Lungbuster13 10-Nov-20
Sam 10-Nov-20
Huntiam 10-Nov-20
APauls 11-Nov-20
APauls 11-Nov-20
Grey Ghost 11-Nov-20
spike78 11-Nov-20
22-Oct-20
Sitka is very popular, but expensive. How about First Lite, Day One, Pnuma or others? Especially interested in Day One.

22-Oct-20
pnuma has a lifetime warranty!

22-Oct-20
So did zen ray

22-Oct-20
I’ve got day one bibs. Very warm. You don’t want to walk very far in them

22-Oct-20
I would love to have the "Heater Body Suit" just can't bite the bullet at $300.

22-Oct-20
I've got the old Cabela's Stand Hunter Extreme bibs and parka. They are super warm but heavy and they are not made anymore. I'm not sure about the new Instinct model form Cabela's. Honestly a Heater Body Suit would probably be a better investment.

22-Oct-20
Best 300 you would spend. Mine is 10 years old But if you really want a jacket and bibs, forget sitka Gray Woolens out of Wis. measurements and make them. Predator camo. I have seen both, no comparison.

22-Oct-20
I own the Sitka Incinerator parka/bibs.... as warm of outerwear as I've seen. I don't have access to caribou skin or anything like that, so it's all I have to go on. I'm not a Sitka fanboy.... i want to hunt late season in ND.... you either spend some $$$ or you sit home and watch TV. It's really about that simple. The outerwear is just a piece of the system.... you still need to layer under it. The one issue with the Incinerator stufv is that it isn't completely silent in real cold... it gets a slight bit crinkly. Last year, I bought the First Light Sanctuary parka.... I would say it's a toss up with the Incinerator parka as far as warmth, but still dead silent in really cold weather. Also expensive. In my opinion, you can get by without "brand name" under layers... as long as they are quality. I don't know what I'll do if I ever kill a buck big enough to make the cover of North American Whitetail.... nothing I own matches from head to toe.... but it all works.

22-Oct-20
Day one makes good stuff.

22-Oct-20
If you want the "best" and "warmest" plan on spending big money. You won't find any at Wally world. The Sitka Fanatic jacket and bibs are incredible. There are likely others but, prepare for sticker shock.

24-Oct-20

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
If you really want the best be prepared to pay. Gray Wolf Woolens in wisconsin definitely deserves your consideration. I've had mine for many years and I absolutely love it.

24-Oct-20

24-Oct-20
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-mt050-whitetail-extreme-gore-tex-bibs-for-men

24-Oct-20
I have owned Gray Wolf wool jacket and bibs with windstop, and currently have Day One with windstop, but not insulated. Great stuff but got cold when the temps really dip. I layer with Merino wool and fleece as well.

I have various Cabela’s jackets that are insulated and have Gore Tex, but they are a bit noisy and absolutely hate the collars.

I don’t mind spending the $ if it works.

24-Oct-20
I have a great pair of bibs I got from Camofire, for cheap. They are Natgear camo, which I really like. I wear them ice fishing and plowing snow with my ATV.

24-Oct-20
Over the decades I've spent a modest fortune on warm clothes & boots - and it comes down to "What part of you gets cold first?"

24-Oct-20

24-Oct-20
Cheese, your Grey Wolf looks alot like the Predator camo outfit I have. That stuff is super quiet and keeps ya warm in those low temps.

24-Oct-20
I do like my FL sanctuary set. Quieter than sitka and not near the expense. I will say that the sitka was a better design but sold them off because I really felt that the camo sucked. I was constantly getting busted in the evo 2 pattern while sitting still. Went to asat and my old real tree sets and felt much more concealed

24-Oct-20
I'm quite sure you cannot get the Grey Wolf Woolens wool jacket in Predator any longer. I've wanted one for years to match my bibs, but they haven't been available. Very disappointing when you spend that kind of money!

24-Oct-20
I had heard DAY ONE was out of business until now. I have some of their products and they are great.

25-Oct-20
First Lite Solitude jacket and sanctuary bibs. Perfection for me, your mileage may vary.

25-Oct-20
Jack, Day One is still in business.

25-Oct-20
JJJ, just fyi. The supplier of the wool Gray Wolf uses cant produce it anymore because of regulations on dyes in the US. They have no choice in the matter, the wool asat is gone too. Totally out of their control, and they tried every avenue possible to get it.

26-Oct-20
I’ve got a grey wolf woolens jacket in predator brown I’d part with, if anybody is interested. PM me. It’s like new.

26-Oct-20
panther Bone I sent you a pm

26-Oct-20
I have the Day One wins stop insulated parka and also the new Sitka Fanatic. Both parkas are excellent choices to keep you warm and you would not go wrong either way.

26-Oct-20
I have Sitka Incinerator and would not want to give it up. I have yet to get cold or wet in it and we have some cold says in NE Ohio. Pricey, but the price per year is well worth it.

28-Oct-20
FWIW, I personally use the Under Armor Timber hunting jacket. I can’t imagine ever getting cold in it. It is SUPER warm. I mean super. To the point that it’s gotta be in the teens before I even think about wearing it.

It’s not a compact piece of gear. You aren’t going to walk far in it either. But, if it gets too cold for it, you shouldn’t be hunting anyway. Very affordable to. I think I paid $114 shipped for mine.

Sizing is right on par with all other technical clothing. It says loose fit but, I’d order the size you normally wear and expect it a bit snugger through the arms and shoulders.

28-Oct-20
I have First Lite Jacket and Bibs. Hunt in bitter cold here in Iowa. I can’t say enough about it.

29-Oct-20
I had a hard time spending the money but last year I froze my ass off many sits and when first lite had their Black Friday sale I bought the sanctuary jacket. It was well worth it. It’s very warm, quiet and it fits like it should.

29-Oct-20
Love my First Lite jacket and bibbs!!

29-Oct-20
I have some day one bibs I'm looking forward to using this year.

29-Oct-20
First Lite Sanctuary is the cats azzz

10-Nov-20
Sitka Fanatic.

10-Nov-20
check out Thiessens. I love mine and they are a fraction of the cost of the bigger brands.

10-Nov-20
Anyone have an opinion of Asio gear. The reviews are impressive

10-Nov-20
Heater body suit ..walk in with blue jeans and a hoodie zip up and you will not be cold ... I will not hunt without mine if it’s below 25

11-Nov-20
I have spent time and money searching for the holy grail. New Sitka Fanatic is the best I've come across. Also have a set of FL Sanctuary that are nice but not as nice IMO

11-Nov-20
I have spent time and money searching for the holy grail. New Sitka Fanatic is the best I've come across. Also have a set of FL Sanctuary that are nice but not as nice IMO

11-Nov-20
I have a question for the guys who love the Sitka Fanatic. I have a similar uninsulated berber jacket that is a Cabelas brand, I think. I stopped wearing it because of all the crap it would collect in the woods. Does the high loft berber in the Fanatic collect burrs, seeds, small sticks, etc... like velcro?

Matt

11-Nov-20
Shoot for the quietness and warmth of the Cabelas Berber fleece I don’t mind picking crap off it now and then.

• Sitka Gear