Guardian hunter 12-Nov-20
05-Oct-20

Guardian hunter's embedded Photo
38 pounder
38 pounder
Sitting on 180 acres. Self filming. My son killed a coyote with his recurve this morning. Pics to follow

05-Oct-20

After this guy

05-Oct-20
Big boy

06-Oct-20
He's big

06-Oct-20
I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow evening. Stay tuned. Maybe he'll show up as last night we saw 10 deer all small

06-Oct-20
Good luck - nice buck and probably some bigger on 180 acres in Ohio!

06-Oct-20
I think so too Jack. Remains to be seen. GL to all

07-Oct-20

Where the little bugger died
Where the little bugger died

07-Oct-20
Awesome on recurve yote! I have never got one even got a shot!

07-Oct-20
Nice shot on the ‘Yote! Those darn things turn inside out faster than a deer around here. Good luck on the 8 pt!

07-Oct-20
Thanks. I've hunted for 40 plus years and never had a shit and he gets one on his second full year of deer hunting. Some guys have all the luck

07-Oct-20

Last year's buck in the same exact woodlot
Last year's buck in the same exact woodlot

07-Oct-20
Are you going to wok that dog?

07-Oct-20
I'm not sure what Woking is but sure. Why not.

07-Oct-20

Overlooking the Marsh for this hunt.
I've killed a couple good bucks on this property. Let's see if we can do it tonight. GL to all outdoorsmen

07-Oct-20

I've killed a couple good bucks on this property. Let's see if we can do it tonight. GL to all outdoorsmen

07-Oct-20
Booted a yearling on the way in. Very windy but from the NW west is best

07-Oct-20
I just shot a doe. I cannot believe I'm still shaking after 40 years of bow hunting. What a wonderful lifestyle we have

07-Oct-20
good job, lets see some pics

07-Oct-20
I'll post a picture tomorrow. The dough weighed 180 lb and only went 30 yd. Used a rage broadhead at a very steep cornering away and entered behind the ribs and came out the center of the chest. Amazing blood trail and a great hunt

07-Oct-20
Congratulations!!! That is a big ole doe!!!

08-Oct-20

08-Oct-20
Good job!

08-Oct-20
Nice!

08-Oct-20
Well done! My buddy and I spoke of the same excitement whether it be a buck or doe and that should we lose that adrenaline rush then maybe we need to take up something else. lol

08-Oct-20
congrats on your doe - 180# dressed might be the largest doe I have ever heard of. Or - was that undressed weight?

08-Oct-20
Not trying to start a fight but Im calling BS on the 180. Even undressed. I have killed over 100 deer, my brother is pushing 150 deer and I have yet to see a doe tip the scales over 135. I need to talk to Pat about running a contest next year for heaviest dressed deer.

08-Oct-20
Well with due respect it is not BS. It was 180 on the hoof. Field dressed it was around 1:41. Thanks for the good thoughts everybody

08-Oct-20
My hats off to you sir!

08-Oct-20
I've seen big flat head does go over 135lbs in illinois

08-Oct-20
In Ohio, we often kill does over 150. Fat, farm fed with age class.

08-Oct-20
So far I have four doe down. They averaged about 155. This one just happened to be a pretty big one

08-Oct-20
They say, "you can not eat the horns". Does, are good eaters. Nicely done. Paul

08-Oct-20
Thanks Paul.. great book by the way. Thank you for sending it

08-Oct-20
Congrats to you and your son so far, Gary!

08-Oct-20
Nice doe! A Rage will get'em just about everytime.

A big doe contest might be interesting. I've shot a couple of bigguns here up north.

08-Oct-20
A 180 pound doe is equivalent to what size rack on a buck in terms of rarity. I would say 190” deer

08-Oct-20
I've shot two does in northern Ohio that broke the 150lb mark. There's some big ones around here. Nice doe Guardian. That's what I refer to as a sausage doe :-)

08-Oct-20
The first year they ever allowed doe hunting in Maryland I killed a doe that field dressed 164 pounds. Since then I am lucky to get a 130 pound doe. I think the reason for the first one being so big was they were illegal to kill before then. I mainly hunt mature does. I let a lot of bucks walk by but now hunting with a single shot muzzle loading pistol I would shoot a buck.

08-Oct-20
Does that size are definitely a real thing in Ohio.....I have shot a few that big as well.

09-Oct-20
I could definitely see 180 on the hoof, but they sure don't get much bigger! I consider any doe dressed over 100# a damn big doe.

09-Oct-20
We're going to go out again in the morning. Probably will shoot one more dough and then I'll be looking for the big butt. Will keep you posted. Thanks for all the support it's great to see positivity

09-Oct-20
I like big butts I cannot lie

09-Oct-20
Darn autocorrect makes me sound almost as dumb as I am

10-Oct-20
Sometimes you have to have dough to get the big butt. lol. Just kidding I hope you shoot the big one!

10-Oct-20
That's funny Gid gave us a sense of humor too

10-Oct-20
If you are successful on killing a big butt we would all like to see the trophy pics. Also make sure you long arm the big butt so it appears bigger than it really is.

15-Oct-20

My son just got this tear this morning. Same Sandy got the coyote from. Very heavy animal 7 pointer and doesn't score really big points but what's so much fun. Got it with the same recurve and 15 yards. Very proud of him

15-Oct-20

My son just got this deer this morning. Same Stand he got the coyote from. Very heavy animal 7 pointer and doesn't score really big points but was so much fun. Got it with the same recurve at15 yards. Got it all on video. Very proud of him

15-Oct-20
Thats what it is all about! Congrats.

16-Oct-20
Just a little background on him. He's a great kid. College didn't really go well afor him after injuries on a lacrosse scholarship and really got lost for a while. We opened Ohio Premier archery and Sports in Northeast Ohio about February of last year. Then covid-19 and really made him feel even worse as we had to close for 3 months. Since then he's got well known as one of the better traditional archery guys in the state. Very honest and deeply compassionate. He's a good one. Sorry just had to show my pride. Wish you all well. G

16-Oct-20
Congrats to your son and good luck with your Archery store!

16-Oct-20
Congrats! You should be very proud and it sounds like you are.

16-Oct-20
I live close by, I’ll have to stop by and check the archery shop out. Does he stock any traditional archery stuff? Congrats on the buck!

16-Oct-20
Thank you everybody. I am very proud of all four of my kids. Yes Craig he has quite a bit of traditional archery gear. It's his passion. Love to see you. We keep the coffee hot

24-Oct-20
Out again tonight. Rain has subsided. Had a 5 point trailing a small doe. Just smells deery tonight. Best if fortune to all. G

24-Oct-20
Very quiet now. 30 more minutes

24-Oct-20
Had a 10 pt that will be a stud in a year or two. Nice to see them on the move! Good luck.

24-Oct-20
Good deal Rick

30-Oct-20

This morning hitting it again. Just saw this guy under my stand. Needs a year maybe two

02-Nov-20

Back at it again November 2nd just getting out Northeast Ohio at 3:30. This is my view from my tree stand overlooking two ridges being separated by a stream. Very cool area

02-Nov-20
We are out for 4 hours this morning. The wind was pretty quick and we did not see anything but squirrels. Let's see what tonight brings

02-Nov-20
Pretty spot good luck!

02-Nov-20

Looking west
Looking west

02-Nov-20

Three nose and a button buck right underneath me. Hoping something is following

04-Nov-20
Out in the same stand this morning. Call it the bottle neck Creek stand. Hearing movement. Let's hope

04-Nov-20
I have a six-pointer bed and down right underneath me the meadow across the creek. He looks tired so he must have been chasing last night. Hopefully a bigger one comes to run him off

04-Nov-20
So the little six-pointer turned out to be a eight-pointer. He just met up with a four-pointer on the meadow and the four-pointer was sorry they met

04-Nov-20

04-Nov-20
Looks like the weather is going to put a hurting on afternoon and evening movement this week in Ohio. The next week a bunch of days near 70.

04-Nov-20
Guardian are things heating up in Ohio? I’m heading down Saturday thru Wednesday to SE. Ohio looks like good beach weather with highs in the 70s. Probably won’t be doing all day sits I imagine movement will be at night and mornings.

04-Nov-20
Guess the right answer is yes and no. Some of my friends have gotten some really big ones the last two weeks. Mostly I have seen small basket racks. So it's active but perhaps not the right deer are moving

04-Nov-20
map1

the rut is magical couple weeks. you wait all year for it. you are hunting just 5 days. sit in the stand all day! come on man!!!!!!!!! what would you rather be doing?

04-Nov-20
Bouboud I agree should be down there all week due to COVID my employer made employees burn most of our vacation in the spring.

05-Nov-20
Heading out again this morning. It's going to be a warm week. Always hopeful. You never know when that great one just wants to slip through a bottleneck

05-Nov-20

I have had deer all around me from the first minute. One shooter four other bucks and a bunch of dose. Quiet now. Here's a buck fight I think you might enjoy

05-Nov-20

Maybe this ine

06-Nov-20
The heT will shut things down. 75-76 this weekend. Insane

06-Nov-20
Well, I told my son that if I get the chance to take a buck, I will. Took a 4 pt. with 10 inch spread. Dressed out at 162lbs. My son has been out of work for almost a year do to this covid crap. He has had many interviews, but until the government figures out which way they are going to turn. Nobody was hiring. He starts monday, he will be working as a quality control engineer in a chemical plant. He has no car, his died, so he will be using mom and dads till he gets some money ahead. I am so proud of him an the way he he has been handling all the rejects because of covid. Oh, first time using the lited nocks. Got to see the hit and were it hit. Deer went about 70 yards. An the carbon express quad pro coc broadhead did the trick. davep

06-Nov-20
Nice job Dave. Happy for you. I'm going again tomorrow. Never quit

07-Nov-20
Had a doe and a small 6 come in. Then an 8 came in riled up and puffy. He chased everyone away. He needs some mire time so lets see who else wants to play. Wish everyone well

07-Nov-20

07-Nov-20
Guardian I have seen several small bucks last couple days but the big boys are coming around as my friend and I who hunt neighboring properties saw a real wide heavy huge bodied buck. I only caught a quick look at him tonight. My buddy believes he’s a 10

08-Nov-20
Im up in the bottleneck creek stand tonight. Two buddies killed last night 150 and 140. They said it was a busy night Lets see if it continues. Went from 78 to 60 degrees in an hour. Perhaps we shall get lucky.

09-Nov-20
Taking the day off and doing business today. Bad weather coming in on Wednesday so I'll hunt Tuesday and keep everybody posted. Maybe we'll see some bigger activity. As far as last night three does came in. Two were very spooky so there might be a cruiser

09-Nov-20

09-Nov-20
Got to love hunting in the hard wood forests. Paul

12-Nov-20
Well. It was great luck last night and shot a nice eight pointer. Had a double main beam so I thought I can't resist. I'll post a picture in a little while. Thanks for following. Gary

12-Nov-20

Here he is. My buddy shot his dad 2 years ago. Wish everyone a safe hunt. Better pic to come.

12-Nov-20

Ok. Here goes. 2 main beams of the left side

• Sitka Gear