t-roy 10-Oct-20
TD 10-Oct-20
Steve H. 10-Oct-20
Woods Walker 10-Oct-20
Bob H in NH 10-Oct-20
JohnMC 10-Oct-20
cnelk 11-Oct-20
10-Oct-20
Has anyone flown with a treestand as checked luggage?

I need to get my climbing stand from NH to WY and will be flying in another week, anyone done this?

10-Oct-20
Can you ship it ahead?

10-Oct-20
I would think it would be cheaper to buy one there than the extra luggage fee. However if you happen to be flying into Denver. You would drive with in 15 mins of me on way to Cheyenne I would be willing to loan you my Lone Wolf Climber for your hunt.

10-Oct-20
It would probably be easier to buy a new one there. Maybe buy online and have it delivered to your hotel, outfitter, or wherever. Maybe hold one for in store pick up.

10-Oct-20
I bet if you box it up you can. Make sure everything inside is secure/taped up so there are no loose parts to grab. A friend of mine comes to WI from AK and sometimes checks just a box as luggage. The box most likely will be damaged. But I don't see how they could hurt the stand.

I checked a set of Caribou antlers. I put a hockey stick between the beams and boxed the points. Came through perfect.

BUT that was a few years ago. Call the airline. I bet in today's world they would do the best they can to accommodate you.

10-Oct-20
JohnMC thats a great offer. However, I live in WY now, left the stand in NH, but now need it. I found a great public spot but have to remove stands each night. When we moved we brought 2 stands and 2 sets of climbing sticks. Unfortunately neither stand is light. We went comfort over ease to hang

10-Oct-20
When will you change your handle?

10-Oct-20
Congrats on the move! Jealous in pa

10-Oct-20
Maybe “NH”stands for “New Habitat” !

I wouldn’t think it would be much of an issue checking as an extra bag. Like Buck Watcher stated, I would doubt they could do much damage to it.

10-Oct-20
Saddle up baby...... flown with mine a couple times..... prolly wear it on the plane if you didn't want luggage fees. Just tell em it was a parachute harness.... =D

10-Oct-20
Where you at Bob, Buffalo? I was just there a couple days ago. I have some hang-ons but no climbers.

10-Oct-20
OOPS! I thought this thread was about the old Baker climbing stands. I knew several people who went "flying" with them!

10-Oct-20
Steve, yup we live in Buffalo

Flying to NH in 2 weeks to visit grandson, will try to get it back with us

10-Oct-20
Sell it on Craigslist when your back. I bet if you put that money plus oversized luggage charge with it you can buy a new one and have money left in your pocket.

11-Oct-20
As cheap as it is to fly, buy that thing a seat and sit next to it

• Sitka Gear