sitO 06-Nov-20
greenmountain 07-Nov-20
Lee 07-Nov-20
Lost Arra 08-Nov-20
wytex 08-Nov-20
06-Nov-20
Score Me
Score Me
Would like to know the age of this deer. Looked on several charts but I still can tell. Any experts out there regarding aging whitetail?

06-Nov-20
114 weeks

06-Nov-20
you need to look at both sides and most importantly the top view to get an accurate guess

06-Nov-20

c5ken's embedded Photo
c5ken's embedded Photo
Sorry about the picture in the tractor bucket.

06-Nov-20

c5ken's embedded Photo
c5ken's embedded Photo
Oops... No picture

06-Nov-20
What KYDEER1. Need top view along with right and left sides.

06-Nov-20
Send'm in to one of those companies that charges you $50 to get within 10yrs

07-Nov-20
The best way is to have an incisor sectioned. The second best is to visit your state deer biologist. Tooth wear varies by habitat type. A visit with a biologist has always been a pleasant experience for me.

07-Nov-20
Need to see the tops of the molars - can’t tell from the side view you provided.

Nice buck!

Lee

08-Nov-20
Tooth replacement is pretty accurate (fawn, yearling, adult). As greenmountain mentioned tooth wear on deer older than 2 1/2 can be variable depending on diet and environment but local biologists can usually sort it out. The older they get the less accurate tooth wear becomes.

08-Nov-20
You age based on wear on the lingual side of the molars, tongue. If it was taken in a state with good seasonal weather changes then the annuli can be used to age it. Wyoming G&F tooth aging lab is the best in the country, they have been proven right by comparing known aged deer to their teeth. Read the disclaimer here : https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Tooth-Aging#biggame

• Sitka Gear