wyobullshooter 16-Oct-20
Aspen Ghost 16-Oct-20
Willieboat 16-Oct-20
cnelk 16-Oct-20
greg simon 17-Oct-20
16-Oct-20

Razorrick 's embedded Photo
Razorrick 's embedded Photo
Which week between these 2 for a elk hunt in se Wyoming according to lunar tables? Sept 13-17. Or 19-23 Thanks

16-Oct-20
I like the 13 through the 17 but I’m a piss poor elk hunter so take that for what it’s worth .

16-Oct-20
Neither of those is a week, And I'm a crappier elk hunter than LINK. But if I had to choose one of those two options it would be the earlier. My experience at enticing elk in has been better those days than later days.

But a 5 day elk hunt sure goes by fast. A 6 day elk hunt ups your odds 20%. A 7 day elk hunt ups your odds 40%.

16-Oct-20
I have killed 5 bulls with a bow. All between the 14th and 17th of September, regardless of moon phase.

16-Oct-20
Technically a 6 day ups your odds by 16.67% unless your odds are better on killing on day 6 then they were on any of first 5 days. ;) All kidding aside the only thing I would add and not sure when WY has their black powder season I would go when that is not going on. For example I think and would have to look to be sure in CO the second week there is when you would be sharing the woods with them. I don't know if WY black power season runs during archery.

16-Oct-20
Need more information- Private or public land? How much experience do you have? What size bull will you shoot? What expectations do you have for the hunt?

16-Oct-20
Private ranch.80,000 acres. Been elk hunting 8 times. Normally, back country. 300+ expectations. Always with a guide.

16-Oct-20
Wyoming doesn't have a muzzleloader season, other than area 91around Afton. That season is for antlerless only in Jan and is valid for archery, muzzleloader, or shotgun only.

16-Oct-20
Under those conditions I'd still go with the earlier period.

16-Oct-20
If I could only do one of those weeks it would definitely be during the full moon week. I don’t buy into all this dark of the moon stuff.

16-Oct-20
Maybe refer to the Old Farmers Almanac

17-Oct-20
Ask the ranch owner or manager when they typically see the best action. Personally I like September 20th. So I’d go the later week.

• Sitka Gear