fastflight 31-Oct-20
WV Mountaineer 31-Oct-20
Grubby 31-Oct-20
TJS 31-Oct-20
Bowfreak 31-Oct-20
BowHiker 31-Oct-20
29-Oct-20

Destroyer350's Link
Just finished watching Randy's latest Wyoming Deer hunt series on YouTube and wow!! With deer season right around the corner I figured some guys on here would like to check it out. I think this might be the my favorite series he's ever put out. Randy, Beau and Lorenzo are class act guys.

29-Oct-20
Completely agree. Just love his series and this one is great. Many prayers for Beau.

29-Oct-20
Great series. I loved the “grumbling”.

Also, if I was that camera guy I would have stolen a llama and handed it off to the incoming camera guy! He had a lot of gear on his back. Would have been nice to utilize one of those llamas!

29-Oct-20
Great series. I loved the “grumbling”.

Also, if I was that camera guy I would have stolen a llama and handed it off to the incoming camera guy! He had a lot of gear on his back. Would have been nice to utilize one of those llamas!

29-Oct-20
x2 John. He's turning into his Uncle Larry :)

30-Oct-20
Thanks guys . Glad you liked it. It was one of the more remarkable hunts I've had.

To spend it with Beau and Lorenzo was special. At this point in my life, sharing camps with people who are family and close friends is very important. To luck out and have the success we found on this hunt was more than I could ask.

I cannot explain how sick Beau was, due to his cancer treatments. How he made it to camp is still a mystery. You see at times he is not in the story. Those times he is too sick to get out of bed. Not sure how many hunters could hike in nine miles, climb all the elevation, and do it while dealing with the side effects of experimental cancer treatment. We did our best to keep a close eye on him, but he would insist that we go and hunt at times he stayed in the tent.

When I told him how remarkable it was that he could do this hunt in the midst of these treatments and have a smile on his face, he remarked, "There are three passions in life that can get me this wound up; my God, my family, and high country mule deer." Enough said.

In full disclosure, when I shot my deer, we thought he was stone dead the way he hung up in the sage. He was spine hit about three inches right of where I had hoped. When we walked up to him, follow up was required. We don't film those parts, as nothing good for the image of hunting comes of showing a finishing shot on a mortally hit animal. Some have remarked about the quality of the shot and it was the limits of my talents, just not as precise as we had thought when you see our reaction on film.

I hope all of you get to spend a camp with special people and make the memories that will last a lifetime.

30-Oct-20
Great watch! Thanks for sharing your adventures Randy. Even enjoyed your 5 alarm chili episode haha.

30-Oct-20
I too enjoyed watching that series. When I was in Wyoming this year, we ran into a couple of mule deer hunters who said they saw some guys going in with a bunch of lamas. Didn't say where exactly but I immediately thought of you Randy. Im glad you guys were successful.

30-Oct-20
As always, a pleasure to watch your films.

31-Oct-20
Just finished it up.. hope beau is doing better.. really enjoy his passion and wish him the best..

31-Oct-20
Beau seems like a great guy. Really hope his health comes around. I am sure he has some tough battles coming and that trip will help him get thru it. Your a good friend Randy.

31-Oct-20
I watched it and loved it.

John, I got a kick out of the grumbling narration too. Reminded me of my dad years ago and made the realization of me becoming just like that, ever more real. I find myself doing the same thing out of frustration when I can’t do what I used too. Getting older is tough sometimes.

Regarding Beau, he’s gotta be the toughest human on the planet. I’ve been there in his shoes and there is absolutely zero chance I’d even think about going. Much less being able to do all the physical stuff that went with that hunt. It’s a great series for sure. But, the best part was it reminded me to pray for Beau again. I once again will pray God gives the man a complete healing.

31-Oct-20
I’ve never watched a Randy Newberg video I didn’t enjoy.

31-Oct-20
Thanks to Randy for the information and entertainment. I've enjoyed your presentations I've seen so far.

31-Oct-20
I've been praying for Beau. A guy like him needs more time on this earth because of the impact he has on others. When Jesus talked about salt, he was talking about guys like Beau.

31-Oct-20
Fantastic as always! You are a true ambassador for all of us with hunting in our blood. Prayers for Beau, and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

• Sitka Gear