APauls 15-Oct-20
smarba 15-Oct-20
cptbs 15-Oct-20
Bou'bound 16-Oct-20
yeager 16-Oct-20
patience2spare 16-Oct-20
cptbs 16-Oct-20
14-Oct-20
I've been trying to find a limbsaver string stop for an old hoyt, but the are sold out. Started looking into building one. Found a couple videos, but don't like how they were made, one was held on with zip ties. Wondering if anyone on here has done one of their own, if so please share or PM. Thanks

14-Oct-20
Topic should be DYI string stop, not FYI. I didn't catch the spell check.

14-Oct-20
Actually what you are looking for is DIY (Do It Yourself) not DYI or FYI. ;)

There is a possibility I have one laying around or it might have been on a bow I sold many moons ago. If you can put it to use I will look through the piles and see if I still have one. I'd say 50/50.

14-Oct-20

smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
I made one for my Ultratec by simply putting a cap on the end of a length of arrow shaft (maybe a spend shell casing, can't remember) and then gluing a string stopper rubber knob on the end of that, then using household goop to glue the arrow shaft on the side of my riser. Been in place for years, works like a charm. Be sure to add some serving around the string to keep it from getting frayed. I installed the stopper so there is just a hair of daylight between the string and stopper.

14-Oct-20
Thanks smarba . That might work, my riser is a little different, but I might be able to do the same.

14-Oct-20
I jimmied one up last year out of a chair leg cap and a roll of electrical tape. I wouldn't recommend shooting it a whole lot as I did feel more vibration than normal until I got it replaced. Seemed to shoot the same though. Good luck.

15-Oct-20
You say They are sold out. Does that mean temporary or they will never Get them back.

If it temporarily out I would wait for the right thing to come in stock before gluing arrow shafts or chair legs to my riser.

15-Oct-20
Your problem starts and ends at "old Hoyt" HA!!! Sorry I just had to.

15-Oct-20
Bou: I have a carbon shaft with commercially-produced string stopper end. It's simply a custom string stopper, lighter, cheaper and better than a bolt-on model. Didn't change point of impact any but it did silence the string twang. But sure, I get it, tinkering with custom stuff isn't for everyone...

15-Oct-20
Smarba & Pop-r's input lead me to an idea how I can do one myself. I'm looking at using the existing hole in the riser just under the grip to run a small machine screw into a shaft, dowel or other rod, then fasten to the riser with tape or zip tie. I theory this will be a solid mount than does not permanently impact the bow. I will post pics when done.

16-Oct-20
You say They are sold out. Does that mean temporary or they will never Get them back.

If it temporarily out I would wait for the right thing to come in stock before gluing arrow shafts or chair legs to my riser.

16-Oct-20
If you are not into making your own, there is a guy on Archery Talk that makes them. I bought one to replace the one on my Elite E35 and he does great work. His name is Luke and goes by “CoolhandLuke”. His contact number is 814-207-3472.

16-Oct-20
Search "Archery String Suppressor" on Ebay. I have one on my old Bowtech back-up bow made by "MeanV" - has worked flawlessly for years. There are models on Ebay from $20 to around $40. Pete

16-Oct-20
Thanks Yeager & Pete, I'll look into those options.

• Sitka Gear