T.O 17-Oct-20
BullBuster 17-Oct-20
spike78 17-Oct-20
txhunter58 17-Oct-20
15-Oct-20

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
My how times have changed . Was a time the government paid people to kill wolves . Now a Michigan man accused of killing 18 wolves loses hunting privileges in Michigan for life and by way of the Wildlife compact that means 48 states.

The article details his other misdeeds and fines and penalties .

15-Oct-20
It sounds as if he deserved everything he’s getting. His only redeeming quality must be his ability to kill wolves but it must be done legally.

15-Oct-20
What two states don't participate in the wildlife compact?

Never mind I googled it. If anyone is wondering it is Hawaii and Massachusetts.

15-Oct-20
Does anyone think a guy like this will stop "hunting" just because he can't buy a license?

15-Oct-20
Somebody buy that man a beer.

15-Oct-20
I hope that he never stops hunting wolfs. I think he is quite good at it as well.

15-Oct-20
As far as the eagles go, if you're dumb enough to shoot a bald eagle our nation's symbol then you kind of had it coming. As far as killing 18 wolves the only thing in my mind he did wrong was GET CAUGHT! Does he have a go fund me page??

15-Oct-20
Sounds like he was just another poacher to me. An outlaw. The fact that he killed some wolves doesn’t move me to take his side.

15-Oct-20
that is one hell of a lot of wolves for being in upper michigan

15-Oct-20
The term "poacher" does not fit this guy. If you'd have used a suppressed .223 in my state 15 years ago, you'd have been labeled a poacher and everything confiscated. Now it's legal to do so with no age limit. I call this guy a true conservationist. Anyone who disagrees has not seen what wolves do to game and livestock.

15-Oct-20
As long as you pick the laws you like and dislike, it's okay? I'm no fan of wolves either, but making this guy a hero (even in gesture) is exactly what BLM, and the media did to Floyd.

And no Keith, I made the same comment on our state forum. This isn't going to deter a career violator. Hell, it's money they'll probably never collect.

15-Oct-20
“The 56-year-old Pickford man was linked to 125 wildlife misdemeanors over an 18-month period, having committed numerous wildlife crimes against wolves, bald eagles, deer, turkey and bobcat“

125 illegal acts that they know about...

The guy is a POACHER! But the wolves get the headlines

15-Oct-20
If I lost my hunting privileges for life in 48 states, I'd start looking at moving to Hawaii or New Zealand after I finally got over my initial suicidal ideation.

15-Oct-20
Explain how killing three bald eagles make you a true conservationist?

15-Oct-20
This individual deserves no accolades for what he did but knowing some residents from the U.P. I can tell you that he was given 3 cheers at the local pubs for killing those wolves.

The bear hunters more than the deer hunters despise the wolves. Bear hunters lose numerous hounds each year while hunting. After you hear first hand accounts from these hunters telling their stories of the hounds crying in pain as the wolves rip their hide from their bones, tear the windpipe from their necks and disembowel the hounds you will then come to understand why the wolf is hated.

I have seen pictures from hound hunters of what the kill site of their dogs looks like and it is gruesome at best

15-Oct-20
I realize that wolves are despised by hunters. I don’t live in wolf country but I kill every coyote I can. Same principle, smaller predator. The fact remains that this guy is an outlaw “hunter” and to say he’s a conservationist is like saying Jesse James was a bank examiner.

15-Oct-20
Hell if I lived up there I’d be with Thornton I believe someone get this guy a case of beer...

15-Oct-20
Might as well been 49 states because no one in their right mind would hunt in MA by choice.

15-Oct-20
Golden Eagles maybe but not Bald Eagles

15-Oct-20
Most hunters are not outright poachers, but one can sure see why voters are increasingly against us. I know, some will say he is not a hunter, but they did tie the crime to his hunting and trapping licenses. We all lose once again.

15-Oct-20
Being cheered in the local pubs is not exactly a great legacy.

15-Oct-20
Doenst speak well of a person defending trash like this guy.

15-Oct-20
Woohoo! I can still shoot all the Hawaiian wolves I want.

15-Oct-20
If you're that much of a reprobate, laws don't really motivate compliance.

15-Oct-20
Calling this guy a conservationist is like saying antifa is doing good in the world.

15-Oct-20
I made that statement long before I knew anything about the other infractions.

16-Oct-20
“Long before you knew”? I guessing reading comprehension isn’t your strong point?

Right next to shooting the wolves in the article was all of the other species he poached.

16-Oct-20

Boreal's Link
"Might as well been 49 states because no one in their right mind would hunt in MA by choice."

I thought that too but just caught this last night from Jeff Doyle. Dayuuum!

17-Oct-20
I have a cabin in the U.P not far from where the wolfs were shot , and the deer herd is gone due to the wolfs I wish we would have shot a 100 of them. T.O

17-Oct-20
Sometimes murder is justified. Sometimes laws are wrong.

17-Oct-20
Wow just watched that video damn that’s a beast never saw one like that here in MA!

17-Oct-20
Glad he shot the wolves

Glad he got caught for poaching

Bad guys can do some things right.

• Sitka Gear