BruceB 07-Oct-20
Bow Only Outdoors 07-Oct-20
BruceB 07-Oct-20
Bow Only Outdoors 07-Oct-20
Mike Ukrainetz 07-Oct-20
wytex 21-Oct-20
Treeline 21-Oct-20
03-Oct-20
My son and I are looking to do a DIY OTC archery mule deer hunt and were looking for any help you may be able to provide on where to go. We are thinking NE or SD for the sake of distance from Wisconsin and license cost. Any feedback you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks

03-Oct-20
Don't forget to check out North Dakota or eastern Montana.

03-Oct-20
Don’t prioritize driving distance over hunting opportunities. No matter where you hunt the drive home is long if you didn’t kill anything.

03-Oct-20
Are you asking for this year or next?

03-Oct-20
Or even further than that? There's a lot of good mule deer hunts that can be had. States that touch the states you mention too.

05-Oct-20
Looking for next year. Also need it to be OTC and public land. Kinda like the idea of spot and stalk. Looking for any advice. Thanks

05-Oct-20
We have hunted antelope in SE MT a number of times during rifle season. Very hard to get on deer on public there. All the deer we have seen are on private, at least where the antelope are. However, if you have suggestions for that I would appreciate that as well. Thanks

06-Oct-20
awe come on. Gotta be somebody willing to share some info.

06-Oct-20
Don’t go to Nebraska. Lots of people have the same idea and opportunities are scarce.

07-Oct-20
Why does it have to be otc?? There are a lot of units in Co that can be had with zero points. I have drawn units with my second choice in the past there.

Ne public has gotten insane if your thinking of going open week. There were areas in NW Ne I had all to myself. Now days that isn’t the case. Things could settle down as the season progresses. I wouldn’t know since I have never been there after the first two weeks. .

If you want to hunt SD and public you will have a oct 1st start date. There are areas that see a lot of traffic but areas that see no one as well.

07-Oct-20
I guess by OTC I was meaning guaranteed draw. Open to suggestions but I would like spot and stalk opportunities rather than hunting in thick cover and at my age elevations below 7000 feet. I live at 900 feet.

07-Oct-20
South Dakota is where I would recommend. Tons of public ground and tags are basically over the counter. (Have to apply before April 1st to hunt public land for that year) so you’re looking at a 2021 hunt.

Put in the work and don’t be afraid to go to several areas until you get away from people and find the deer. Some of the public I’ve hunted in South Dakota has been better than the private I have permission on in Nebraska.

07-Oct-20
Any suggestions for "better" areas? Not your honey holes just in general. Thanks

07-Oct-20
Anything West of the Missouri River that’s that has lots of hiding places and draws is generally really good. Some places are better than others but it just takes lots of exploring! You will find them if you go.

07-Oct-20
Arizona, done it several times, endless spot and spook opportunities on good deer on public land.

21-Oct-20
Sent you a message Bruce.

21-Oct-20
OTC:

Arizona in the December or January seasons. September can be good but hot and the snakes can be annoying...

0 point draw:

Look to some of the general tags in central or western Wyoming for low country spot and stalk in the sage brush. Bonus is being able to hunt with a rifle if you don’t close the deal with the bow.

Lots of tags in Colorado are 0 points or even second choice. Most of the low country in eastern CO is private and most of the western part is above 7K. Be aware that CPW has greatly increased rifle buck tags in NW CO in an effort to reduce mature bucks significantly so buck numbers are down.

• Sitka Gear