NoWiser 31-Oct-20
NoWiser 31-Oct-20
Traveler 06-Nov-20
chukarchump 06-Nov-20
jdbbowhunter 06-Nov-20
YZF-88 06-Nov-20
chukarchump 07-Nov-20
22-Oct-20
Just got the email. NR Elk tag jumped up $240.00 bucks. NR hunting up $30.00, NR Deer up $50.00. With everything that's pushing $850 plus to Elk hunt. Gotta start saving my pop cans.

22-Oct-20
Sad to say -but thier just getting in line with the rest of the states

22-Oct-20
Doesn’t bother me I don’t hunt there. I apply in enough other states already. Idaho is a bit farther than I prefer to drive. Good luck to those to will continue.

22-Oct-20
Look up an Iowa non resident archery tag. 850 for elk might not be so bad. I have an Iowa tag this year if memory is correct the tag was $565 plus 50 dollars a point and I had 4. So I'm at almost 8 bills for a whitetail

22-Oct-20
Honestly, that fee increase doesn't bother me in the least. That time spent elk hunting is worth every penny to me. From what I understand there will be new nonresident caps on units that have been unlimited to nonresidents in the past. That could have a dramatic impact on opportunity to hunt. Could potentially hurt a lot more than a moderate fee increase. Hope I'm wrong.

22-Oct-20
Did the Idaho res tags go up too?

22-Oct-20

CBFROMND 's embedded Photo
CBFROMND 's embedded Photo
That does sting a bit! Well I was to slow last year and did not get a tag so I'm still money ahead going into next year... half full! Ha! Its funny because not to many years ago Idaho could not give all their tags away.. I will still be giving them my money..... to late now to teach this dog a new spot to hunt...

22-Oct-20
Sorry about the pic... dont know how to fix..

22-Oct-20
Increased $240 and the tags will still sell out prior to the 2nd draw in Wyoming.

22-Oct-20
Yeah, about in line with the rest and still cheaper than some.

22-Oct-20
I hope it keeps a few folks from putting in on elk and from getting the otc elk tags. I’ve been having terrible luck the last few years trying to get that archery tag.

22-Oct-20
The hunting license fee increase sucks for people who just buy it to put in for the draw. $185 non-refundable for a hunting license I will never use just plain sucks for a tag I almost certainly will not draw.

22-Oct-20
The Idaho F&G did a survey awhile back, and one of the main complaints was too many non-res hunters. Guess they listened to what the resident hunters had to say.

I always thought that having to buy a license before you could put in for a draw was a good thing.

But I live here.

22-Oct-20
I’m out...knew this day would come after tracking the tag sellout rates where I go. Feel fortunate to leave with a heavy pack and an awesome time a few weeks ago! Just gonna try different states the next few years unless a friend buys a tag and wants help. Had a good run the last 7 years since moving west!

22-Oct-20
zim, Idaho doesn't have a preference point system. its a lottery.

22-Oct-20
Boone- I have an iowa tag this year took 3 points to draw. $832

22-Oct-20
"zim, Idaho doesn't have a preference point system. its a lottery."

Don't resort to something as silly as facts to deprive a man of his reason to complain. It's un-American.

22-Oct-20
Matt. LMAO! Well said

22-Oct-20
Matt!!!! To the queen of complaining!!!

22-Oct-20
"I always thought that having to buy a license before you could put in for a draw was a good thing."

I agree that it's a good thing. But $185 to enter the game is steep and that doesn't include the app fee and borrowing Idaho $2100 for a few months to put in for a sheep tag. No state charges that much for a NR hunting license. When Washington State upped their sheep app to like $210, I bounced.

22-Oct-20
Gotta pay for them wolves some way! Listen up Colorado, start jacking NR licenses now so we can pay for the Lefty’s wolves.

22-Oct-20
I don’t might the license cost so much, kind of the trend everywhere to apply. The $50ish dollar app fee and then tacking on a 3% “convenience” fee just chaps my hind end!

23-Oct-20
I have never applied for Idaho for the same reason Ike stated. The cost of the annual NR hunting license has been pretty steep for a tag (sheep) I'll likely never draw. That cost just went up. It might be a different story if Idaho was on my list of elk or deer destinations, but it is not. Too many places to hunt elk closer to home that are not overrun with wolves.

23-Oct-20
I applied for Idaho for the first time ever this year. I struggled mightily with the hunting license cost because there was no way I was going out there unless I drew a controlled hunt tag. Since I hadn't drawn a single tag with less than 100% odds in the last 6 years, I swallowed hard and did it. Low and behold I drew a tag with <2% odds. The cost increase stinks, but I figure I'm playing with house money for a few years so I'll probably keep applying there the years it makes sense.

23-Oct-20
I love the response of just getting to that same price as other states. If every other state was $10,000 would it still be ok? If no then that response is ridiculous. Is NR price vs. resident fair? 90% of us hunt elk on national forest.

I am lucky. I will pay whatever they charge and raising prices helps me hunt more because it raises my odds of drawing. I will never say is is fair. Most states give NR 10%-15% of tags but we pay 90% of the budget.

It is going to continue to get worse...............

23-Oct-20
Nobody is making anyone pay the fees. If it is not for you, just do not go there. The choice is yours to make.

23-Oct-20
Yup, like Boone I am into a whitetail tag in Iowa for 800 bucks. It sucks but if ya want to play ya gotta pay! Shawn

23-Oct-20
Good! They were under priced

23-Oct-20
Of all the increases...how does Idaho justify raising the archery license from $20 to over $80.....I think I will just get drawn for Arizona elk every year !! I wish....

Joe

23-Oct-20
Non residents don't pay 90% of any western game dept budget. Depending on the state we can pay a greater percentage of the license revenue but that is only one part of the revenue picture; license revenue, general funds, Federal funds, grants, etc.

23-Oct-20
Matt, Never said they did. What up???

25-Oct-20
Zim you definitely edited your first post. I could care less but your original post eluded to being glad that you didn’t get in the Idaho presence point game. It’s not a big deal but I know I’m not going crazy.

25-Oct-20

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
Yep, it's getting steep. I don't even want to know what I spent last year on tags for me and my boys to hunt MT and ID. My youngest will be old enough to join next year. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet. We usually do deer, turkey and bear over there. Those memories are worth way more than the $$ but non res tags for 5 of us is brutal.

25-Oct-20
Zim you definitely edited your first post. I could care less but your original post eluded to being glad that you didn’t get in the Idaho presence point game. It’s not a big deal but I know I’m not going crazy.

25-Oct-20
Funny stuff right there.

29-Oct-20
Hunted deer & elk a few years in the 80’s through 93. Remember the first time they really jacked the rates. The mule deer tags sold out every year prior. Saw an interview with the head of Idaho Fish & Game where they asked how he could justify an increase like that? His smug reply was simply “because we can”. Tags didn’t sell out for years after that. Hunted deer in Wisconsin for years until they tripled the cost of a nonresident tag. Haven’t been back to either state since.

29-Oct-20
What do y’all mean about Wolfers buying up the tags?

29-Oct-20
While I very much question the accuracy of your claims, I say let them if it's true. They have every right to buy them if they want and Idaho can just issue more NR tags if it really becomes a problem.

29-Oct-20
Someday you will need the NR.

29-Oct-20
“ Nobody is making anyone pay the fees. If it is not for you, just do not go there. The choice is yours to make”

Absolutely true, and I can afford any increase they go up to, so if you can’t afford it too bad!!

Now I will take my tongue out of my cheek. Yes, I personally can afford any increase but to price people out of the game because they can Still get enough to pay is just wrong. The next generation of NR hunters may be lost due to this trend.

31-Oct-20
As a resident, I am against price increases like this. That goes for any state, especially pricing out the youth hunters. That is nonsense that anti-hunters are buying up tags, specifically those in SV. As I write this, I am here in the wood river valley chasing deer. Plenty of hunters that live here.

31-Oct-20

31-Oct-20
KD/Hedgehunter/Shawn Magyar is full of it about anti’s buying tags until he proves it with a credible link. It is typical for Shawn to talk out of the opposite end of his mouth. That’s what’s got him kicked off Bowsite no less than 5 times.

31-Oct-20
If KD is actually HH, that explains a lot.

31-Oct-20
If KD is actually HH, that explains a lot.

06-Nov-20
FYI - 60% of license revenues in Idaho come from Non-Residents. So the residents need to factor that in to their level of complaining. Do they want to make up the difference in funding if NR tags are cut?

06-Nov-20
60% of revenue isn't worth the loss of privileges, access to lands, littering, and damage to Idaho hunters ethical and moral reputation caused from the abuse and absolute disregard for property and people of this state by those that have nothing to lose or deal with repercussions from their "take,take,take all about me" attitude that allows them to go on posted (state and private) land illegally and leave their trash everywhere. I experienced this personally this year as I watched out of state'ers take their wheelers around closed motorized vehicle locked gates, ride their e-bikes onto private lands that were clearly posted (Wilkes Bros. land for those of you who are familiar), and drained their black water tank at their camp site as they left down the road. I literally filled 2 garbage sacks of trash from their campsite after they were gone. I have seen this increasing yearly the last few years and while I agree there are slob resident hunters also, they will have to deal with the fallout of their actions where the (I don't give a dam*) slob non-resident goes back home from where he came with the only worry is where he is going to terrorize next year. Sorry about the rant but this years hunting season in the mountains was appalling. Sadly this hurts all of us and hunting in general in the long run. As for the financial aspect, I would have no problem with paying the difference if Idaho limited big game hunting to resident "only" on a monetary scale but would not condone that action out of respect for my hunting brothers worldwide as we are a community that should share and respect one another and our resources.

06-Nov-20
Not all out of state hunters are as you described. There is no place for that kind of stuff by anyone hunting ,fishing or any other outdoor activities. Proper authorities should have been notified with plate #S,and pics if possible. Would think FishnGame would come down hard on that. But maybe I'm wrong.

06-Nov-20
Chuck at camp, I have pictures of slob residents doing the same with respect to garbage and violating OHV rules. I documented it very well. They were cited. Only one way down the mountain and someone was waiting. It ain’t just NR’s that have an entitled mindset.

07-Nov-20
No plates on 4 wheelers and the garbage and sewage was as they left so caught me off guard. Next year I will be prepared. I also did note that there are slob residents as well but they have to deal with losing state privileges in their home turf from their actions unlike non resident slobs.

• Sitka Gear