Barty1970 09-Nov-20
Ucsdryder 09-Nov-20
Kurt 09-Nov-20
Shuteye 09-Nov-20
Brotsky 09-Nov-20
Barty1970 09-Nov-20
Barty1970 22-Nov-20
09-Nov-20
I recently bought a Prime Black 3 and noticed it was louder than expected when I'd make the shot. I would be interested to hear how folks quieten their own Black 3 bows. Many thanks in advance

09-Nov-20
I have a black 3. I’ve been told by strangers it’s very quiet. I shoot a heavy arrow at ~275fps. A heavy arrow will always quiet down a bow. In my experience a noisy bow is often an out of tune bow. Check your BH, ATA, cam sync, and draw stops and make sure everything is in time.

09-Nov-20
Looking at the photos of the Black 3, I'd suggest adding a silencer to the string stop and to run the stop in so there is 1/16" clearance off the string at rest. I used an old used Simms limb button style limb silencer (drilled a hole thru it slightly smaller than the string stop rod) I had in my "junk drawer" but you can buy cable string stop rod silencers. I position the silencer about 1" from the riser.

I also really like to put a pair of X-factor string silencers (https://www.xfactoroutdoors.com/product-page/string-factor) on the yoke cables 1/2 way between the cams and the doughnut. They span both sides of the yoke and have held up very well for me.

My recommendations are made based on shooting a Prime Rival (a pair of them actually) for the past 5 seasons. These items (plus the cable guard silencer that is already on your Black 3 and Cat Whiskers on the string) quieted the Rival down and I haven't had issues with string jumping. PM a number to text to if you want photos of my silencers. Good luck!

09-Nov-20
I noticed that my bow is much quieter if I take out my hearing aid.

09-Nov-20
Get a Cool Hand Luke string stop from Luke Gampe. You can find him on that other archery site.

09-Nov-20
Many thanks for the replies so far; very much appreciated

22-Nov-20
I've moved the string stop to 1/16" from the string and have also ordered some Monkey Tail string silencers

• Sitka Gear