Scar Finga 18-Oct-20
woodguy65 18-Oct-20
Scrappy 18-Oct-20
BOHNTR 18-Oct-20
greenmountain 20-Oct-20
18-Oct-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
I have a pair of sitka apex pants that I have two and a half seasons on. After each of the first two seasons I would take them to monster sewing in the quadcities (if you live near and need repairs these guys are awesome) and have them sew up the rips. I'm hard on clothes. Well about half way through my elk hunt this year I was convinced I had done ripped these things up to bad to be repaired when the zipper blew out.

Question is would you just chalk it up as pants served their purpose and toss them or attempt to use sitkas warranty on them?

The only reason I am having trouble deciding is i only got 2.5 years out of them before the zipper blew. What would you guys do? Thanks

18-Oct-20
Be realistic. Chalk it up to abuse!

18-Oct-20
When I first looked at the picture I thought ‘I don’t think feet have a warranty’ Send them to Sitka. Be honest about how you use them and see what they say.

18-Oct-20
Is that your head?

18-Oct-20
You pay for the warranty up front when you buy the product. It would be foolish not to use what you've already paid for.

18-Oct-20
I don't know what Sitka's warranty states, but if you are that hard on your clothing as you state, why do you think the abuse would be covered? Contact them and find out. Worst case is they say no.

18-Oct-20
Agree on the use of the warranty for the zipper. I just sent in my 7 or 8 yr old Predator jacket for a new zipper and was not charged. You pay alot for these quality products and part of that quality is the after purchase warranty service. Call them and if they will cover the zipper, send it in. If they won't cover it, go with Predator.

18-Oct-20
2.5 years? I have been wearing the same pair of pants (Microtex) every Fall for well over a decade for all sorts of big and small game hunting including backpacking. Still going strong with no repairs but do have a loose button on a cargo pocket...and I thought I was hard on clothes.

18-Oct-20
They should cover the zipper but nothing else.

“ Well about half way through my elk hunt this year I was convinced I had done ripped these things up too bad to be repaired”

Why would you bother to repair a zipper on a pair of pants that ripped? And don’t see how they should cover the rips

I suspect the pants aren’t the only thing that gets rips on your trips. Skin rips too :-)

18-Oct-20
No sense in opting out of a warranty opportunity. If they say no they say no. No sense in you saying no for them. You paid for might as well try to use it.

18-Oct-20
Not really asking about will they warranty but should I even ask since they are really tore up even if the zipper is fixed. Guess I'm really just trying to talk myself into something that isn't a warranty issue. Too the trash they go. Thanks for the comments guys.

18-Oct-20
Trash!!!! Sew a patch on those suckers!

18-Oct-20
I guess I’d have to ask myself if they’re still worth wearing, and/or if they’re worth the price of postage.

Sounds like you have plenty of reasons to replace them that have nothing at all to do with that zipper. If the busted zipper was the only thing rendering them unfit for their intended purpose, that’d be different.

18-Oct-20
Next time go buy some wrangler outdoor pants or some Eddie Bauer Costco pants for 20 bucks. I’m on season 2 of mine. Going strong!

18-Oct-20
Really? Trash??? Put a flippin patch on it, or a new zipper, or whatever!!

18-Oct-20
Sitka will patch it and fix the zipper and pay for shipping. But by all means throw them away.

18-Oct-20
Let me clarify why I say trash, the pants are literally falling apart. The material is just wore out. The slightest snag just rips the crap out of them leaving my legs exposed. Thats no fun in the dark when you run into a briar patch.

18-Oct-20
Time for some Kuiu. ??

20-Oct-20
I am a loyal LL Bean customer. They USED to offer warranty on their products. They don't anymore. The reason is unreasonable took it way beyond the limits. I stopped at the store some years ago. The zipper on my ten year old tent failed. The sales lady said they would replace the Zipper for $30. The next words were unless you feel it is a warranty issue. I got a bargain for $30. I suspect you will get a similar response. If you think the zipper failed due to material or manufacturing shortcomings by all means go for the warranty.

• Sitka Gear