Franklin 17-Oct-20
Wild Bill 20-Oct-20
scndwfstlhntng 26-Oct-20
Dale06 26-Oct-20
Teeton 26-Oct-20
Teeton 26-Oct-20
LBshooter 27-Oct-20
16-Oct-20
Guys looking for the warmest sock out there, your opinions are wanted.

16-Oct-20
If you mean warmest, look for high wool content, well over 50%. Wear boots that are not real tight. If you are walking into a stand and get sweaty, have a fresh set of socks and change in to them after getting into your stand. Wearing a thin liner sock with the wool helps also.

16-Oct-20
I hate to do brands, but I love my smartwool socks.

16-Oct-20
That’s a darn tough question

16-Oct-20
get some expedition weight alpaca wool socks, you wont regret it.

16-Oct-20
X2 Alpaca

16-Oct-20
The warmest ones I have are thick Alpaca.

16-Oct-20
Ive found merino wool is the warmest Ive tried. Got mine off amazon.

16-Oct-20
Alpaca with a silk liner. Like said before change your sock if they get sweaty walking to your stand.

16-Oct-20
Best thing I’ve found is hot hands foot warmers between two pairs of wool socks.

As stated above... avoid “tight boots”.

Late season is my favorite and I haven’t had any issues.

16-Oct-20
X2 on the hot hands foot warmers. Forrest

17-Oct-20
Smartwhool here. As stated before make sure your boots are not too tight and your blood can circulate.

17-Oct-20
A change of socks (and toe warmers) is a great thing to have in your daypack. Liner socks too.

I like the Smartwool too; I prefer some nylon blended into the wool for durability vs. 100% wool. What kills socks is washing them wrong. Cold water only, and line dry.

17-Oct-20
This is a great topic.

I can stand getting chilled as far as my body, my hands, but before switching to the hot hands I would get out of the stand once my feet reached a certain point.

Great advice from Ohio, my brother uses boot covers and he swears they are the “bees knees”.

Fortunately I bout Wal-Mart out of their clearance hot hand this last spring. I bought literally 15 jumbo packs of each, hand, body, and foot warmers for $1.50 each.

Fishing stuff in December, hunting stuff in March.

Bought six 15’ ladder stands $25 each, forty small peg hangers @ 10 cents each. Three full sets of long under ware, thermal pants, jacket for less than $100.00. The list goes on and on.

I live in Topeka and I take a field trip weekend and hit every Wal-Mart within 60 miles.

If folks don’t shop Wal-Mart clearance, your missing out...

17-Oct-20
Alpaca socks are the warmest socks going. It's 3X the warmth of wool but just as warm when damp/wet as wool. Find some good Alpaca socks.

17-Oct-20
Bou' said - "That’s a darn tough question"

Incase you are unaware. Darn Tough is a brand of socks. Worth a look.

17-Oct-20
Depends on the application but my go to

Darn Tough, Fox River, Dachstein 4-ply. I’d be interested in trying alpaca at some point. Wearing Baffin Trapper boots if I’m going into a stand, or am still hunting in severe cold, wet, or snow.

17-Oct-20
I`ll turn the brothers onto the sock deal of the century.....go "socksaddicts" and look at the "Fox River cold weather steel toed sock".....it`s 88% wool and get this....only $4.99 a pair. They are no longer being made but are some of the warmest socks out there. I just bought 4 pair for a whopping $20 lol.

20-Oct-20
Fits socks, it's not just wool, but the construction which makes a difference that's remarkable. Fits socks https://www.fitssock.com/

26-Oct-20
A "boot blanket" or the Mickey mouse boots are probably your best way of keeping feet warm. Neither is really a way to walk around . There are high leg Mukluks of leather. THE WARMEST SOCK has not even been noted, as they are expensive. Buffalo (bison) "wool" is (in my estimation) better than alpaca. I have both. The catch however is that there are the expensive ( but less expensive) wool and bison blends sold under the (misunderstanding) that it is a buffalo sock (see Orivis) and then there is the high percentage ones (see the buffalowoolco.com). A liner, and insulated boots with air space all contribute to cold control. Message: check out Real buffalo socks and check the penny jar

26-Oct-20
One other thing that I do is spray my feet with Sure unscented anti persperant. That helps keep feet from sweating. Moisture is bad news for keeping feet warm.

26-Oct-20
I have been going what Dale06 said for years. If you cant find unscented spray, just put unscented stick antiperspirant on ur feet. Use a doctors glove on one hand to rub it in and between ur toes. Antiperspirant on my hands makes them feel funny..

Not a believer put it on one foot and not the other. You'll tell which sock is wet and which one isn't. ED

26-Oct-20
I have been going what Dale06 said for years. If you cant find unscented spray, just put unscented stick antiperspirant on ur feet. Use a doctors glove on one hand to rub it in and between ur toes. Antiperspirant on my hands makes them feel funny..

Not a believer put it on one foot and not the other. You'll tell which sock is wet and which one isn't. ED

27-Oct-20
Thanks for all the opinions, got some alpaca.

• Sitka Gear