Rut Nut 01-Nov-20
Rut Nut 01-Nov-20
LostNwoods 01-Nov-20
Rut Nut 01-Nov-20
Jack Whitmrie jr 02-Nov-20
Olink 02-Nov-20
LostNwoods 02-Nov-20
26-Oct-20
I am new to my area, and was wondering if anyone out there can give me a little extra info. I live along the Delaware river in East-central PA. To your knowledge when does the rut usually run in this area. I am about 15 miles south of Easton

Thanks

26-Oct-20
For the most researched information here is a link to the Penn State deer study blog. You can search here and find lots of information gathered from field work and radio collared deer.

To answer your question their research shows that the rut is the same time every year no matter the weather or moon phase.

Here is one link directly to the topic and a second to the main page.

https://www.deer.psu.edu/how-to-predict-the-rut/

https://www.deer.psu.edu/

26-Oct-20
this week they'll be seeking...get in a tree

26-Oct-20
What he said!

If not this week then definitely next week! If I remember correctly peak BREEDING date in Pa is Nov. 8, so you wanna be in the woods BEFORE then when the bucks are in the chase phase!

26-Oct-20
Thanks all

26-Oct-20
Halloween seems to be the kick off for seeing rut behavior in Western Pa.

26-Oct-20
Halloween - Veterans Day, every year...

01-Nov-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Well.................after the rain stopped on Wednesday (10/28) my buddy and I went out on his farm in Western Pa. at 9:30. In the first 2 hrs we saw 2 different bucks chasing doe about 70-80y out. Next day saw 2 other (different) bucks “trolling” for does(separately of course) and on Friday I shot this buck that I was able to coax away from the doe he was tending, with a few grunts from my grunt tube.

01-Nov-20
If you haven’t already, I would get your butt in a treestand tomorrow! ;-)

01-Nov-20
Suppose to be real windy on Monday....This week I start my vacation and not off to good start with the windy predictions. Im still going out no matter what. Anyone else still hunting with 40 mile hour gusts? The wind is steady in double digits all day.

01-Nov-20
High winds are a great day for stillhunting(Pun INtended ;-)..................into the wind! Good luck J!

02-Nov-20
We have the same wind here today, dangerous to be in the woods. I'm going to catch up on honey do's.

02-Nov-20
With all the dead ash trees, today is a good day to stay out of the woods. They will be coming down left and right.

02-Nov-20
Good thing we dont have the Ash Tree problem down here in 5C/5D. I was out and stayed till 9:30am. Just got a little too windy and bow almost popped off bow rest. So I said time to go. not one tail. Ya never know those bucks have the urge. Will be going back out 2ish.

• Sitka Gear