Inshart 28-Oct-20
t-roy 28-Oct-20
PECO 28-Oct-20
Backpack Hunter 28-Oct-20
Empty Freezer 28-Oct-20
Cornpone 29-Oct-20
Windlaker_1 29-Oct-20
28-Oct-20
Reading all the info on socks, heated insoles, etc.

I did a little searching on electric socks - there are a BUNCH of them.

Has anyone tried the electric socks? Any input on what works and what doesn't?

As others, my toes freeze (I am going to try the unscented Anti-perspirant idea) so any info is appreciated. Thanks.

28-Oct-20
The wife just ordered some socks from Ororo. Hopefully I’ll be able give you her assessment in a week.

28-Oct-20
Tried some in the 70's, inside some cheap rubber barn boots. (that's all I had). They didn't do much. I'm sure they have improved and would work well in better boots.

28-Oct-20
Testing

28-Oct-20
Im with big dog, when it warms up you can just take em out if you want or leave them in all day. I use the big ones in my sleeping bag too.. Toasty

29-Oct-20
Heatmax (Hothands) used to make what they called Foot Warmers. About 2"X3" non-adhesive, unlike their current adhesive toe warmers. They were great...had twice the chemical, got much warmer than their toe warmers and would last all day. I imagine their transition to the toe warmers was money driven.

29-Oct-20
I just got Ororo's this Fall. I've only used them one time. Temp was about 30 degrees. Had them on MEDIUM setting, and my toes were HOT. Had them inside Muck Boots. So far, so good, but it's only been one weekend.

• Sitka Gear