Rob Nye 02-Nov-20
Rob Nye 02-Nov-20
Rob Nye 02-Nov-20
Rob Nye 02-Nov-20
Pat Lefemine 03-Nov-20
T Mac 03-Nov-20
standswittaknife 10-Nov-20
25-Oct-20
Rob, any trail cam pics for us poor blokes that couldn’t make it up there this year?

26-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Its a bird! Its a plane! Never mind it’s just a stinkin squirrel.
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Its a bird! Its a plane! Never mind it’s just a stinkin squirrel.
Heres a cool pic. Have 2 canadian archery clients here this week they are having fun so far will keep u posted.

26-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
White racks are kinda rare around here this guy has a 7” drop tine on right antler.

26-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

26-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
A parade of deer started 15 minutes after the wolves left they are a common hazard for deer moose and elk in this region.

26-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
This is a daylight pic of the big meadow in the provincial forest. Always a lot of critters rolling through.

26-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Apparently the sign that says “Deer bait” means $h@# to bears. Still a few out and about.

26-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

26-Oct-20
Nice photos!

26-Oct-20
Just need a moose in one of them and you will have them all.

26-Oct-20
Sweet shots!!!

26-Oct-20
Since I've decided to identify as Canadian, can I now cross the border & hunt with you?

26-Oct-20
Shrewski; here’s an oldie but goodie taken at one of my deer stands. Moose season started the next day but I was busy guiding deer hunters so I sent a couple pals in there and they called in a smaller bull abiut 400 yards from where pic was taken and downed him. There was actually 4 different bulls butting heads around my deer bait for several hours.

26-Oct-20

26-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

26-Oct-20
Sidekick; do you have acess to tunneling equipment? Likely have a better chance of getting here.

26-Oct-20

27-Oct-20
appreciate the pics... love the moose...

27-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Boys had a fun day yesterday saw lotsa bucks and deer action all day. That Sitka camo sure blends well in the poplars here.

27-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Brent Watson from Alberta was impressed with the amount of deer he saw and had deer in sight almost constantly all day. He’s set up for a 12 yard shot with his recurve. Skiff if snow last night might be an active day on the scrapes.

27-Oct-20
Great photos of some real bruisers.

27-Oct-20
Awesome pics and thanks for sharing!

27-Oct-20

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo

27-Oct-20

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo

27-Oct-20
Thanks for sharing Rob! Someday hope to hunt up there!

27-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Boys saw lotsa deer and several new and different bucks today but no shooters in daylight. Dan says the droptine buck gets a little bigger-looking every day. :)

27-Oct-20
I’m waiting for the trail cam pic of a buck with the arrow passing through it, Rob! Good luck to your hunters!

28-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Not really up to speed on the whole moon phase thing does this look about right?

28-Oct-20
Great pictures Rob I see you are using the Cuddeback system how many cameras do you have linked and how do you like them Good luck Lewis

28-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Still old school cams with Sd’s. This guy showed up at Dan’s stand y’day a few minutes after legal time ended. Kinda narrow but a cool looking buck.

29-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
The older bucks have gone into their tunnels!! :) Lotsa night time only action happening. Hunters are seeing a load of younger bucks. Every possible rutting activity and vocalization have been on full display. Dan says a couple bucks did a terrible job of snort wheezing but some of em sound just like the TV hunters do. Both were in ground blinds yday due to wind switch and had bucks making scrapes within a few yards of them. They are staying positive and enjoying the show. Hope a big guy slips up sooner than later.

29-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Dan’s blind yday.

29-Oct-20
Looks like you have a great place to hunt. If we didn't have such great whitetails in Ohio I would see you guys soon

29-Oct-20
Awesome thread!

29-Oct-20
thanks for these updates. love at least keeping track.. Was supposed to fly out on the 14th of November so this is fun to see...

29-Oct-20
Sure wish you all could make it! And Ohio sure has monster bucks goiod luck!

29-Oct-20
Sure wish you all could make it! And Ohio sure has monster bucks goiod luck!

29-Oct-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Cams on scrapes are pretty cool.

31-Oct-20
I have been experiencing technical difficulties hope to post some pics soon. Brent shot a good looking buck yday at 10;30 AM: great shot went about 80 yards. Dan had 2 different shooter bucks in range the last 2 days but never got an arrow launched One got weirded out for no apparent reason other than "big guy sixth sense" and the other just never presented a good shot angle. He is back at it in a snowstorm this morning.

31-Oct-20
Must be tough for you to make a living this year. Hope you make it through the crisis.

TMBB

31-Oct-20
Thanks Too Many; definitely a rough year for this industry but hopefully next year is back to normal. I feel rally bad for folks that are new to the business or may be carrying big debt loads and have zero revenue. Also feel terrible for the clients who look forward to their trips up here so much. More than a few have told me " Robbie I pretty much live for coming up here!'

01-Nov-20

AlbertaTrad's embedded Photo
My first Saskatchewan buck
My first Saskatchewan buck
Had an AWESOME time at Rob Nye's camp (with Richard guiding) this past week. I hunt whitetails hard in my home province of Alberta and took a velvet buck in August so decided to try something different and hunt them over bait in Saskatchewan. I had heard and knew of Rob (husband of Rose Nye lol) thru his outdoor writings and postings on Bowsite so I contacted him about hunt availability. COVID has really made a mess of things and his operation was not immune to the effects. I made the trek from home to his camp Oct 23rd. We went for a quick tour of the area late that afternoon and I couldn't believe the amount of deer we were seeing. Definately not what I am used to around home - we have deer but not in these numbers. The next day I went with Richard and we checked some baits and stand sites - I was interested in seeing how things were done and to lend a hand in whatever needed to be done. Always enjoy that part of the experience. Rob and Richard had set the sites up to give me 12-15 yard shots for the recurve. Awesome set-ups!! I sat one spot Sat afternoon and all day Sunday. I seen deer but nothing of size even though there had been a potential shooter buck on camera in daylight hours. Rob suggested I try a ground blind in another spot that had a great buck showing up at night. I sat all day from just before dawn to just after dark (11 hours) for 4 days - this spot had so many deer and rutting behavior seemed to be ramping up daily that I hoped that sooner than later this buck would show himself. I passed a decent buck Monday afternoon and had another good one cruise thru at noon on Wed. Several afternoons in the matter of a few hours I had 20-25 deer in and around me. Just awesome seeing and watching them, their behaviors etc. Friday started out as the other mornings did - Richard dropping me off half hour before daylight and rebaiting. Deer coming in soon after he left. Deer moving through all morning. There was some snow and winds forecasted to start in the afternoon, the Full Moon was upon us, the rut ramping up. All good signs to get the deer moving and the bucks to start making mistakes. At 10:20 I heard some noise close to the blind and a deer rushed the bait, bumping off a lone doe who had been feeding there. From the corner of the blind window I could see horn and as he raised his head and took a few steps forward I could see the forked brow and large frame of the nighttime buck. I raised the recurve from my lap (where it stays so I am ready in an instance) and slowly moved it closer to the center of the open window. He snapped his head and looked directly at the blind. Have no idea what tipped him off. He swung his head and looked away for quick second and then back to stare in my direction. Then trotted across bait and past doe, swinging south and east stopping partially concealed. I thought my chance was over. But ......... the doe came back to the bait immediately. He stood for a long time and I thought if he settles down, gets distracted by that doe, that I might get another chance. He turned around, took a few more steps. Then some more. Looking towards the blind and then to the doe. Made a turn to the bait and put his back legs together and squatted. My odds are going up!! He started walking towards the bait and then made a rush at the bait and doe, pushing her off. When he started his rush I got the bow up and leaned forward to start my draw. As he stopped broadside at 15 yards and turned his head to look my way, I hit anchor and the arrow was gone. He started to drop but it hit just above the middle and behind the shoulder. He spun and tore out of there but I knew he was done. The 200 gr Samauri single bevel had done it's job. Within an hour Richard was there and after a short track job, we found this great buck in his final resting place. There is always a time of reflection and remorse for me in these moments. The taking of an animal's life. The role we play and what we are as "hunters". This great buck capped off an incredible week of hunting whitetails in a new location, using different tactics. Outstanding experience. Huge thanks to Rob and Richard for making it all happen.

01-Nov-20

another profile
another profile

01-Nov-20

01-Nov-20

What the deer are looking at
What the deer are looking at

01-Nov-20
Great buck Brent congrats!

01-Nov-20
Congrats on a great buck!

02-Nov-20
Awesome buck Brent! And to do it with a stick bow! Nice job man.

02-Nov-20
Congrats to the hunter great buck and great story Lewis

02-Nov-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Dan sat in this blind on Friday saw lotsa deer moving in the snow. Had a shooter come by but never got a giood shot opportunity.

02-Nov-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Deer’s eye view of the blind.

02-Nov-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
It was bound to happen sooner or later. This cow was fascinated by this deer scrape she hung around for several hours.

02-Nov-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Still the odd bruin wandering around.

02-Nov-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Last day hunt for Dan was in a double ladder stand. This buck showed up and Dan zipped an arrow thru both lungs. Date wrong on camera but time is right.

02-Nov-20

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

03-Nov-20
Nice buck!

03-Nov-20
Great buck love those big bodied Canadian bucks!

10-Nov-20
Rob, checking in..

• Sitka Gear