Supernaut 26-Nov-21
bluedog 26-Nov-21
bluedog 26-Nov-21
Bill in MI 26-Nov-21
Jaquomo 27-Nov-21
KC9 28-Nov-21
Wildan2 28-Nov-21
07-Oct-20
Whose got one? Anyone buy an "amazon version?" If so what are the reviews? Does yours require a proprietary battery and charger? Do you go USB battery bank as charger? Does it last all day? Thanks for any input.

07-Oct-20
I have a Gerbing and like it. 3 batteries last all day on High. It's heavy and bulky. An insulation layer without the heating elements.

I've heard great things about pnuma, and will try one some of these days

07-Oct-20
I have the Pnuma. I really like it. Last year on days with highs of 5-10, I was able to sit all day in a stand. You need two batteries to make it on medium all day. Last weekend it was 25 when I got in the stand and it was so nice to have it on my back!!! I love it.

07-Oct-20
I have a Pnuma and like it but their customers service sucks.

07-Oct-20

Jack Harris's Link
My Amazon version has been good now on season 2. Attached the link - great battery life. It's sized smaller than US sizes but you also want it just over base layer and to be very tight / form fighting to maximize the heaters. Game changer for me - can really stay comfortable without adding extra bulky layers and pretty much get down to zero with Cabelas Wooltimate outer layer and Cabalas ECWCS base layers.

I have heard good things about Pnuma and Gerbing however. The "Warming Store" is another good source outside of Amazon.

07-Oct-20
I have the Gerbing. Two or 3 batteries will last all day. Have had it for about 4/5 years. Pa. sure is not Canada cold, but under 20 degrees it can’t be beat. (little heavy though) which means I don’t have to wear a heavy coat or jacket.

07-Oct-20
2X, JohnMC

I have both the Puma and the Gerbing with 2 batteries for each and like them both but seem to be using the Puma more so have listed my Gerbing on Craigslist as I do not need both of them.

07-Oct-20
I have an Arris from Amazon. Very happy with it. I know of 4 others that have purchased this vest. I have not needed the heat for long periods of time but the battery life has been great. One of my batteries has a USB port that works great for phone charging.

07-Oct-20

stick slinger's embedded Photo
stick slinger's embedded Photo
Interested in this as well. I was doing some looking on Amazon earlier today. There are a few that are pretty cheap with decent reviews. DIY sportsman on YouTube has used pnuma with good reviews, but I’d like a cheaper option if there’s something reliable. I’ll add a photo of one I found

07-Oct-20
Used my Pnuma last year and really liked it so got 2 more batteries for this year. It gets cold in N. wis. in Nov!

10-Oct-20
My son bought me a Gerbing for Christmas last year, it is a game changer! Love it but cant run it on high, to hot for me.

11-Oct-20
Sounds like one piece of technology I might be able to make peace with; when you go #130-#135 dripping wet, you get cold fast....

11-Oct-20
Pnuma works for me don’t even know I have it on Good luck Lewis

11-Oct-20
Puma is horrible. When it works it works good. Problem is it only works once and then won't charge up again.

On my second vest/battery charger and both did the same thing. Bee. Trying to reach Puma for a month now and no luck.

I would look elsewhere.

18-Oct-20
Ordered an Ororo off amazon. Looks like it had lots of good reviews. People actually finding they are getting the advertised 10 hours of batt life and 3 year warranty on elements so we'll see. Temps are already below zero and have been for a week.

19-Oct-20
Broke out the Pnuma vest last night, it was 29° F when I got in the stand, with a stiff NW wind. I usually leave it on high when I'm sitting 3-4 hours, and one battery is done by the time I get down. I have 3 batteries, and if I am sitting all day, need em all.

The heat is pretty much instant when you hit the power button, there's almost no lag time, which is nice. It's definitely been a good investment. I'll look harder at their heated long underwear, probably not right away though. My legs aren't as bad as my torso when it comes to cold.

19-Oct-20
I have had the gerbing for 5 years now and have 2 batteries which gets me about 4 hrs on high. As Jack said you want it to be snug over your base layer so you can feel the heat best.

19-Oct-20
I bought one last year at Scheels. I got one because I hate having to wear many layers of clothes for that last hour, or 1/2 hour of a sit. I wear it over my base layer micro wool. That last hour / 1/2 hour I turn it on and it really helps.

19-Oct-20
2 Years ago I bough an Ororo brand vest. Love it.

I bought an extra battery for it. If you leave it on HIGH, it'll last 4-5 hours. There are 3 setting, and I normally keep it on MEDIUM. Good for 5-6 hours. Rarely use LOW.

The vest is quilted, and it really keeps the heat in, as well as your own body heat if using without batteries.

19-Oct-20
Can you wash heated vest ???

20-Oct-20
I believe it's washable (Pnuma) I can't see how that's good for it though. It is recommended you wear it next to your skin.... I don't. I wear a very light weight polyester or silk base layer, then the vest. I hang it outside and let it air out, overnight, between hunts.

20-Oct-20
I just looked..... hand wash only, hang dry only. Warranty is void if it is machine washed or dried. That's from Pnuma's website. I can't speak to other brands.

20-Oct-20
I watched a YouTube video on the Ororo vests, and they said that the vest is machine washable.

20-Oct-20
I will add even more versatility for the heated vest concept. The other night I got into a stand it was 65 degrees so I was wearing my lightest early season coveralls and very light base layer. I also put on the heated vest as "insurance" for when the temp dropped. Before I knew it the wind was blasting and it was now about 58-59. I was getting pretty chilled. I put a light beanie under my hat-face cover to warm my head and put the vest on medium - within minutes I was toasty warm for the remaining 90 minutes of the hunt. It's not just for really cold weather, it can be used for warm weather too when you want to dress as light as possible but know the temp will drop during the hunt.

20-Oct-20
Anyone try using a substitute 25000 Mah power bank with these vest to get longer use out of them?

20-Oct-20
Jack Harris, my thinking exactly. Sure it helps when it's really cold. But early / mid season, you can dress really light with the heated vest.

I've yet to wash my vest. It doesn't smell, as it's never next to my body. But I will be hand washing it...don't want to risk ruining it.

25-Oct-20
Pnuma has an Oct sale 15% Off Gear Code UPGRADE15 Brings vest down from 150 to 127.50 Shipping is 17.50 (Fed Ex 2 day ) So total is $144.00 Still best deal I’ve found on one So I ordered one for my own early Christmas present Gonna give it a try Getting colder quicker now that I’m getting older Will let you know how it performs Have first 2 weeks of Nov off for bowhunting in Wi

25-Oct-20
Do any of you have a Milwaukee heated vest? Is it not in the same league as these that you are talking about? I have one and I'm wondering if there are better options?

26-Oct-20
Pnuma for me ,its awesome warms when needed helps stay out there longer when you want to be there

26-Oct-20

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
I have a Pnuma vest and I wear it on all hunts when the temps are below 40 deg. (Which is from Sept to May in ND!)

As a little incentive, I just got an e-mail regarding a flash sale on Heated Core line. (25% off) for 2 days. See screen shot. (No I am not sponsored or have stock in Pnuma)

26-Oct-20
Thanks for the heads up Z. I just pulled the trigger on the heated long underwear. I was going to anyway at some point....might as well take $42.50 off them. .

26-Oct-20
Darn ,I should have Waited Thought I got a good deal at 25% off Lol

26-Oct-20
Darn ,I should have Waited Thought I got a good deal at 25% off Lol

02-Nov-20
First morning using the Pnuma vest Turned it on after about a hr of sitting Felt heat almost instantly Set it to medium and felt nice ,In Wisconsin , was 27 degrees with wind chill about 19 So far so good but only one day so far Probably won’t need it for the next week as temps are supposed to rise into the 50s and 60s

02-Nov-20
One sit in with the Ororo as well. So far I’m in love. Temp was -9 on Sunday and I turned it on after about an hour under the Fanatic. Sun came out, I only used it on low cause the high is super hot. I’m not sure if I’ve ever been that comfortable in the stand. It was like a warm dream. It was also noiseless as it is a vest. Good mojo too. I throttled a coyote with a 22 yard frontal. He was with a buddy and came to check out a doe bleat. Didn’t care about squeaking.

03-Nov-20
Saw the 25% deal that Z posted. Couldn't resist, and now have a Puma vest. They are built very long (so the batteries are below my beltline) and do seem to keep a lot of heat in without even being turned on. When turned on it warms up fast and allows me to not "bulk up" as others have said. Very happy with it so far. Cost me $129.66 to the door with one battery.

03-Nov-20
Arris from Amazon. 2nd year very pleased so far

04-Nov-20
Has anyone tried the ScentLok Reactor heated vest? I like that you can use your own battery pack.

26-Nov-20
The Ororo heated vest on Amazon is on sale for 103.99 Black Friday. A few guys on here on the last few vests threads said they had this one. I hinted to my wife and I noticed it was in the cart. Will let you know how it works after Xmas.

29-Nov-20
I got one (ororo) yesterday, will be trying it out today.

30-Nov-20
I tried my pnuma last week, very impressed. Comfortable, good heat. A bit expensive, but on cold days it's worth it. Keeps you still towards the end of the day when game starts moving.

30-Nov-20
Didn't need it yesterday, it was warm enough without turning it on. 30 deg 20 mph wind from the north.

10-Dec-20
The guys with Ororo, recently purchased, you all still satisfied? Or any new info? Looking to pull the trigger on one but wanted to check back one more time.

10-Dec-20
I've used mine twice and haven't had to turn it on yet but yes I believe it will work fine. Next week it's supposed to drop in temps into the teens so I'll find out.

10-Dec-20
So far very happy. The vest itself has decent insulation properties on its own, but when you turn on the heat...oh mama

10-Dec-20
Very happy with my Ororo. Only issue is the material makes a little noise when my face rubs against the collar if I have any whiskers whatsoever. Only noticeable only really still mornings. If I could change anything I’d make the collar fleece.

10-Dec-20
So far, my wife loves her Ororo jacket. I bought the vest to try it out during the whitetail season. Unfortunately, I tagged out in October, so I didn’t get to try it out ;-) Sizing runs big, IMO. The medium fits me a tiny bit snug, but that’s what they recommend. Normally, I would never be able to wear a medium. I’m 6’1” and 210.

Anybody have any experience with heated pants? My dad has diabetes and his legs always feel cold.

10-Dec-20
First year Pnuma user here (two batteries). As others attest - fits well, instant heat, batteries below belt line. Solid addition to my kit. If you tend to get chilly, this will certainly allow for more time on-stand.

Imo, only issue is breathability. I layer with merino (3/4 zip, zip-up sweater, vest) and, even carrying most of that in with me, I find my skin damp underneath the Pnuma (w/ and w/o base layer on skin). Audibled on long walks in to carrying the Pnuma vest with me. No biggie just a lot of layering to get situated on-stand. Maybe 2.0 will have better ventilation.

11-Dec-20
I got the fleece version of the Ororo. I have worn it several times, but never turned it on until tonight because I really didn't need the heat, the vest itself is very warm and quiet. Turned it on medium tonight just to see how it worked, and it is nice! Now I want it to get cold!

12-Dec-20
Wish I’d known there was a fleece version!!

12-Dec-20
I have had the pnuma for 2 years. Great vest, heat is almost instant on. I get cold easily no water what I do, I blame the blood thinners. Definitely get 2 batteries no matter which vest you get. One advantage of the pnuma vest is lifetime guarantee.

13-Dec-20
Sitting on top of a ridge last evening 25 deg with a 15mph north wind, finally turned my vest on and wasn't disappointed.

13-Dec-20
The heated Pnuma long underwear are also a great addition to cold weather gear. My legs usually aren't as big an issue as my upper body. But actual heat is nice when it's cold, and nobody can argue with that. At least I don't think anyone can.....

14-Dec-20
Well, after reading this thread several times I checked into the Ororo and found out Home Depot has them on their site and you can get them shipped to any of their stores for free. I just gave a HINT to my kids! Hope I see one under the tree next week! ;-)

14-Dec-20
Do those Ororo vests have kidney warmer coils in them or just chest and upper back? Curious about the fleece ones as well Thanks K

14-Jan-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
More like tummy, upper back and neck...............

14-Jan-21
I also have the Pnuma vest. It's great because you can drop a layer and as it chills off in the evening just turn it on and not be cold because it keeps the core warm.

I caught it on sale and got it for about $120.

14-Jan-21
Pnuma if you hurry is $105 right now. I got the vest and two batteries for $133 bucks! Shawn

15-Jan-21
Just a word of caution if buying the Ororo.........................................I ordered my vest online from the Home Depot site and had it shipped to store, as it usually is a bit quicker than having it shipped to your home. Ordered 12/20 and it shipped on 12/22. What I did NOT realize is it was shipped from CHINA.................................so it arrived in Anchorage AK on 1/2 and cleared customs the same day and made it to Louisville KY the next day (1/3) BUT................................................SAT IN THE WAREHOUSE FOR !) DAYS(getting scanned every day which triggered an e-mail saying "will be ready for pickup at the store tomorrow".) I was pretty patient for the first 3 days, but after 3 days of these e-mails it was painfully obvious I was NOT getting my vest the next day! : ( On Jan 8 I went to the store to find out what was wrong. After several calls the customer service rep explained that UPS was saying it was a "customs issue" and the package was "just released today, and you will have it on Monday 1/11". I'm STILL trying to figure out how customs was involved a second time if it was sitting at a warehouse in the Midwest AFTER already clearing customs in AK! ;-)

Guess what I saw on 1/11 when I checked the tracking? You guessed it: WAREHOUSE SCAN LOUISVILLE KY.................................well now I am FUMING! Luckily I was busy at work or someone(probably multiple people) would have got a good @$$ chewing that day! But on 1/12 when I did my daily tracking, I see that it was released from the warehouse and was on it's way to PA. Early the next morning, I see that it arrived in Harrisburg and was on the way to the store..................................

So after ordering the vest on 12/20 I FINALLY recieved it on 1/14! (3 and a half weeks later) In hindsight, if I had known it was coming from China, I would have paid the extra $50 and bought the Milwaukee vest that they had in the store.

That said, I tried it last night while doing some work in the basement and it seems like a great product! But if you are thinking of ordering one of these vests AND counting on using it anytime soon, I would not have any faith that it was going to happen after my experience!

15-Jan-21
My mom asked what to get me for xmas this year and I wanted the pnuma heated vest. Well xmas comes and mom hit a homerun and was able to get the heated vest. I have used it probably 6 times now out ice fishing. I have been wearing it right on the skin with a tight base layer, t-shirt and sweatshirt and have been toasty warm. There is heat immediately can really feel it in the upper back and lower back and a little in the chest. I wanted to try battery life the 1st time so I kept it on high and it went probably 2 hours. So there guess of 2 to 3 was pretty right on. Bought another battery for all day deer hunts. If anyone is thinking of getting one I would give a thumbs up.

15-Jan-21
I ordered my Ororo on Amazon for $103 and it came the next day free shipping. Have used it multiple times last month and found out it's really warm without even turning it on.

15-Jan-21
Guess the issue was with Home Depot.............................................. should have got it straight from Amazon................................................ : (

15-Jan-21
I've had the Gerbing for a number of years and not sure if they have updated their battery and switches, but that is my only complaint. The power buttons are too easy to accidentally turn on or off (or change the heat seating) and the plug in from the vest to battery is pretty rinky dink and easy to accidentally unplug.

Are there any heated vests that run on the powerbanks for other electronic devices? That would be a nice deal to have.

15-Jan-21
Shiras42 not sure on that answer. But the pnuma battery has a USB port to charge your phone which would probably really hurt battery life but nice to have.

19-Jan-21
Pnuma vests are 25% off now

Code HCFISH25

Not sure if it works, but might be able to save more with the code in this link

http://pnumaoutdoors.refr.cc/PDGCQ45

19-Jan-21

huntinelk's Link
Try the link this way

02-Nov-21
I've been wearing mine the last couple weeks. Best $$ I've spent on anything hunting related! I dressed a little too light yesterday, but had the vest on. And it SAVED me! Was VERY windy and I quickly realized I had really underestimated the cold factor. Put it on low after an hour. Got chilly again an hour later and bumped up to medium. After about 4 hrs I cranked it to HIGH. Was able to sit the whole 5 hours and was NOT suffering! I will be wearing this thing on most hunts from now on!

03-Nov-21
Quick question - are all of these vests easy to get extra batteries for? Thanks

03-Nov-21
^^^^ yes. Usually offered on the same site you ordered the vest from. Make sure to order a double pigtail charger cord too, so you can charge both batteries at the same time.

03-Nov-21
I've got one of those chargers for my little electric hand warmers, not sure it would be compatible. Good idea.

03-Nov-21
Any updated reviews from the folks who have these now for a year or more? Which brands are holding up the best?

03-Nov-21
Pneuma for the third year it’s been great I did get an extra battery but rarely need it good luck Lewis

03-Nov-21
Yes. I’ve had a Gerbing for 5 years 40 or below, it’s always with me. Have not had any problems.

03-Nov-21
I don’t think I have used much more than 50% battery so far......................(Ororo) but I will probably get another just to have a backup.

04-Nov-21
How's the fit on these vests, loose, tight, 'true to size'?

04-Nov-21
My Orroro Is still great. Didn’t get to use it this year due to tagging out early, but did use it trick or treating with my daughter. Nothing better than that warm hug when you’re chilly. I highly recommend making sure you get one with the neck heat. It’s the bomb

04-Nov-21

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
I have and use the Pnuma as well and going on season 3, no issues.

Purchased additional batteries, and a charger.

Very pleased and learned about it here on BS.

04-Nov-21
I definitely agree With Adam- the neck warmer is SO nice! I swear it even keeps your ears warm!

04-Nov-21
Re Fit. Pnuma is body fit. I wear a base layer beneath it. Heating elements are focused on the most important places. Ex kidneys. Kind of nice not having to pee after an hour in the stand because your kidneys have shrunk to the size of BB’s.

04-Nov-21
Actually, I have found you want a silk or similar LIGHT synthetic base layer..............not a thicker, insulated base layer. That way the heat is better transmitted to your skin/body.

04-Nov-21
We shoot 3D all year outside works great with temps above 40 degrees.

04-Nov-21
Pneuma has made me very happy. I wear a thin silk weight base layer with silver to keep odor down. As long as I have a way to charge it, I love it.

05-Nov-21
Dana- the Ororo is true to size. I debated about going down to a size Large to make sure it wasn;t too loose. Glad I stuck with XL- it fits great- not too tight and not too loose. The Large would have been too tight.

05-Nov-21
I have the Arris adjustable vest. It has different side panels that can be zipped in for a precise fit. Vest seems to work well. Only had it for a year…. Unfortunately it now seems the battery is bad and is either not fully charging or not holding a charge at all.

The vest has 5 settings and with a. Full charge it only lasted about 45 minutes on the lowest setting this morning.

Anyone else had this happen? Should I keep it charged during the “off season” too?

06-Nov-21
I’ve been using a Gerbing heated vest for quite a few years. For those that have the Ororo, is it quiet, what type of material and weight?

Thanks in advance.

21-Nov-21
The Ororo is kind of a puffy vest, but not much bulkier than a standard weight fleece vest. It is a soft fleece on the inside and polyester on the outside, but Being that it is on the inside of whatever outer layer you are wearing, it is quiet.

21-Nov-21

Rut Nut's Link
Here is a good review to check out

21-Nov-21
Thanks a lot fellas....more stuff to buy! I showed the wife....she wants one too.

21-Nov-21
Thanks Rut

21-Nov-21
No problem guys! 3 of my hunting buddies are looking to buy them now after seeing mine. ;-)

22-Nov-21
2 Ororo vests and extra batteries on the way!

22-Nov-21
I am going to get one of these for my father for Christmas. Looks like everyone has whittled this down to two options, the Ororo and the Pnuma.

"One advantage of the pnuma vest is lifetime guarantee." "I got the fleece version of the Ororo."

Anyone able to help me make the decision here? The fleece Ororo is looking like a great option.

22-Nov-21

SteveBNY's Link
Extra batteries - 2 for $20.

25-Nov-21
The Ororo fleece vest doesn't have the same heating element locations in the neck and hand pocket areas as the regular puffy.

26-Nov-21
Has anyone actually tried one of these 10,000 mAh power banks as a battery for a heated vest?

26-Nov-21
Good question Lou and I'll be interested to hear anyone's experience.

The wife got us a couple on Amazon that had great reviews. She's used hers and loves it. I've worn mine but haven't turned it on yet.

We got extra batteries but went with the ones sold by the manufacturer so we knew they'd be compatible. I've read a few accounts of vests over heating due to using non compatible batteries.

26-Nov-21
Jaquomo, The 10,000 mah are all I use. They work fine. I have a bunch so will carry a couple extra batteries when it's really cold or windy. I even have a 20,000 mah, it's a little bulky so seldom use it.

One thing I have not seen mentioned, vests come in 7.4 v and 5.0 v. I prefer the 5 v , I can recharge a Kindle, cell phone , tablet or laptop with one.

26-Nov-21
I may have one battery that is same brand as vest, maybe. As long as battery is proper voltage I see no problem mixing brands.

26-Nov-21
My cousin swears by his Milwaukee (as in the tool company) vest with a min of 2 batts per all-day sit.

27-Nov-21
Thanks, bluedog. Going to try it on my Pneuma. If you guys don't hear back you can assume I got fried!

28-Nov-21
Pauma Wear against skin. 3 1/2 hrs on medium. Use it for treestand, goose blind, ice fishing, skiing. Extra battery. 3+ years and going strong

28-Nov-21
Mine is Gerbing Gyde works ;went out this morning at 13F and still warm.Need to buy a second battery.Nice and flat.Off Amazon.

• Sitka Gear