Treeline 24-Oct-20
t-roy 24-Oct-20
Buck Watcher 24-Oct-20
Boreal 24-Oct-20
Bou'bound 25-Oct-20
23-Oct-20

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
I was up in the Chugach in September hunting brownies. I came across several moose but this is the only one that I would have been tempted to use my tag on. Being a draw area it wasn't an option. Of course, I had a perfect wind and good cover. Maybe next year.

23-Oct-20
Nice for sure. Ever since I was a kid Moose is my all-time wish.

23-Oct-20
Very nice! There's always next time!

23-Oct-20
How did the bear hunting go

23-Oct-20
Young boars, sows and cubs. We located a big 8 1/2 inch front track a couple of times but never saw him in the flesh. I had to fly out a day early because of weather moving in. All in all, it was a great trip with many new experiences and some pretty scary moments. I'm going back to try again next September.

24-Oct-20
The body on that bull is HUGE!

24-Oct-20
Looks like a good bull!

Would be cool to stick an arrow in one of those big beasts!

Would really hope that he would run out of that swamp to some dry land somewhere!

24-Oct-20
Very nice, Boreal. Moose hunting is a blast!

24-Oct-20
I was hunting/fishing in Alaska about 10 years ago. My buddy was working so I drove a few miles from Anchorage to do some fishing. I was fishing a 6" deep run that dumped into a deep hole. After about an hour of catching salmon I heard something coming. A legal bull wanted to cross in the 6" deep part. I backed off and watched him cross at 30 yards. The next morning he crossed the other way.

SAD thing was - I had a Moose tag but where I was fishing was closed to Non-residents. I had my .480 Ruger with me for bears. Only if...

24-Oct-20

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
He was plenty wide too.

25-Oct-20
Good job on the bears. Nothing better than getting it done the next time. Living the dream twice that way.

• Sitka Gear