Kydeer1 29-Oct-20
kota-man 29-Oct-20
t-roy 29-Oct-20
kota-man 29-Oct-20
t-roy 29-Oct-20
standswittaknife 30-Oct-20
Mule Power 30-Oct-20
29-Oct-20
I realize there is a huge price difference in these two lines but I've been saving my money for some sitka outer gear. I hunt In southern Indiana temps and conditions range from 10 degrees all the way to 60 I'm pretty cold natured I usually walk into public ground anywhere from a half mile through rugged terrain like hills or swamps to a mile and a half using national forest trails then bushwhacking the last qtr mile. I regulate my temp walking in by taking my outer layer off and getting down to hunting pants and a long underwear top then putting things back on at the base of a tree and finally adding outer layer as I get cooled off in the stand. I have a pretty good base layer and am conscious of whicking away sweat when I purchase base layers. I want to be able to be comfortable and be able to pack this outerlayer in. Please give me your info on these two product lines. Thank you

29-Oct-20
Get the stratus and layer underneath...it is a very versatile garment. The incinerator is awesome but WAY too much for all but the coldest conditions.

29-Oct-20
I would not walk far in incinerator but I’d sit in anything with it. It’s tough to be too warm on stand

29-Oct-20
I just bought a stratus jacket , not a big fan . Wool is warmer and quite .

29-Oct-20
Unless the stratus line has changed, it's nothing but a wind proof shell. No way I would waste my money on it knowing I had to add the insulation pieces as well. The fanatic set is made for exactly what you want.

Maybe sitka needs to step up and put out a video better explaining the different lines. Way to many threads being posted with folks not understanding the different sets.

29-Oct-20
The fanatic is what you’re after. I regularly walk in with a heavy pack (lunch, thermos, stand and sticks and gear) for over a half mile and don’t sweat. I open the side zips wide open on the bibs and go sweater only on top. Parka is in my pack. Then I set up the stand like that and once I’m in the stand I’ll throw the parka on. It amazes me at how versatile this set is, in that I can be comfortable in -20C but also wear it at freezing point and not be boiling up. Besides all that, it’s laid out nicely and is a quiet garment. For one size fits all, I would take fanatic over stratus or incinerator and day of the week.

29-Oct-20
Scrappy, there's just so many options even if they did have videos I'd probably still be here asking opinions. In my opinion there's too much real world knowledge here to pass up. Plus you never know when you'll just end up watching a commercial rather than getting the info you want. Plus if you're going to spend that much money you might as well get as much info as you can.

29-Oct-20
Another Fanactic fan, but i also have the Stratus vest to keep the wind off my core.

29-Oct-20
ahawkeye i agree with you about the commercial. By the end of it they would have you convinced you need all three sets:)

29-Oct-20
I have the stratus and fanatic. I like both. The stratus is ideal for this time of year but the fanatic will be broken out soon.

29-Oct-20
I have the stratus and fanatic. As I get older I get colder. You would want the fanatic below 40 degrees.

29-Oct-20
I have the Fanatic and the Stratus. For stand hunting, the Fanatic rules. However, if you're stalking around a bit, or trailing a hit animal, the angled zipper (awesome in the stand) sucks for ground navigation and venting heat.

The Stratus is not as warm as the Fanatic. For ground moving, its much better. I'll also point out that I don't have new models, mine are both a few years old and were bought as previous years models.

29-Oct-20
Another Fanatic guy here. The temp window that something like a Stratus is ideal for sitting at is minimal at best. If you're layering heavy under it then that is the same as just wearing the Fanatic. I've been wearing my Fanatic here in Manitoba as our temps have been well below freezing for a couple weeks already and will use it through the end of Nov. I have a stratus jacket because I got it on a blowout for under a $100, but I never even wore it. I use it for kicking around the yard mostly. I just don't like the cut of it that much. Fanatic is such a useful piece.

29-Oct-20
Fanatic jacket. Stratus pants.

29-Oct-20
I personally like the fanatic jacket with incinerator bibs. Layer underneath the jacket if I need to.

29-Oct-20
Time for a “cold weather clothing review thread”...Stay tuned...

29-Oct-20
You need your own YouTube channel, Kota!

29-Oct-20
T-Roy... I have a better “face” for radio. That’s why I don’t film hunts or gear reviews. ;)

29-Oct-20
Good point ;-)

30-Oct-20
Need to check out “huntoftheday” today for the Stratus

30-Oct-20
I love my Incinerator. To me when it comes to staying warm while sitting you can’t overdo it and that jacket is the next best thing to a Heater Body Suit. I bought one size big. I don’t like restrictions on movement in tighter jackets. If I put a Kelvin vest under it I’m bulletproof. If it’s absolutely bone chilling and windy out I’ll put a puffy under it. Then I’m bomb proof. Can’t shoot if you’re cold!

• Sitka Gear