Nick Muche 28-Oct-20
IdyllwildArcher 28-Oct-20
Boreal 28-Oct-20
TEmbry 28-Oct-20
Tennhunter 28-Oct-20
BOWUNTR 28-Oct-20
TLowell02 01-Nov-20
28-Oct-20
As some of you know state of AK is requiring a negative covid test within 72 hours of arriving to AK. or proof of pending results. It also states that has to be a PCR test which if I understand takes 72 hours for results to come back. I will be landing in AK on the 11/6 and heading to Kodiak on the 7th. Not sure how to time it so that there is no delay. Does anybody have some experience with this type of situation? How should I handle? Thanks

28-Oct-20
Look up Bio gen dx. A company out of texas that we have used for these situations. Guaranteed results within 72 hours is their claim.

The PCR process takes only an hour or so, depending on the platform. The delays are mostly in processing.

28-Oct-20
Picture Genetics, order it, take it, send it back, get email a day later with results.

28-Oct-20
COVID PCR tests take 20 minutes to run. Different labs have different turn around times.

28-Oct-20
My results were e-mailed to me within a couple of hours. Fill out the form on the Alaska site and attach the results. When I arrived in Anchorage I showed them my drivers license at the covid table and went right through.

28-Oct-20
Most Walgreen's and CVS testing sites utilize a lab that would have a turn around quicker than 72 hours, and their sites are free for the test itself.

My pharmacy typically sees the results in 48-60 hours (tests are processed out of state so the major reason for delay is the logistics of shipping the samples out).

28-Oct-20
We went up in September got our tests done at local doctors office had to search a couple to find one who could have results back to us in 48 hrs then we had paper copies of our negative results which doesn’t matter paper or electronic but then you need to download it to the Alaska web site and have all information filed out. Once you arrive we flew into Fairbanks pretty sure Anchorage is same way you will want to sprint to the baggage claim area where you will show your completion of the online registration and I emphasis sprinting because it can take hrs if your stuck in line, but all in all we worried way to much one of the guys with us took wrong test (rapid) and had to state he was quarantining in the back country.

28-Oct-20
I had my test from CVS email return in less than 24 hours. Ed F

01-Nov-20
My wife and I also visited Alaska at the end of August. We live in the middle of nowhere so the only option for testing was the local hospital and wait for the results. We tested 72 hours before departure but the results were not returned until 120 hours. The key is to setup your profile within the Alaska travel portal and upload documentation you took the COVID test. That is what we did and while everyone else was standing in one line to show results we breezed through the other line because our information was already in their system.

• Sitka Gear