DonVathome 12-Oct-20
GF 12-Oct-20
wisconsinteacher 12-Oct-20
GF 12-Oct-20
Owl 12-Oct-20
LBshooter 12-Oct-20
Yellowjacket 12-Oct-20
12-Oct-20
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grizzlies-bear-spray-bill-whitaker-60-minutes-2020-10-11/

12-Oct-20
Your thoughts? Not bad, obviously I would like it much more towards hunting them, but it was better then I was expecting (which was a bunny hugger version). I was recently near Cody in an area with a lot of bears. I was shocked to see how many there were.

12-Oct-20
Did it end when he said he realized he would have been too slow with the spray?

A commercial came on and I ran out of time for it.

Kind of a Nothin’ Sandwich. And I still don’t know why the bear had been snared, which would leave an ignorant person to conclude that people are out there snaring bears all the time.

12-Oct-20
The snare was set to catch a female so they could put a GPS unit on her. They said that females drive the population and there was no reason to track a male. I do like the fact that they said the foot snare would not hurt the animal.

12-Oct-20
There must’ve been more after the commercial, then. Glad they explained it.

Somehow the whole thing looked like the trip had been a journalistic bust, so they were trying to salvage their expenses by telling a story around the campfire....

12-Oct-20
More of a signpost than a report. And that was more than I was hoping for.

12-Oct-20
They will institute a hunting season after some town people get mauled or killed, but it will have to be many. In that number a few kids will have to be included, unfortunately. Let's wait until people die or get seriously injured before we doing something. Bears are not afraid of man, and there lies the problem, hunting of Bears will put the fear in them and keep them away more so than they are now. I get alittle tired of when it is said we are encroaching in thier area, and therefore humans need to put up with thier behavior. Sorry, that doesn't fly with me. We as humans have a duty to respect and protect animals, but we don't and should not take a back seat to them. A reasonable season to maintain numbers and to put bears on notice that humans are dangerous to them is needed and past due in some states and last night show was a preemptive strike for the antis to the hunting debate that's probably around the corner. The building up of subdivisions in Montana I'm sure have the locals upset, looked terrible.

12-Oct-20
I thought the bear part was pretty good. They did try to make it sound like Montana was getting crowded. My daughter lives in Missoula and every time I go to visit and we hike, or float a river or road side fish we see very few people. My usual comment is, if this were Colorado you know how many people would be here!

• Sitka Gear