Royboy 03-Oct-20
30-Sep-20
What happens to preference points if you pass away before using them

30-Sep-20
The start voting Democrat

30-Sep-20
They go with you. :)

30-Sep-20
They go up in price when the politicians realize people are dying and they need more money.

30-Sep-20
If the politicians were real men they'd let you transfer the points to a family member

30-Sep-20
If the politicians were real men they'd let you transfer the points to a family member

30-Sep-20
They are buried with you. Not sure how they would cremate points though??

30-Sep-20
Even politicians know transferring points is a bad idea.

30-Sep-20

30-Sep-20
Can I start building points for heaven?

30-Sep-20
Think of it as helping with point creep. It's about the only hope younger people have....

30-Sep-20
If you're really worried about them, tell your partner/kid/etc your account login info and when you die they can apply you on a party app with whomever you chose. If they're out of state points that game dept won't have any idea if or when you died.

30-Sep-20
I feel the pain I am close to 16-18 Az points enter 3 surgeries and another knee coming up plus I’m almost 74 so we shall see good luck and stay safe Lewis

30-Sep-20
WapitiBob, That is some next level thinking that could work in Utah or Wyo. I don't think it would work for Colorado unless I am missing something. My understanding is that when applying as a group in Colorado priority is based on the group member with the fewest preference points (edited post)... Badbull

30-Sep-20
In Colorado they stay valid for 10 years. WapitiBob has it right. Have someone Use em Even after you’re dead.

30-Sep-20
But St Peter, you gotta let me in!!! I have 23 points!! I'm guaranteed to draw this year, point creep notwithstanding....

30-Sep-20
They aren't transferrable if that's what you mean.It would open up a whole black market.

30-Sep-20
Folks have been farming points of others, live and dead, for years.

30-Sep-20
Transferring points to others is the worst idea since preference points. Why should some snot nosed kid get preference just because of from whom he was born? Sounds like European hunting to me.

This isn't even beginning to touch on the side effects of playing the game like buying points for a slew of aging relatives in order to farm points.

30-Sep-20
This thread has really opened my mind to some things. Thanks!

01-Oct-20
I believe you can transfer them in Utah, thought I read that someplace. I don't think its a bad idea, my kids can go on an awesome hunt in memory of me then! :)

01-Oct-20
You old timers that think your points should go to your kids are the same guys that complain that younger generations are too entitled.... Where do you think they got it from? I am technically a millennial, and I think we get a bad rap for the whole entitled thing...

01-Oct-20
Right on Hoot. They devised a system that keeps anyone younger than them from getting the best tags, and then proceed to call those younger people entitled. It's humorous that some think you should be able to pass your points on to your kids. Can't wait until Unit 2 takes 117 points to draw.

01-Oct-20
They obviously go with you! With all the great hunters in the “happy hunting grounds” the Guy running the show has implemented points up there as well...

01-Oct-20
My PP's will meet the same fate as my critter mounts. Within a year of dirt getting piled on me, they will be gone. Not will only will my enemies cheer my death, you B@stards who have less points than me with be happy also! My death is your gain! LOL!

01-Oct-20
I'm a Jr. and have always hated having the same name as my dad, but this thread has me thinking :)

01-Oct-20
If I have my way I'm going in the ground with no points left and only a couple dollars in the bank!!! "Smoke 'em if you got 'em!"

01-Oct-20
If (shudder) Biden wins, all the points will go into one big communist pool. Like voting, dead or alive won't matter.

01-Oct-20
A good friend of mine who was 17 years older than me died last week of a massive heart attack at 61 years old. He was in great shape and the widow maker got him. This was the first year he missed hunting the entire month of September elk camp in 25+ years. He died holding 22 Colorado elk points. Was holding out to draw his favorite unit 61 one more time. Kept telling him it could be 5-10 more years till you catch up and why don't you just hunt another good unit but he insisted on 61 or bust.

01-Oct-20
If Biden wins, they are going to take the points from those that have been accumulating them for years and give them to newbies.

01-Oct-20
If Biden wins nothing will happen. This is the second thing on his list and we all know he can never remember the second thing on his list!

01-Oct-20
Being a Jr. wouldn't give you the same birth date so I don't figr that would help.

01-Oct-20
Smarba how many points does it take to get through the Pearly Gates and is there point creep in Heaven too? It wouldn’t be Heaven if that were the case. I figured it was surely all OTC up there. No thick timber. Elk run to the truck and die.

01-Oct-20
“ No thick timber. Elk run to the truck and die.”

That sure sounds like hell to me!

01-Oct-20
Who cares what would happen after I’m dead

01-Oct-20
Why using someone else's points may not be such a brilliant idea. Say you do and get the tag. Then of course you have to go and since it's such a great hunt you kill a monster. You take it home to your state.

Of course you'll tell a few people after getting them to promise not to tell anyone else how smart you were in beating the system.

This is where things get interesting. It starts because you forgot the rule about secrets. "You can tell someone a secret but then you must kill them". You also forgot to kill them.

While sitting in your trophy room admiring the monster you get a knock on the door and after introductions start conversing with the federal agents about your monster. They will give you a bit of information about the Lacey Act. Courts have ruled that they can legally lie to you in their attempts to get information.

You don't have the same right and hopefully you will remember that lying to them in any way is a felony.

Still want to use someone else's points?

01-Oct-20
Besides Wyoming what states allow point sharing?

02-Oct-20
Arizona. And with PointGuard people are building points for as many family members as they can. They can share points with each of them twice now.

02-Oct-20
Any state with party applications does. If there wasn’t a system that allowed it legally how would one go about that???

02-Oct-20
Is there hunting in heaven

02-Oct-20
They mysteriously go away like the flu, with the warmer weather

02-Oct-20
Colorado doesn't allow point sharing. Your party goes into the draw with the point total of whoever has the least number of points.

02-Oct-20
NV averages points for party app's. If I have 10 and my partner has two, we get 6 in the draw.

02-Oct-20
NV doesn't allow party apps for some species though. At least for NRs.

02-Oct-20
I only know of a few species in NV that you can apply for via party app’s. Given the low odds for bull elk, sheep, I'm not sure I’d apply for those in a group and further lower my odds.

02-Oct-20
Thanks for the laughs guys. I haven't been on Bowsite for a few months, and this was AWESOME to read!!

03-Oct-20
Party apps in Oregon combine points and divide by number in party. .50 and they round down and Wyoming does the percentage. Wyoming if two guys have 5 total it equals 2.5 each but in Oregon 2.5 gets rounded down to 2

• Sitka Gear