jingalls 14-Oct-20
Jack Harris 14-Oct-20
ARROWONEPY 14-Oct-20
jingalls 14-Oct-20
drycreek 14-Oct-20
Two Feathers 14-Oct-20
Boone 14-Oct-20
07-Oct-20
Has anyone had success using the Ozonics scent system?

07-Oct-20
In a permanent blind its a no brainer. We've been using the combination for years and sit any night we want no matter the wind condition. Sometimes I have 15 deer down wind of me, some less than 5 yards away. It most definitely works.

07-Oct-20
I think it helps

07-Oct-20
Yes. The clincher for me (the first year I gave it an honest try) was this: I had a hog and a coyote walk under me, not at the same time of course. Both came from behind, neither had any idea I was there. Both died.

07-Oct-20
I’ve never tried it but there is no way it works and if it does it’s unethical! I thought I would be the first to say it...

07-Oct-20
Will it work if you're in the open air...like in a treestand?

07-Oct-20
My experiences and those of my hunting partner have been positive both in a treestand and groundblind.

07-Oct-20
It works but clumsy now I use the nose blocker

07-Oct-20
I’ve used it in a ground blind.

The real test though was in the bathroom!! Ran it at my office to see how effective it is and I can say it works for sure :)

08-Oct-20
yes

08-Oct-20
It works as well as my HECS suit.

08-Oct-20
On an Alaskan grizzly hunt, I sat in a Tent type blind along a salmon stream for five days. Had two Ozonics running, 24/7 Two different grizzly bears were walking along the salmon stream toward the blind. Both bears stopped at about 50-75 yards, hesitated for a few seconds, then turned 180 degrees and left. Did they smell me, I don’t know.

08-Oct-20
LMAO

09-Oct-20
DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK YOU CAN OUT SMART A DEERS NOSE??

11-Oct-20
The question should be can you out smart a deer's nose long enough? The answer is yes.

11-Oct-20
"DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK YOU CAN OUT SMART A DEERS NOSE??"

The answer to that is, YES. Not all the time and probably not even more than 30% of the time. If you can fool one out of three, that could be the difference between killing a 130's buck and a 160's buck.

Many people question the ethics of it. I question the ethics as well but I have used them. We all have to look at what is legal and where we draw the line on fair chase.

Back to the original question. The technology does work but has it's flaws.

11-Oct-20
If ethics is in question stop wearing camo, using tree stands, scent killers, doe pee, and a plethora of other things deer hunters use. Break out your loincloth and your stone axe.

12-Oct-20
I'd never use one just based on the idea that ozone is a pollutant for a reason. Same reason I don't smoke a tobacco pipe anymore. I liked doing it, but my lungs are valuable to me and ozone exposure has definitely been shown in scores of studies to be bad for your lungs - especially if you have asthma or COPD.

Even if I 100% knew they worked, I still wouldn't use one just based on ozone being detrimental to your health. I value my lungs and my health more than killing white tail, which can still be done without ozonics.

12-Oct-20
I’ve had good results with Zero Trace which is a cheaper option that uses pure ion. They say it safer compared to Ozonics.

Idyll: What say you about Pure Ion versus Ozonics?

12-Oct-20
Do you suppose the Native American Indians used any tricks to take game? Trap animals using a lure scent? Make fire with a stone or wooden sticks? Make broadheads with flint? Just new tricks they are. We are still out there one on one trying to play an age old game that no one plays like the old age hunters did. The less than .01% of us that make their own clothes, arrows, bows and knives enjoy the challenge and I do tip my hat to them. I'm just too busy in my hat making a living to make ends meet to devote the time and effort to live the life of a true hunter like the natives were. None of the tricks guarantee success but they help.

12-Oct-20
"I’ve never tried it but there is no way it works and if it does it’s unethical!" Says the guy who sells baited hunts... Never tried it but sure it won't work.....

Classic! Where is Thornton when we need him!

12-Oct-20
'd never use one just based on the idea that ozone is a pollutant for a reason. Same reason I don't smoke a tobacco pipe anymore. I liked doing it, but my lungs are valuable to me and ozone exposure has definitely been shown in scores of studies to be bad for your lungs - especially if you have asthma or COPD. Even if I 100% knew they worked, I still wouldn't use one just based on ozone being detrimental to your health. I value my lungs and my health more than killing white tail, which can still be done without ozonics.

I have asthma, don't bother me but I don't inhale...

13-Oct-20
At what point do we say "no" to some of this crap? Do we want to hunt...or do we just want to kill shit. There is a difference.

14-Oct-20
I take proper showers with top of the line soap for deer hunters, wash clothing scent free, subject clothing to ozone bag before hunts. Have wonderful collection of scent lok and scent blocker clothing. They still wind me when they get downwind. Blind or stand. Some days you can be in a stand when scent is rising and be completely scent free no way they can smell you no matter what. Those days are rare.

I submit to y'all - forget ozonics, but if there was a magic "pill" or anything that was simple, cheap and 100% effective that would put you inside a scent free bubble making you 100% odorless to any big game (thus taking away their #1 defense system), would you do it? I mean we all try our best, but if the wind truly no longer mattered at all, is hunting still a challenge?

Is it REALLY that hard to stay motionless, be camoflaged, or draw on an animal once you get the hang of it? No - not really. That is the easiest part of our "game".

The hardest part is fooling their nose. Take that away, then what are we doing here? How would any big game animal ever reach maturity, if we were all completely and truly scent free - guaranteed?

Forget fair chase, ethics, etc... I ask you - would it still be a challenge? Fun? Would you feel some sense of accomplishment if this magic pill or device truly existed and we all had it????

14-Oct-20
This is in response to Jack’s above post.

No offense Jack, but yes! Yes, because it is not easy!!! It is the greatest challenge in the whitetail woods! If you beat a whitetail at his own game you have won. I get more of a kick out of staying undetected. Than shooting a buck or a doe. I rarely shoot a buck off of my property. I take a lot of pictures as they come in. It has easily been 10 years since I’ve had a deer blow at me from down wind and freak out. It just doesn’t happen anymore!

If you think your going to buy an Ozonics and continue to hunt sloppily and it’s going to cover your scent... You are WRONG! It is a tool to use just like all our tools. Camouflage, elevated stands, ground blinds, scent free soap, odor eliminators, attraction scents, game cameras, compound bows and on and on. Those are all tools to help us get closer and more efficient at taking game. I laugh when guys come on here and start spewing ethics. If your hunting in an animal skin, with a self made bow, arrows and flint heads? Then you can get on your high horse. Otherwise, save your breath. Your just another hypocrite telling everyone else they have to hunt like you.

My guess Jack, and it’s only a guess. Is that the washer and dryer your using is the same washer and dryer that you use to wash all your daily laundry. And your using fragranced laundry soap that also contain brighteners for your daily laundry. That will not work if you want to fool a deers nose.

I have learned a lot through trial and error and watching the deer. I have many guys that have killed a lot of big deer share information on being scent free and have read a lot about the subject. silverpigeon if you would like more information send me a PM.

14-Oct-20
hahaha - Jingalls, I use scent free tide pods all year long! And as I mentioned, I put all my clothes in an ozone bag for 25-30 minutes prior to each hunt. And use the top of line scent spray prior to hunt, etc. As a living animal, I have to breath, and that scent goes into the atmosphere. The minute I stop showering and dry off, my internal, animal scent is emanating from my pores. Yes I am being very hypocritical because I do more than most to be scent free - (short of an ozonics), and I just do not think it's possible.

My point simply was - if it ever became that "easy" and truly possible, all you have to do is fool the rest of their senses which is easy compared to fooling their nose. I still base every deer hunt on what the wind is doing and choose my spot accordingly because I am am 100% confident they will smell me if they get downwind of me. Maybe best I can do is reduce "some" odor so I am less offensive but history shows me that my particular stank is extra offensive to deer.

14-Oct-20
I have 2 of them

14-Oct-20
So do I ARROW.

You are correct Jack. You must use the wind as well as everything else. It goes well beyond using Tide free all year long. That is on piece of the puzzle. It takes menu pieces to achieve it. To keep deer from blowing and clearing your field and ending your hunt just as you hit prime time. MANY steps, and all year long. And it is not EASY as you say. Nor cheap!

14-Oct-20
Jack, as far as any animal reaching maturity, that comes under individual choice. I let multiple 120” to 130” bucks pass every year on one place I hunt, simply because we aren’t supposed to shoot deer less than 5 years old. I’m a guest and follow the rules. On my 80 acres behind my house, if he’s 3 and 13” inside I’m gonna eat him, again following the rules. The width is a state rule, but the age is my rule. We only shoot one buck a year on my place between me and my son, again, my rules. I use Ozonics almost every time I hunt simply because it helps. As you said, it’s not foolproof, but it works, but it hasn’t caused me to slaughter all the deer yet. :-)

14-Oct-20
Ya but, you'll die from the harmful O3.

14-Oct-20

Boone's embedded Photo
Boone's embedded Photo
I just read every comment on here and thought of this quote right away. Do I use ozonics no do I wish I could yes just cant justify spending that amount of money on a unit. I say take every advantage you can with you to the field

• Sitka Gear