Trial153 09-Oct-20
bowonly 09-Oct-20
Rackmastr 12-Oct-20
WapitiBob 12-Oct-20
Rackmastr 12-Oct-20
bowbender77 15-Oct-20
WapitiBob 15-Oct-20
08-Oct-20
It has been a long time since I subscribed to the magazine. Thought it was probably better to do more of my own research and stop following the herd. I was thinking of resubscribing, kind of miss it. Is Garth Carter still a part of it? Last time I got the yearly subscription it was $100.00. How much is it now? All opinions welcome. Tim

08-Oct-20
It's been under new owners for a few years. Fee is 36.00 a year, for digital-only. I just re-upped mine. Being a subscriber doesn't mean you apply only for their top unit picks. I treat HF as just one more source of information.

08-Oct-20
Garth has been out of it for several years now. The new CEO is Jerrod Lile, who worked for Dan Evans at Trophy Taker for quite a while. Jerrod, and most of the newer crew are pretty good at what they do. The magazine format really hasn't changed much but the hunting consultants, which is the only reason I still subscribe, are much better in my eyes.

08-Oct-20
format, format, content level has changed alot, now include eastern states, lesser known western states and species, foreign hunts, do more mid-tier hunt spotlighting. and constant raffle hunts promotions up the wazoo.

they are spreading there large client base applications beyond there top picks as are other hunting consultants, causing more units to suffer from point creep.

08-Oct-20
The member data base alone has been worth it for me. Have met a lot of good people that have not steered me wrong with advice on hunts

08-Oct-20
The Carters sold huntn fool and started Epic Outdoors

08-Oct-20
Thanks everyone, appreciate the input. I liked the huntin fool for a lot of the reasons listed above as well. Think I’m going to reup that subscription.

09-Oct-20
I ditched HF because they exculded NY residents from their raffles and give aways. They always claimed NYS regulations prevented them from including them, however that isnt the case. They just needed to register with the state, something that is easerly and wild done by others other companies and orgainzations. I cant say I have missed HF in the least.

09-Oct-20
One of the reasons I quit subscribing was their lack of information on bow hunting. The philosophy back then was emphasizing drawing the best tags for trophy game, regardless of the weapon used. They advocated putting in for whatever was the best tag, then taking up that weapon to participate in that hunt, if need be. So, if you were a rifle hunter, if you drew a great bow tag, go buy a bow. Or vice versa.

That approach works great if you enjoy hunting with a variety of weapons. Not very well if you only hunt with a bow. Just in case somebody insists on getting their panties in a bind, if a hunter choses to hunt with a variety of weapons, that is just fine. Hunting is all about personal choice. My point is Huntin' Fool, as I recall, used to have that as a stated philosophy. I would be interested in hearing if that has changed.

12-Oct-20
I considered subscribing only for a year just to see what they recommend as their top Wyoming pronghorn units for max-points or near max points holders.

So many options out there these days it seems!

12-Oct-20
The odds reports will show you the top units. You can also subscribe to epic for a month.

12-Oct-20
Ya, I pretty much have a grasp on the top 6-8 units from drawing odds and previous Eastman repots, etc. Always just curious if any of these services provide a bit more insight to the zones or 'why' etc.

Pretty much seems like Red Desert units or up in 114. Wife has a boatload of points so hopefully draw next year. Regardless it will be fun! I'll have to look at Epic as well

15-Oct-20
Huntin Fool.....Wanna buy a raffle ticket ?

15-Oct-20
Great unit, 80" possible, scout hard.

• Sitka Gear