The last savage 06-Nov-20
WVFarrier 09-Nov-20
TRnCO 10-Nov-20
26-Oct-20

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo
(read in Monty Python voice)

26-Oct-20
That gets back to the other thread....real tough critters. However that kinda looks like a Photoshop?? I'm not seeing and ribs or spine.

26-Oct-20
I do not believe that's real. It's a perfectly cut out area with NO scuff's damage etc elsewhere. No blood dripping on fur, etc, etc. I saw the video the other day, nope. don't buy it.

Unless someone just hit high with a Rage, that's normal damage in that scenario... (see, even Rage shooters can laugh at ourselves in situations like this ha ha ha ha!)

26-Oct-20
There is a video of it. It looks real on the video when you see the insides moving but almost unbelievable that it wouldn’t be fatal. The description was something to the effect of getting clipped by a combine.

26-Oct-20

RIT's Link

26-Oct-20
It's from a video

26-Oct-20
It's a healing wound that sloughed I've seen similar injuries in livestock as a DVM of 35 years

26-Oct-20
Guess now we know where the void is

26-Oct-20
That video is amazing! Tough critters for sure!

26-Oct-20
After looking at the vid, I'm still not sure it's legit. Every deer I've butchered had the shoulder blade under the muscle. In the vid, you can clearly see the shoulder blade is visible and moving up and down. That tells me that cover muscle isn't there. If the muscle was ripped/cut off, I'd think the deer would be hobbled and not very mobile.

26-Oct-20

JL's Link
Edit added: Maybe it could be real. Here is more to the story.

26-Oct-20
When the buck first stops and looks at the camera, you can see the muscles twitch, that would be real hard to photoshop? wouldn't it? I am not an edit type guy but I think that would be hard to duplicate.

oz

26-Oct-20
Saw that video a couple days ago.

Was thinking that it might have been a lion.

Couple of buddies responded that it looked like maybe he was hit by a car and someone started cutting out the backstraps then the bucks came to and got away.

Might be a sloughing wound healing, as 4noltz pointed out.

Pretty gross looking and goes to show how much tougher critters are than we give them credit!

26-Oct-20
I think it is real. I cringed watching it. One of the most disturbing things I have seen since seeing a video hear of a partially eaten doe stand up.

26-Oct-20
I think a combine. Still shocked at that video. I would drop everything to try to put that buck down. I think I might even pick up a gun during bow season. If I was bowhunting and saw him go by in gun range but not bow shot I would feel terrible I could not put him down. I once had what was likely a buck that ha been hit by a car go under me. Bones sticking up pushing skin out etc. Hobbling. I had no buck tag left and was debating what to do. I decided to shoot him and he spotted me getting ready and I never got a shot. It haunted me and I vowed if I ever had that chance again I would not hesitate to put the deer down. There is blood on a tine too. Man that is disturbing to watch the video.

26-Oct-20
Young buck with lots of potential too, nature is tough. Going to be tough to maintain his body temp with that gaping hole. If infection doesn't get him winter will.

26-Oct-20
I believe it. Some years back we found a yearling with an aluminum arrow stuck in it's spine and broken off. The hole was enormus and probably four inches across. You could see that as the deer flexed, the shaft kept working the hole larger.

26-Oct-20
I think it is real also. Hopefully someone shoots that deer ASAP!

26-Oct-20
I think it's survivable if he doesn't get too run down by rut or Winter

26-Oct-20
To the OP. I have seen similar things in cattle when a big dose of Draxxin was given improperly. Is that what you mean by "healing wound sloughing off". Now it wasn't on the back, but on the front side of the shoulder where someone just glanced the shot off shoulder instead of subQ in the neck

26-Oct-20
Looks very real. Unbelievable animals!

26-Oct-20
Someone mentioned combine injury. That makes sense to me.

26-Oct-20
Looks real to me, it’s just a matter of time until that deer is dead.

26-Oct-20
M. Paul’s !!!! Great comment !

26-Oct-20
The wound sure looked pretty clean to me, but I don’t know how it could heal over without a skin graft.... And that big flap of loose skin acting like a pocket to collect whatever rain or debris should fall in.... WHAAAT??

The crazy thing is how normally he was moving. No Lat, no backstrap.... you’d expect him to be a lot more lop-sided. As in “half of his side has been lopped off”. Grim Humor LOL

I know deer get caught in combines, but it always amazes me that they are so accustomed to the machinery that they would hold tight for that long.

Kinda makes you wonder how many you’ve almost stepped on.

26-Oct-20
they just stay in the corn as the field gets combined every so smaller and that final pass those combines moving rather fast these day and have extremely bright light setups, deer hold tight and Bamm, everything comes to a halt......... time to cut another one out, its a mess.

26-Oct-20
Ha! I’d clean forgotten that the guys are out there after dark.

That’s not the way my Great Grandpa did it.... but the horses were probably pretty beat by sun-down anyway ;)

26-Oct-20
There's no way that could be photoshopped.

I suspect similar... either (almost) caught in a combine or he passed underneath something very sharp at a good clip. Leaning towards the latter. If it was from a combine It would probably suck other parts of him in not producing one long clean cut?? And the header would have had to be picked up quickly, or already raised to have avoided the deers lower extremities.

It would make sense if he was running and or coming down from a bound, passing underneath something sharp to produce a long incision like wound oriented vertically as it appears...

A vehicle hit would have probably imparted crippling impact damage so I don't see how that would be a likely scenario.

26-Oct-20
what the hell would have caused that?

26-Oct-20
I'm Treelines buddy who thought the redneck driving home hmmm there is a fresh hit and not enough gumption to take the whole deer but backstraps for dinner sound good HOOOOLYYYY BEJESSUS That thing is alive...nobody would ever believe it!!!!! but then this

26-Oct-20
The video of that redneck trying to cut out a backstrap and the deer coming to life would be insane!

26-Oct-20
That just grosses me out every time I watch it!

26-Oct-20
Combine sounds right, may die of the wounds eventually.

26-Oct-20
If he does survive????

Will his rack next year be just as extremely shocking as his wound????

26-Oct-20

26-Oct-20

26-Oct-20

27-Oct-20
Definitely not photoshopped. My guess is combine. Just a shocking video.

27-Oct-20
Why would anyone doubt its real?

27-Oct-20
4nolz: Just for the record, the Monty Python quote from that scene was.....

" 'Tis but a scratch.."

27-Oct-20
Both lines WW :)

https://youtu.be/-6VTci1Bunk

27-Oct-20
If it was hit by a car hard enough to knock it out the rack would be broken.

27-Oct-20
I’ve seen plenty of road kill deer with intact racks. The redneck backstrap theory sounds as credible as anything to me.

27-Oct-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

27-Oct-20
I cant say never. But I cant see anyway a corn head, row head, or even a sickle bar header could do that.

28-Oct-20
My son just sent me the video and it says it’s from Southern Illinois which is where I live. Never seen anything like that. I guess a combine could do something like that but I don’t see how the combine wouldn’t have picked up the whole deer like in JL pictures.

01-Nov-20
Lethal wound.

01-Nov-20
Everybody is overlooking the obvious answer to this. Somewhere out there, there are 2 things. 1) a wild boar runnin around missin one of his bacons. 2) a sasquatch that when told by his sasquatch buddies that he was screwed cuz his freezer went out, said “hold my beer”

02-Nov-20
Low flying F-35?

06-Nov-20
looks like someone skipped a Simmons Tree shark across his back..

09-Nov-20
The shoulder blade popping up and down adds credence

10-Nov-20
a dead deer walkin'

someone needs to put him out of his misery. If not, mother nature will surely do him in, eventually..

• Sitka Gear