Ollie 09-Nov-20
Brant22 09-Nov-20
LesWelch 10-Nov-20
Thunderhawk 10-Nov-20
Shawn 11-Nov-20
ahunter76 11-Nov-20
elash 11-Nov-20
08-Nov-20
I'm obviously not looking for anyone's honey hole, but more looking for a region to start looking at. I'm in western NY so a weekend drive isn't really an option. Thanks in advance

08-Nov-20
“I’m not looking for anyone’s honey hope, but I’d sure take it if you tell me”

There. I fixed it for ya.

08-Nov-20
Actually no id like to get as far from people as I can.

08-Nov-20
Do your research and stay away from the Counties (Decatur, Clarke, Warren) that were devastated with EHD last year. I’m seeing 80% fewer deer than 3 years ago. It’s been brutal.

09-Nov-20
Just Google Iowa public land and you will find almost anything you need. Check out the hunting public on YouTube they do all there Iowa hunts from public land

09-Nov-20
There are some very good deer on Iowa public land but you must do your homework to find those places as Iowa has very limited public hunting lands. Good luck.

09-Nov-20
Thank you guys.

10-Nov-20
??

10-Nov-20
I run the Iowa river. Lots of room. You need a boat and a 6hp. Send me a pm, glad to help out

11-Nov-20
Pick a zone to draw first than figure on where your hunting. I have been here 14 days today and killed a decent buck late last week. Hunting was tough 77-80 degrees and lows in the 50 and 60s. As people have said go online and look. Iowa Atlas public land is awesome. Shawn

11-Nov-20
Western Ia. look into Loess Hills (the Mountains of Iowa) Large & rugged. I have friends out there that kill good ones on a regular basis. N.E.. near Wisconsin border. State Forest & counties with largest allotments for Doe tags. S. Central has good numbers & seems everyone wants to go there but check out the EHD statistics. I have no idea what the zones are being a resident. I've bowhunted 15 states & 95% DIY, Public. Never dissapointed.. I suggest you "look" into Wisconsin if your thinking about travel as it's "still" my favorite for Whitetails even though home state is Ill & now live in Ia on the border (I can walk to the Mississippi river in 15 min). No draw (yet anyway) & many National Forests. I like Mid state & N. to Ws/Mi border. Good numbers in most areas but Wolves in different areas.. My son just bought land 5 hrs over Ill border & said more Deer sign than he has ever seen in his life (mid state).

11-Nov-20
Hawkeye Public area NW of Iowa City would be where I'd go. Lived in IA 40 years, business was in Iowa City. River systems are a good bet in IA.

• Sitka Gear