Buffalo1 16-Oct-20
ahunter76 17-Oct-20
INbowdude 18-Oct-20
White Falcon 18-Oct-20
foxwillkill 19-Oct-20
The Yode 23-Oct-20
10-Oct-20
5:05 PM LIVE from Ok*
It’s the 14th annual Porkapalooza on a special fall addition. 9 hunters and 2 adopted cheeeseheads have graced the Shiloh Ranch. Boothill, Hunt4life, Skeptic, and a few more are out and about the Oklahoma woods. Acorns are falling and it is mighty dry. Walking in I jumped. 2 different groups of very nice hogs. I am sitting near some red oaks with nuts falling all around me. Not near a feeder so we will see if the gamble pays off. Stay tuned.

10-Oct-20
8 hogs run south of me about 75 yards. 1 hog winds me to the north and takes off running. Very dry here. Word that Hunt4life has scored on a hog already. And killed a nice one too.

10-Oct-20

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Mike Baughman’s hog.

10-Oct-20
Nice! Looks like he made a good shot on it.

10-Oct-20
Good luck guys !

11-Oct-20
Morning hunt. Guys are on stands and on the ground. I’m at 8. Feeder goes off and hogs going away. Clearly the acorns taste better.

11-Oct-20
We need the hanging wet hog photo soon. Good luck

11-Oct-20
Put on your Hamicus nose and decoy one in.

11-Oct-20
Terrible reception. Sorry. I shot 2 hogs. Yode killed a hog. Kory killed a hog.

12-Oct-20
Cheeseheads? They sound fun!

Hope your hunt wraps up well today guys.

15-Oct-20

Cheeseheads!
Cheeseheads!
Kory Brink
Kory Brink
My apologies for not doing better but my phone was not connecting well. The hunt started on a Saturday Night 10/10 where we shared came with Sam and Travis Frost (both of which killed their first hogs) and were adopted as honorary Porkettes. Mike "Hunt4life" Baughman was the first to get a hog spot-and-stalk. Brian "Boothill" Tabor also shot a nice hog at stand 8. First night was in the book.

15-Oct-20
Sunday morning, 10/11 saw the crew out and at it. The wind was strong and swirling out of the north most of the time. The acorns "akerns" were falling like rain and the hogs were definitly not hitting the feeders. Jim Bouma went after a ram and took a nice one. Samantha "Sam" Frost killed her first hog as well.

15-Oct-20

Ken Yoder with his hog.
Ken Yoder with his hog.
Sunday lunch was provided by Jon and Linda Holmes, owners of Shiloh Ranch. What a great plus to the hunt and we all ate more pulled pork than we should. Fighting off the need to sleep off a great lunch, some of us headed out to chase the hogs. I headed out to stand 8 and then moved down to the creek. Found some hogs in the creek bottom and got within range and took the first one that went broadside. A nice brown hog. Pig ran 80 yards and piled up from the 18 yard shot. Started to track the pig and see id down and dead. Just then a couple of hogs cruise by and drop into another section of the creek. Stalk on and another 18 yardish shot on another brown hog. 60 yards later I'm standing over a nice 123 pound boar. Time to drag x2. Ken "Yode"Yoder also kills a nice hog near the creek around stand 5A. Kory Brink also kills a hog as well.

15-Oct-20

15-Oct-20

The annual group picture.

15-Oct-20

12/12 Monday morning and everybody is out and in hunt mode. Kory Brink and Travis Snyder both killed hogs this morning.

15-Oct-20

10/12 lunch was a special crappie fish fry by Les and April Frodshman. Again, I slipped out after a fantastic lunch that was just superb. I decided to hunt away from the creek as there had been a bunch of action and the pigs were probably going to find those out of the way places. I conferred with Jon and Les and decided to hunt near 1A. It turned out to be a good choice. I saw hogs almost constantly and had several stalks. A crow caught my attention and I just had to investigate. I moved up to a mud hole and as I was glassing the hills, a huge hog bolted out of the mud. I followed it's escape and then spied a big brown hog sleeping near a log. Stalk on! This pig let me get about 20 yards away before it rose. I drew but couldn't shoot because of brush so I dropped to a knee and laced the big boar. 190 pounder.

15-Oct-20

Steve-Jon Hellbender, shot a great 175 pounder that night as well.

15-Oct-20

(l-R) Hamicus Procurus, Jon and Linda Holmes.
(l-R) Hamicus Procurus, Jon and Linda Holmes.
New owners means a new placque.

16-Oct-20
Inspite of the challenges of the "akerns," it looked like an enjoyable hunt with taking some nice hogs. Congrats to all.

17-Oct-20
Awesome. Several of these fellas I have shared pig chasing with. Kory, Yode, Mike, Travis, Jim B.. I know "that" had to be a great fun time with these guys in camp. Did you keep the knives away from Yode? Congratulations to all & the new owners for a great operation. Looking forward to being there with my Son & his friends in Jan..

18-Oct-20
Yep, Yode was not allowed to hold a metal knife, only a plastic one and under adult supervision.

18-Oct-20
Looks like you-all had a great time!!

19-Oct-20
Looks like it was a great time. Congrats to each of you. Thanks for keep us posted. Next best thing to being there.

23-Oct-20
MAN, you guys NEVER forget! It only took 3 staples after all... Pork 14 was a great time as usual. Jon and Linda have really done a great job taking over for Matt and Cheryl (with the help of Les). Lots of hogs running around! I had 15-20 hogs within 10-20 yards several times but there were too many eyes and I couldn't draw. Saw multiple hogs every time out.

My hog (150 lbs.) was sleeping near the creek bottom and only offered me a shish cabob shot. Not a shot I would normally take, but it was sleeping which gave me plenty of time to evaluate and select my shot. Went in just in front of hind quarter and stopped at the opposite front shoulder. Only made it about 40 yards.

You can't go wrong hunting at Shiloh!!!

• Sitka Gear