Rock 03-Oct-20
Ucsdryder 03-Oct-20
KC9 03-Oct-20
Cazador 03-Oct-20
Liv2HntBigBullz 05-Oct-20
TXCO 06-Oct-20
t-roy 06-Oct-20
03-Oct-20
Just got an email this morning that a tag was returned and I'm next in line for goat tag in Unit 16. Season runs Monday Oct. 5 through Oct 16. Have not scouted goat in this unit before and trying to decide if I should take it(I have till tomorrow to decide) I'm 63 and I do know my window to bowhunt goats is closing. I'm leaning towards taking it, but could really could use help and advice. I just returned from 20 days of elk hunting and the wife gave me the thumbs up to go if I wanted to:) Any advice on the unit would be much appreciated.

03-Oct-20
Only advise I can offer is we both know you'll regret it if you don't go.

03-Oct-20
I'm about 95% sure I'm going to take it, just trying to gather as much info now as possible. I do have 1 very good resource, but looking for any help in the unit as possible. Thanks

03-Oct-20
If you don’t go you won’t get a goat

03-Oct-20
Hunted 16 6-8 years ago , was near last week Sept. Very top of Mt Teller nearly always has goats in the area. Shot mine there as did another guy I met. Co has a kill location map that shows reported kill sites over the years. this will put you in areas of high goat usage. If yours is either sex tag and your not adverse to shooting a 8”-9” nanny sitting on Mt Teller will give you close bow range shooting mostly likely first day your there.

Hopefully deep snow does not impact your access.

But hair should be fantastic your season compared to Sept.

I will see if I can find my notes map stuff on that hunt. Have sent it to some guys in past . Timing is not to good for that this time , but I remember their was another area that goats loved to hang out but can’t recall exactly the name . Was north and east of Mt Teller . Required hiking in , as the Mt Teller peak is drive able from two sides the time I went.

03-Oct-20
Another option would be to contact a guide to see if they have an opening, being this late and not having scouted it would really improve your odds. My recommendation if you want to go that route would be Mark Turner out of Idaho Springs, he knows that area well.

03-Oct-20
No brainer. It’s not a preference point system where you were guaranteed to draw in the next couple years.

03-Oct-20
I got the tag Thanks Huntcell for the info. Feel free to Email me or Pm me. I appreciate the information. [email protected]

03-Oct-20
Take it, I’ll tell you where I saw nice goats a week or so ago.

05-Oct-20
Sent an email give me a call.

06-Oct-20
Take it, no guarantee youll get it again. Hire a guide if you can. Share pics!

06-Oct-20
Good luck on your hunt, KC!

• Sitka Gear