milnrick 12-Oct-20
Empty Freezer 12-Oct-20
Grey Ghost 13-Oct-20
APauls 14-Oct-20
stagetek 14-Oct-20
sticksender 14-Oct-20
PECO 14-Oct-20
11-Oct-20
I kinda thought hunting behind a horse or making a cardboard cow to get behind was stupid until I seen it worked. I don't mind the gals hunting. However IMO it would be misleading to say the eye candy angle wasn't a factor. I will say one gal I like is Kristy Titus. If you check out her Youtube vids, she is pretty knowledgeable about many aspects of hunting, scouting, gear, etc.

12-Oct-20
I think the guy behind the scare crow was the Buspice kid. Titus was in a camp with some friends of mine a few years ago; hard pass.

12-Oct-20
Buspice is a joke "Big Bill" lost their show because of violations now the "love or likes" show is a joke.Its all fenced hunts in Louisiana.Any product from Wildgame Innovations is junk.

12-Oct-20
The younger generation has not turned hunting into a joke. Hunting is not a joke and neither are the generations that came after yours (good example is how those two generations you disparage won two wars simultaneously with an all-volunteer force and your generation lost your war and created hippies. If you fought in Vietnam or served, I'm sorry for being disrespectful, but I still want to point out that you are wrong).

There have always been simple-minded slob red necks that shoot street signs and don't present hunting in a positive light. It's just that now they can make TV shows and advertise their ridiculousness on social media. Blame the individuals and the culture of slobbishness, but please don't paint all of us with the same brush.

12-Oct-20
Yes, yes it can get more stupid.

Here’s multiple examples: there could be a huge, well funded push to put wolves in Colorado. And hunters can be up in arms about somebody using a scarecrow instead of the wolves.

There could be a billionaire who donated large sums of money to hunt in Arizona. One of very very very few billionaires in our corner, and he gets roasted for this by hunters across the board.

There could be hunters who spend more time fighting about mechanicals instead of fighting more legislation that goes against us.

Here’s a few examples. Please, add more!!

12-Oct-20
Jeff, well said my friend. We see only a fraction of how bad it can get everyday right here at the good old Bowsite.

12-Oct-20
What's the big deal? TV's have an ON/OFF button. Mine is OFF most of the time!

12-Oct-20
Was it a scary "Jeepers Creepers" scarecrow or a silly "Wizard of Oz" scarecrow?

12-Oct-20
Jacky B. is a real piece of work. Most of them are.

12-Oct-20
My TV has been off when it comes to hunting shows having experienced some very unethical "show" outfits in the caribou camps of QC. My daughter was anti-hunting growing up but married a hunter...now a very serious bow gal who has taken some decent deer and who has actually 'guided' 3 of her personal friends to such here in OK. Has now moved back to NY. Sadly, here in OK the news media just ran a series of clips showing the vandalism that has been done by high powered rifles to some public shooting ranges. Do not understand the slobs who fancy themselves hunters.

12-Oct-20
Thier are some very good shows I encourage you to try out. Nate Simmons on western Hunter is top end. Into high country is great too. My 16 year old does some self filming of his goose and duck hunts and tinkers with it in the treestand. His friend group condemns the fist pumping wackem and Stackem stuff and really enjoys just getting out. Especially with the covid crap. The outdoors is about the only way now they can socially interact without being told how to act by society

12-Oct-20
" your generation lost your war "

It wasn't the soldiers who lost the war.

12-Oct-20
I held my tounge on that comment, I almost exploded, the most disrespectful ignorant comment I ever read on this site,

12-Oct-20
It's entertainment folks. They're on a there to sell products... it still better than Dancing with the Stars.lol

12-Oct-20
Never let the lowest common denominator define the norm nor should you build your strategy around it.

12-Oct-20
Lost interest in hunting shows long ago. I found myself going right past the hunting channels without even checking to see what they were doing. No worries if a person finds them entertaining, we all have different tastes.

Anti's? I think social media is our biggest threat for gaining support against trophy hunting and killing bambi. Hunter recruitment? I think forums are awfully hard on newbs. Some kid joins a forum to asks some innocent questions and he gets flamed for using the wrong weapon or methods, or he simply lurks and watches hunters flame each other and then steps away. Doesn't take long for that to be a turnoff, especially if that person doesn't have family or friends introducing him to the outdoors.

12-Oct-20
Well said Dconcrete. Idyllwildarcher your comment is not only disrespectful but it's ridiculous. I understand the point you were trying to make, but you lost out on the meaning behind it. You know as well as I that the men who lost that war were probably those that fought in the aforementioned wars, but controlled the war you spoke about from a cushy office. It was not the soldiers fighting it that lost that war.

12-Oct-20
I tend to agree with most of the comments made thus far on this thread. It's entertainment, some quite funny, some even serious, but it's entertainment just the same.

That said, the comments about fighting, winning and losing wars is pretty much out-of-bounds. Having served from '72-'97 (to be clear, I was a draftee, who later volunteered again and again) I feel qualified to speak out, just a bit.

The military is a tool used to support and defend the nation and constitution against all enemies (foreign and domestic). Their training and equipment is designed to MAKE NOISE and BREAK THINGS - something they do better than anyone. When you release the military in that manner, with a clear purpose and objective, things happen to the BAD GUYS. When politicians sit back and call the plays (think the Johnson and Nixon administrations in Vietnam) the outcome isn't that positive.

Rant over - I've said my piece.

12-Oct-20
Why try and sit through Bushman when YouTube is out there.

12-Oct-20
I used to do some filming for shows. I haven't watched anything other than a scene or two of hunting shows in years. Actually don't watch TV much anymore.

12-Oct-20
Hunting makes a very poor spectator sport. I always question whether these guys (anyone who films hunts) is a hunter, or a wannabe movie star. The hunters I respect don't do it for public adoration.

12-Oct-20
Yes, hunting can get more stupid. We have been on that decline for a couple of decades now, and it will continue. Hunters and sponsors feed the decline with their money, that is how producers make some profit. Ultimately, the hunters who reach into their wallets and personal time to support the trends are the one's to blame.

12-Oct-20
Kodiak x2. Youtube killed TV.

12-Oct-20
Question to IdyllwildArcher! Have you ever served in the U.S.A.'s armed forces????????????????? From a Vet.

12-Oct-20
X2 Will Tell. I don't watch much TV anymore, but I still watch the shows here and there. I look at it as pure entertainment, at least most of the whitetail hunts from food plots and blinds where they are fumbling to open windows to get a shot. I shake my head, but then again, just turn off if I had enough. I don't necessarily think its good for the sport, and that type of hunting is not necessarily for me, but to each his own.

I also use it as a learning tool for my son to show him shot scenarios and selection. It also allows me to teach him that the fork horn on state land that he had to work his butt off to get and drag out means so much more than any 160 class buck named Hightower or Skyscraper that a little snot-nosed kid shot his first time out sitting in a tower over corn.

12-Oct-20
I enjoy Fred Eichler for sure and most Bowhunter shows.

12-Oct-20
Just watched Jim Shockey find a half dozen perfect stone arrow heads in california in what looked like a very small area like it was nothing...Really? Can someone fill me in on the difficulty in finding arrow heads.

12-Oct-20
“It also allows me to teach him that the fork horn on state land that he had to work his butt off to get and drag out means so much more than any 160 class buck named Hightower or Skyscraper that a little snot-nosed kid shot his first time out sitting in a tower over corn.”

Yup. Little League Father Syndrome with weapons. What could possibly go wrong??

12-Oct-20
Totally agree GF

12-Oct-20
You guys still have TV? Who watches TV anymore? What a slobby lazy generation!

The slobby/lazy part is tongue in cheek. . . but Seriously, you guys still pay for DISH or DirectTV? What a waste of $140 a month!

12-Oct-20
I watch TV, and I'm part of the damned younger generation, and I don't do social media (except Bowsite if it qualifies). We pay for TV because for the time being that is probably the cheapest option, as we don't have fiber running anywhere close to home. We are looking for a service that would be cheaper for internet/viewing, but have been reluctant to jump on any of the available options for various reasons. You're right though, for the most part its a waste of money.

12-Oct-20
IdyllwildArcher, not cool to reference men and women in uniform the way you did. You might want to think about what you said and what you say next...

12-Oct-20
"Can it Get Anymore Stupid"

I believe that statement is chiseled out in Greek on the Parthenon....... digitizing has not lost the sentiment, answer, nor the logic to the question.... likely be the same when we see it in holograms through our brain implants.....

12-Oct-20
I prefer the YouTube explosion of hunting videos. At least I don’t get 25 minutes of advertising in a 30 minute show :)

12-Oct-20
I don't watch the hunting shows any more. I have see the guys see a deer and throw his binoculars up to his face to check it out. Their deer must be tame. If you threw your binoculars up to your face around the deer in my part the only thing you would see in your binoculars is a white tail. It is hard enough to get your bow in shooting position without getting spotted.

12-Oct-20
I apologize to everyone who was offended.

I didn't mean to insinuate in any way, shape, or form, that the fighting men and women were the ones that lost the war, but rather, the "generation," due to loss of support.

My point is that I'm tired of Baby-Boomers disparaging my generation and the one after mine when there is plenty of crap that came out of that generation, which I listed.

I'm sorry for the offense and for the poor wording. I have absolute respect for all US military forces.

12-Oct-20
Your generation are pussies, Idyl. Accept it. ;-).

Matt

12-Oct-20
I accept that some individuals in my generation are pussies, just as is the case in all generations.

Matt, lets go sheep hunting; I'll carry your tent for you ;)

12-Oct-20
Your generation are pussies, Idyl. Accept it. ;-). Grant

12-Oct-20
Ike,

He latches his tent to his ebike, like a real man;-)

12-Oct-20
Real men don't use tents, e-bikes or buy Starbucks foo foo beverages .....:-)

12-Oct-20
I guess real men liked to get rained on...

12-Oct-20
No ebike here, never been to starbucks, no tent either...just a comfy real man cabin.

12-Oct-20
Idyllwildarcher

Apology accepted.

12-Oct-20
I

12-Oct-20
I think we can all admit that every generation has their fair share of "losers".. Apology accepted.. i want to go goat hunting :)

13-Oct-20
My tent is heavy, Idyl. Just saying.

Matt

14-Oct-20
If you're paying for TV and hate it, you need to open your eyes. The internet you already pay for has more good quality content for free on there than you have time for. Or at least than I hope you have time for. I haven't had cable for going on 10 years now. Haven't missed a thing. But I have saved $100/month for 10 years. That adds up to $12,000 for the math wizards out there. And haven't missed a thing. That's right. Zero change to quality of living, $12,000 in my pocket.

And any time I want to watch a great quality non-uppity hunting show I have more available than I can watch. Relatively ad free. Every generation seems to have a problem with every generation but their own. Got used to that on bowsite years ago. Used to battle back on all those accounts, but whatever. I'll always be the kid that can't track, can't find sign, hang a stand properly, no woodsmanship, can't sharpen a broadhead like the old timers did, wear too expensive clothing, yada yada. Whatever. But I keep running into animals that wanna die. Rather be lucky than good any day of the week :)

14-Oct-20
You can think what you want about women hunters ground. But, the day I would turn down a chance to hunt with Eva Shockey, would be a cold day in hell !

14-Oct-20
I pay for Dish, and also subscribe to Netflix, AppleTV, HBO max, and ESPN+. I'd like to get rid of the Dish and go all-streaming, but there’s still too much stuff on Dish (including local channels) you can’t get elsewhere. As far as hunting shows, we watch very few. Shockey, and the Tchaikovsky couple from Iowa. That's about it. Nice feature with all these shows is they're optional to watch, or not ;-)

14-Oct-20
"But, the day I would turn down a chance to hunt with Eva Shockey,"

be careful, there are some Eva haters here.

• Sitka Gear