4nolz@work 12-Oct-20
Pete-pec 13-Oct-20
wkochevar 13-Oct-20
Pete-pec 13-Oct-20
Rut Nut 13-Oct-20
IdyllwildArcher 13-Oct-20
Guardian hunter 14-Oct-20
11-Oct-20
Just a heads up if you are heading to Southern Iowa zones 4 and 5. There is a huge ongoing theft ring right now. Day and night they are taking anything that isn't nailed down. They have been caught on security cams in broad daylight but wearing mask and flipping off the cams. All the locals I have been talking to this weekend are pissed and suspicious of everything. So be patient with the locals.

11-Oct-20
How big of an area are you talking about, scrappy? What communities is this crap near?

11-Oct-20
Thier was a post somewhere- maybe heat about a trailer full of quads getting stolen in council bluffs

11-Oct-20
I believe the thread talking about the trailer full of quads, is under " stolen atvs"

11-Oct-20
Council Bluffs is in zone three. Zones 4-5 are east of there. Not to say they couldn’t be related.

12-Oct-20
Do any of the thieves appear to be armed in the photos?

12-Oct-20
The farmer that told me they had been caught on camera didn't mention any weapons Flatlander but I didn't ask either.

Hate to say it but thieves are so hard to catch if they have any organization skills at all which this group seems to have. There is no way these guys are hoking the stolen goods locally. Its just to rural.

Make sure you have insurance and a good inventory of your gear.

12-Oct-20
Good advice Scrappy

12-Oct-20
What town was the farmer from?

13-Oct-20
Sorry to say it, but it's surely not a zone 4 or 5 thing, or an Iowa thing. It's a national thing. Thieves are everywhere! I shake my head at people who continually put decals on their trucks. The need to advertise for a hunting brand is ridiculous. You get nothing in return, except the admiration from some other dork that you are hunting with brand X, and you are truly advertising to would be thieves, there is gear worth looking at within your trucks. Locks deter honest people, and to thieves, you are purely suggesting you expect it to get stolen, now all you need, is to get past a lock. I have a "master key" (bolt cutter) that can get past any lock you have. Now that doesn't mean I'd use it for that, but a thief will steal one from a store, and get past anything you've got. There are two types of people in this world. Those who work for what they've got, and those who steal what you've worked so hard for. They seem to rationalize their thievery by saying to themselves, that this guy can afford it, and I gotta get mine!? These dirtbags are as brazen can be, and will steal in broad daylight.

13-Oct-20
Pete, your last statements sounds like your describing our left- leaning politicians... Just sayin'

13-Oct-20
Wkochevar, no doubt middle America gets a hosing!

13-Oct-20
When my father-in-law still had his vacation home and 100 acres, his nephew who was a State Trooper would stay there overnight between shifts sometimes. One day when he was getting off duty he returned to find the house had been burglarized. In the time it took to go back to the barracks and fill out the report, they actually went back for another load. They even took some of the furniture. They were eventually caught, primarily because they bragged that they had ripped off a State Trooper!

13-Oct-20
Anyone who's been stolen from knows how infuriating it is - it makes your blood boil. I hate thieves. I can see why ancient civilizations cut off people's hands for stealing. It's a very heavy-handed punishment and doesn't have a place in today's society, but if you've been stolen from, taking a sword to someone's hand is an appealing thought while your blood is boiling.

14-Oct-20
we were ripped off for over $18,000 worth of tools and hunting equipment 2 years ago. It's still a pit in my stomach. Take the extra time and protect what you own.

• Sitka Gear