goelk 08-Oct-20
Ambush 08-Oct-20
c3 09-Oct-20
c3 09-Oct-20
Woods Walker 10-Oct-20
Woods Walker 10-Oct-20
t-roy 10-Oct-20
08-Oct-20
Looking for some feed back on bear fence. I'm planning a backcountry hunt and I'm almost totally deaf. It would make my wife happier and me too

08-Oct-20
We used the UDAP fence in Ak. Pretty sure you could just use a portable electric horse fence.

08-Oct-20

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo

Nick Muche's Link
UDAP is pretty nice and it's about 3lbs. They work too, at least the few times I've heard "contact" at night.

08-Oct-20
I have used the UDAP electric fence, and this year added 2 tripwires tied to shotshell primers. I wanted to know they were coming and what direction to look after jumping out of the tent. It did allow me to relax a little as the babbles from the brook usually play tricks with me. Ps, I set it off more than any bears this year.

08-Oct-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
You can put one together yourself quite a bit cheaper than the UDAP kit. Speedrite makes a couple of smaller fencers for around $80. The other stuff can be gotten at most any farm supply stores.

08-Oct-20
A bear can reach that far Troy. And if you get up to pee at night??

08-Oct-20
It was a little further away from the tent than it looks, Chuck, but definitely wouldn’t have hurt to be a bit further away. Also, that’s the back of the tent. The fence in the front was about 15’ away. I used a Gatorade bottle at night.

08-Oct-20
Thanks guys! Appreciated

08-Oct-20
I have used a Udap for quite a few years. But when space allows, I use the fibreglass fencing poles from a farm supply for the extra strength.

The one I have does a twenty seven foot square and I have hundred foot roll of extra wire.

09-Oct-20

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
Used the Udap all year in Wyoming. Never had critter touch it though, so not so sure how well it works. Gives peace of mind for sure !!!

Cheers, Pete

09-Oct-20

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
Even works with a giant Springbar when extended out all the way to 25-27 or whatever feet square !!! Cheers, Pete

10-Oct-20
If you were in Illinois, just put up goal posts. Our Bears can't get anywhere near them! ;-)

10-Oct-20

10-Oct-20
Scoot...I always set mine under my buddy’s cot... It’s worked well, so far.

WW........ you’ll know when they’re close. You will hear a double doink.

• Sitka Gear