev)...8^)

01-Oct-20

Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
Steven , Did that buck in Kentucky resemble this one by chance? I was blessed to get this one while sitting behind a rootball of two downed trees with my RER Arroyo static recurve and a 175 grain Zwickey Delta on a Easton 2016 Legacy aluminum shaft.Not as big as that Ohio buck posted above but a palmated set of antlers. He was a big bodied buck like the one above as well.

01-Oct-20

Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
Maybe this one will show right side up?

01-Oct-20
Dang, luv those palmated racks... Congrats!

01-Oct-20
He needed another year.

01-Oct-20
Any buck like that just needs another 2 days.

When you see him, call me and I will be there in 2 days...........

01-Oct-20
LBshooter- next time use one of these ;-) at the end of your post. Then we will know you are being sarcastic! ;-)

01-Oct-20
And maybe a “JK” as well, Rut. Some guys are a little slow ;-) JK!

01-Oct-20
Nice buck Keefers, I like your bow and arrows too.

01-Oct-20
I'm sorry, I just figured that the smart guys would have picked up on the sarcasm ;)

01-Oct-20
Folks with CDS do not seem very smart to me,

02-Oct-20
Your "noose" looks like a wild grapevine to me.

02-Oct-20
It maybe a grapevine but it’s insensitive to include it in the picture. BLM ( booner lives matter)

03-Oct-20
That’s a cool buck. Thanks for the pic. On the other topic, I’ve strongly advocated against crossbows on here DURING the ARCHERY season for several reasons, some are personal, most are based on statistics and common sense. I live back in Ohio now, moved back 5 years ago after spending 30 years in various states bow hunting. I left Ohio before I was a bowhunter and before crossbows were legal. All I can say is, crossbow hunting on PUBLIC land during the ARCHERY season has for me, as a bowhunter, ruined the bowhunting experience. The reason archery has been given long seasons in the first place is because of the difficulties and time it takes to harvest a deer with archery tackle. It took a lot of advocating to state legislatures to legalize long Archery seasons. The one stat that is a bit offensive to me I guess to put it, is a couple years ago the archery harvest in Ohio surpassed the gun harvest. I quit hunting PUBLIC land in Ohio in some of the bigger more popular areas in the Southern part of the state due to overcrowding and quite frankly, crossbow hunters employing gun hunting tactics during an archery season. Thankfully I’ve found a small public area that doesn’t get a lot of pressure, but last year it started seeing more crossbow hunters. Anyhow, my point is, I feel the law in Ohio should be tweeked to allowing crossbows on private land only, or give them a late season hunt for a couple weeks, sorta like the muzzleloaders. Anyhow, that’s my 2 cents. If I offended any of you crossbow hunters out there who think you’re actually bow hunting, well I’m not sorry. It seems every time a bowhunter speaks out against crossbow hunting we get shouted down. Shooting a crossbow is exactly like shooting a rifle, it’s not even close to shooting a bow, both physically and especially mentally. Bowhunters have no ill will toward crossbow hunters, we just don’t think they belong in the archery season. I wish you all a safe and happy hunting season this year, and for those of you in Ohio here who choose to hunt with a crossbow over archery gear, it’s your loss, you’re robbing yourself of the joy and exhilaration of taking game with a bow and arrow, there’s no comparison. And one last point while I’m on my soapbox lol, if hunting with a compound bow is so gosh darn easy, then why advocate for the crossbow. The truth of the matter is, the gun hunters of this state didn’t want to take the time and effort it takes to harvest a deer with a bow, even a compound bow, and they were jealous of the long archery season, so they advocated for the use of a crossbow. They’ve essentially turned our archery season into a crossbow season. I hardly ever see a fellow archer around here anymore, I guess the long archery season, just like the archer themselves will just be obsolete one day. Pretty sad in my opinion.

03-Oct-20
Congratulations on a World-Class Whitetail

04-Oct-20
That’s a cool buck. Thanks for the pic. On the other topic, I’ve strongly advocated against crossbows on here DURING the ARCHERY season for several reasons, some are personal, most are based on statistics and common sense. I live back in Ohio now, moved back 5 years ago after spending 30 years in various states bow hunting. I left Ohio before I was a bowhunter and before crossbows were legal. All I can say is, crossbow hunting on PUBLIC land during the ARCHERY season has for me, as a bowhunter, ruined the bowhunting experience. The reason archery has been given long seasons in the first place is because of the difficulties and time it takes to harvest a deer with archery tackle. It took a lot of advocating to state legislatures to legalize long Archery seasons. The one stat that is a bit offensive to me I guess to put it, is a couple years ago the archery harvest in Ohio surpassed the gun harvest. I quit hunting PUBLIC land in Ohio in some of the bigger more popular areas in the Southern part of the state due to overcrowding and quite frankly, crossbow hunters employing gun hunting tactics during an archery season. Thankfully I’ve found a small public area that doesn’t get a lot of pressure, but last year it started seeing more crossbow hunters. Anyhow, my point is, I feel the law in Ohio should be tweeked to allowing crossbows on private land only, or give them a late season hunt for a couple weeks, sorta like the muzzleloaders. Anyhow, that’s my 2 cents. If I offended any of you crossbow hunters out there who think you’re actually bow hunting, well I’m not sorry. It seems every time a bowhunter speaks out against crossbow hunting we get shouted down. Shooting a crossbow is exactly like shooting a rifle, it’s not even close to shooting a bow, both physically and especially mentally. Bowhunters have no ill will toward crossbow hunters, we just don’t think they belong in the archery season. I wish you all a safe and happy hunting season this year, and for those of you in Ohio here who choose to hunt with a crossbow over archery gear, it’s your loss, you’re robbing yourself of the joy and exhilaration of taking game with a bow and arrow, there’s no comparison. And one last point while I’m on my soapbox lol, if hunting with a compound bow is so gosh darn easy, then why advocate for the crossbow. The truth of the matter is, the gun hunters of this state didn’t want to take the time and effort it takes to harvest a deer with a bow, even a compound bow, and they were jealous of the long archery season, so they advocated for the use of a crossbow. They’ve essentially turned our archery season into a crossbow season. I hardly ever see a fellow archer around here anymore, I guess the long archery season, just like the archer themselves will just be obsolete one day. Pretty sad in my opinion.

04-Oct-20
Pretty BOLD to come on here posting a cross-gun kill under the founders handle.

Wait till the real Pat gets back from all his fall excursions. Going to be some serious house cleaning taking place.

04-Oct-20
Thanks Ned . My opinion also.

04-Oct-20
I'm sitting here thinking some of these anti-crossbow (or anti-anything) posters may blow a cork when a Ten Point pop-up ad starts showing up at the bottom of their screen here on Bowsite. Things may get interesting here if that happens.

04-Oct-20
Now that would be funny as all get out.

04-Oct-20
We are all bow hunters and should continue to get along regardless of if it is crossbow longbow or compound.

04-Oct-20
I think arrow gun would be a better name than crossbow. Just mine and many others opinion. just sayin.

04-Oct-20
It perfectly ok to call it a bow if:

It has pulleys and cables, It is adjustable draw weight, It has a drop away rest, It has a stabilizer, It has mechanical let off of 80% or more, It uses a mechanical release, It has fiber optic sights, It has more advancements every year..:

But it f it’s is a crossbow OMG. The sky is falling. Give it up guys ??

• Sitka Gear