Contributors to this thread:
BowSniper 14-Oct-20
t-roy 14-Oct-20
LBshooter 14-Oct-20
Missouribreaks 14-Oct-20
Grunt-N-Gobble 14-Oct-20
Scrappy 14-Oct-20
14-Oct-20
What do you think about the pros and cons of scent warming devices? Some devices use batteries, some just those chem hand warmers.

I have always just poured doe urine on a drag rag and then hung it in a tree after trailing in. Am I missing out on something with the heat gimmick?

14-Oct-20
Oh boy!.........

14-Oct-20
Well, I think heating up a liquid scent may carry the smell further than cold scent. However, if you want to get scent further out try some of those scent sticks that you burn.

14-Oct-20
Boiled nose jammer might be the ticket.

14-Oct-20
It's been several yrs since I played around with heated scent. Most times I had nothing come to it but there were a few times where bucks homed in right to it.

I particularly evening hunt I was on the ground between the woods and corn field and had it out with the scent carrying into the corn. After a while, I could hear deer moving through the corn and out comes a decent 8pt who stuck is nose right to the bottle.

My opinion on scents in general these days is that it's a 50/50 proposition. I haven't bought scent now in a couple years if that tells you anything. However I have an active food plot with 3 scrapes under a single tree that I may get some scent for this year.

14-Oct-20
Oh boy is right.

What ever the amount of money you are planning on spending this season just send it to me. I will send you a letter with my personal guarantee that you will see and kill just as many deer with my letter in your pocket instead of using snake oils.

• Sitka Gear