djb 03-Nov-20
Iowabowhunter 03-Nov-20
djb 03-Nov-20
DEMO-Bowhunter 03-Nov-20
Scrappy 03-Nov-20
Scrappy 17-Nov-20
03-Nov-20
Anyone tried these?

https://www.campsaver.com/western-mountaineering-expedition-gore-windstopper-booties-mens.html

Have the arctic shield boot covers-they are ok. Not the warmest.

03-Nov-20
I use the western mountaineering standard down bootie and put them in a pair of arctic shield boot covers. I have used them for all day sits in cold weather in MN and the UP of MI and my feet stay very warm. I wear a pair of light boots to my stand and switch to the bootie when I get there.

03-Nov-20
Djb-sounds like you take your boots off?

03-Nov-20
I take the boots off that I wear to stand and put the booties on.

03-Nov-20
I have used the feathered friends version of these and they are great. I wear my rubber boots to the stand and then change to the down before I climb in. I have wore just the down on a few hunts when I have a short hike and know the path doesn't have a high risk of getting busted by deer on the way in.

I have wore them in some pretty cold temps and my feet have stayed warm. If you added a hand warmer, your feet might roast. Love mine when the temps start dropping.

03-Nov-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
I just got a pair of these to try with my artic shields. Glad to see im not the only one thinking along these lines. The reason I chose these were the synthetic insulation due to how much my feet sweat in the artic shields and they were only 29 bucks off Amazon

17-Nov-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
The baffins in the above post were not sufficient last friday with the temp around 18 degrees at daylight. My feet didn't freeze but any temps lower would have been a complete failure. Just ordered a pair of western mountaineering booties from Amazon

• Sitka Gear