4nolz@work 07-Oct-20
4nolz@work 07-Oct-20
midwest 07-Oct-20
APauls 07-Oct-20
W8N4RUT 09-Oct-20
stagetek 10-Oct-20
Lefty 10-Oct-20
05-Oct-20
I have a small pack that's perfect size for whitetail but it's a sling style pack (approx 14" x 8"). I like the small size but I'm not crazy about the sling style. Anyone have suggestions on a real small, compact two strap backpack. Thanks.

06-Oct-20
Would a lumbar pack work for you? I have three degenerated discs in my neck, so while I can still stand to do some backpacking, it’s mainly because I’m set up with all the weight on my hips.

Also, I find it a little harder to shoot with a pack on... without practice anyway

06-Oct-20
Kuiu has a new small daypack called the Divide. It looks interesting at $150. I might have to try it out.

06-Oct-20
I have a Mystery Ranch Pop-Up 18 and it is the best whitetail pack I have seen. Best for carrying treestands or any load if needed, but nice and small and compact if needed. Small profile for hanging in the tree.

06-Oct-20
Apauls has it. I have that same pack plus a few bigger like the Horn Hunter I use them both for whitetail depending how much clothes I am carrying and how long I will be sitting. Shawn

06-Oct-20
Adam can you post a pic of what your pack looks like with stand and sticks attached?

06-Oct-20
I just checked out the Mystery Ranch pop up packs and now I want one. Damn you guys and your good suggestions!!!

07-Oct-20
I use a ebrlestock x2, can pack stands, sticks, ladders, etc pretty easy. I recommend.

07-Oct-20

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
David, if I remember I'll load a stand up at home to show you. Looking at my pics on my phone this is what I have readily available.

Here is a pick of my current setup with my two modified sticks and my saddle hunting stand is loaded up as well, you just can't see it ;) My bag only had some granola bars in it for the sit as well as snippers and a saw lol.

07-Oct-20

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
I'm not sure if my stand is in this one or not if it's behind the jacket. But with a stand is no different. The beauty of this pack, is it takes me an honest 30 seconds to load a stand, clothes and sticks so tight there won't be a squeak when walking. I'm using Lone wolf stands when not in my saddle, but don't see how any other stand would be different. My saddle is taking more and more of my sits. It also carries extremely comfortably. The straps are perfectly placed for this kind of load. IMO this pack is what Sitka TRIED to do with their TOOLbucket series of packs. (and failed) Once you remove your load you can choose to collapse the pack or not. The MR PopUp18 which I have has about the profile of a fanny pack when small, which is key for me being in our small Manitoba trees. I used to get picked off in the tree because of my pack and I am sure of it, because it stopped when I left my pack at the base of the tree.

In all honesty, this is by FAR the best whitetail hunting pack I have ever seen, and it wasn't even designed for that purpose. If MR discontinued the PopUp18 that's really sad because it is the BEST. It's hilarious because this pack isn't even listed in the "Whitetail" section of their website, yet I consider it to be the best whitetail pack made. Period. I think they're missing the boat a little with this one.

07-Oct-20
That's great, I guess I have to spend more money now!

07-Oct-20

07-Oct-20
I use a big "fanny pack" but add suspenders to it to wear like a backpack

07-Oct-20
Adam, are you using the Predator platform with your saddle?

07-Oct-20
LOL David, that's what bowsite is here for! I also got Derlago into one last year. You can ask him how he likes it for a 2nd review.

09-Oct-20
That new eberlestock looks great

10-Oct-20
Check out the Kuiu Stalker 500. I've been using it this year and really like it. Much better than a fanny pack. $59.

10-Oct-20
I used the kuiu 500 last week on a Colorado Elk hunt last week, worked really well.

• Sitka Gear