leo17 17-Oct-20
leo17 17-Oct-20
Treeline 17-Oct-20
Dennis Razza 18-Oct-20
Dennis Razza 18-Oct-20
BowJangles 13-Nov-20
Huntcell 13-Nov-20
06-Oct-20
Hey Guys. I’m trying to figure out how to mount my Dall from this year. I’m set on a full body mount. Not sure what pose. Any suggestions? He’s not quite full curl. Are there mounts that work better for different size horns. I plan on doing a replica set of horns to go on the cape and I’m keeping the euro mount on my table. Any experience with replicas ? Mostly I’d like to see some of your mounts.

Thanks

06-Oct-20

kscowboy's Link
I think this guy does some fantastic sheep. It might be a challenge logistically for you but he's pretty darn good. I haven't used him but have seen his work and it's some of the best I've seen.

06-Oct-20
My question is what are your long term taxidermy plans? Might as well plan for the grand slam of sheep! And get them mounted to fit together in the end :)

06-Oct-20

Knife2sharp's Link
I had Dewey do my Texas Dall (don't laugh), a wall pedestal, and he was recommended by my friend Klaus (Antlers by Klaus), who BTW does do sheep replicas. I included the link to his Sheep page, the TX Double Curl Dall Sheep is my mount. You would have to call them to find out the cost to mold it and the cost for a copy.

06-Oct-20

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Whatever you decide, I highly encourage you to have some teeth showing. I think it gives the mount just a bit more character while adding in some realism. This mount was done by Skip Scott here in Alaska, considered by many to be the best Dall Sheep taxidermist out there.

06-Oct-20

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
A few poses to give you some ideas. I also agree with Nick’s comment about having the teeth show since it adds to the realism.

06-Oct-20
Wyoming backcountry decor for the replica and Dakota or Dewey for the LS.

07-Oct-20
Being from New York, I would have the mount done by Marcus Zimmerman of Zimmerman's Wildlife. He is a world champion taxidermist and I believe he has a four month turnaround on life sized sheep mounts. He also has an impressive showroom that will give you plenty of ideas, he specializes in sheep!

07-Oct-20
Being from New York, I would have the mount done by Marcus Zimmerman of Zimmerman's Wildlife. He is a world champion taxidermist and I believe he has a four month turnaround on life sized sheep mounts. He also has an impressive showroom that will give you plenty of ideas, he specializes in sheep! He is located in Pennsylvania.

14-Oct-20

KHunter's embedded Photo
KHunter's embedded Photo
"I had Dewey do my Texas Dall (don't laugh)."

14-Oct-20
LOL Kirby

14-Oct-20
The mount with the one laying on the rock looks FANTASTIC!!!

15-Oct-20

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo
Here’s mine. It is OK, but after seeing a lot of great taxidermy, I would have done a different pose.

Not sure who it was on here that did the one walking down at the same angle as the stairs but that is one of my favorites!

I would probably do a pedestal mount rather than the life size because it takes up too much room.

I think that it would be really cool to have all 4 as pedestal mounts on a base that would show them all off.

Will probably do replica horns for my next one to have the sheep head euro just because they are so damn cool!

15-Oct-20
Double post

But, love those bear skulls on the shelf, Nick!

Scott, that Dall pedestal is very nice - like the base of rocks, sets him off very nicely! Also very nice on the desert and stone! That laying down, relaxed stone is a good life size pose!

15-Oct-20

Spiral Horn's embedded Photo
Spiral Horn's embedded Photo
I’m also partial to pedestals and wall-pedestals. Here another just for idea’s sake.

16-Oct-20

MTNRCHR's embedded Photo
MTNRCHR's embedded Photo

16-Oct-20
Taxidermy is about memories I like the pedestals with rocks but if full bodied go with a pose that reminds you of the hunt

16-Oct-20
https://www.zimmermanwildlife.net/ Plenty of ideas here!

17-Oct-20

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
The reason I chose the pose above

17-Oct-20

Stekewood's Link
Jim Kelly in New Jersey is as good as it gets when it comes to sheep (or anything else for that matter).

17-Oct-20
I’m with TILZBOW. I did my dall in the position it was when I shot it. Mine was laying down too. However I wish I’d done it like MTNRCHR. WOW that’s a great mount!

17-Oct-20
Awesome stuff Tilz!!!!!

17-Oct-20

CFMuley's embedded Photo
CFMuley's embedded Photo
I used to ship taxidermy for a living, and in my opinion, you can’t beat Dewey’s sheep. The mounts themselves are on point, but his habitat guy is on a whole different level!

17-Oct-20

CFMuley's embedded Photo
CFMuley's embedded Photo

17-Oct-20
Wow guys really impressive. I was more looking for mount ideas than taxidermist. Bob Vitro of True-life taxidermy does all my work. I scrolled around and think I have chosen my pose. It’s full body. Coming down hill on a base with the head slight turned.

17-Oct-20

leo17's embedded Photo
leo17's embedded Photo
Gonna go with something like this on my Dall. I’ll update you with pictures

17-Oct-20
Razza taxidermy does one hell of a job. I was looking through his site. Very impressive

17-Oct-20
That is a great pose! Please let us know how it turns out!

18-Oct-20

Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Thanks Leo. Best of luck!

18-Oct-20

13-Nov-20
I second Stekewood's motion. I went with Jim on my Mt. Lion mount. The stuff he had in the shop looked INCREDIBLE! He'll be getting all of my business in the future.

13-Nov-20

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Begins on the mountain.
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Begins on the mountain.
Classic ram mount

• Sitka Gear