Native Okie 11-Oct-20
Native Okie 11-Oct-20
kota-man 11-Oct-20
Bowfinatic 11-Oct-20
Milhouse 12-Oct-20
Knife2sharp 12-Oct-20
Knife2sharp 12-Oct-20
11-Oct-20
Has anyone tried or had success with the SpyPoint Cell Link?

11-Oct-20
Has anyone tried or had success with the SpyPoint Cell Link?

11-Oct-20
I know of two people that have tried it unsuccessfully.

11-Oct-20
Yes I have a couple Works well

12-Oct-20
I have one....i haven't got it to work. I'm using it with a pretty decent Browning camera. I have several other Spypoints, and they all have worked well for me, but the cell link has so far been a disappointment.

12-Oct-20
I have three, all three Nationwide. They have been working just as good as my two Micro Link S LTEs, which I have one Verizon and one Nationwide. They're all in the same general area and there's been times when the Cell-Links report 50% signal, when the other Micro Link shows 90-100%. For the last week or so they've been consistently solid. Occasionally, one will show 25% (red), but it recovers before the next transmission.

My Cell-Links are being used in two Truth cams and one Spypoint Solar Dark. They do recommend setting the cam to 30sec or 1min intervals, but I have the Truth cams set to 10 secs and the Solar Dark to instant. You want to set your cam to low resolution and make sure the micro SD card is a Class 10, not a Class 4. My Cell-Links were working before installing the firmware update, but I went ahead and updated them anyways. You also want to do a full format on the card, even if it's new, and I make sure to always fully format a card before inserting it. You can do the full format, then install the files for the update. Make sure to a full format of the SD card dongle as well.

Lastly, turn the Cell-Link on first and wait until it goes through the signal search and the light goes off, then turn on your trail cam.

12-Oct-20
Should also note, I've had them out since the end of August and each have taken several hundred photos. I have lithium batteries in them and they're still showing 100%. I did have them set to transmit twice a day, 6am and 6pm. On Friday, since I was hunting through the weekend, I set them to 12 times a day.

Ironically I shot a buck Friday evening. My Cell-Link showed he was in an island of woods where we have a pond, Wednesday early afternoon, and again at 6pm, walking by the cam to exit the woods to enter a picked bean field. I didn't get any photos of him Thursday or Friday morning, but the cam was still set to transmit twice a day. I decided to hunt that stand Friday evening, since the wind was right, and at 6pm I got a photo sent, showing he was at the pond at 12:30pm. I had a feeling he was in there, and he did step out at 6:30pm. I even got two pics of him going by the cam again after I shot and he took the same trail back into the island of woods.

• Sitka Gear