Back at stand 1 today. Hoping the weather cooperates for the afternoon

12-Nov-20
Breeze is picking up but it is in my favor. Conditions are good for now

12-Nov-20
GL

12-Nov-20
Good luck out there hope you get one

12-Nov-20
Good luck. It's raining here in Northwest Connecticut right now, very lightly but it made up my mind not to get out. I hope you get one.

12-Nov-20
Good luck .. I decided the bow is hung up till after private gun. I have a two shooter bucks I’m looking for I would love to take one of them .

12-Nov-20
Holy crap. Had big buck come in about 2 hrs ago got to 30 but no clear shot. He moves off to 50 yrds and Bess down facing me. About a half hr later a small doe shows up he starts to follow her and they start back towards me. Then another buck shows up. Doe got to 15 but I had both bucks looking at me. No shots but an amazing 2 hrs

12-Nov-20
Are you allowed to kill two bucks in CT? Keep your two year streak of killing a deer every time you go out going!

12-Nov-20
Exciting!

12-Nov-20
Just had a spike come in. No shot though

12-Nov-20
Starting to get a few sprinkles

12-Nov-20
Awesome

12-Nov-20
Hit good buck 2 Nd shot missed he went across river got to find place to cross

12-Nov-20
Good luck, hope you find him.

12-Nov-20
Good luck. Let us know if you need help.

12-Nov-20
Deja vu all over again! Hope it turns out like your last one!

12-Nov-20
Ok deep officer will be here in 30 to 40 min. So after the spike came I see a doe and she beds near where the buck bedded. Watching her and I see movement to my left it is another big buck. He starts following the doe. After 15 min or so all of a sudden two does run out. The buck chases them. One boogies and the other doe circles around. The buck follows the one circling to my right. She takes off and he continues and circles behind me. I took a shot at 20 yards he circles again more to my right and I knock another arrow and take a second shot that missed underneath he spooked and ran across the river there’s a big blood patch where the second arrow was shot about the size of a car seat

12-Nov-20
The only problem is it is starting to rain when the deer went into the water I can see blood in the water so I believe he is probably dead already keeping my fingers crossed will let you go guys know how I make out

12-Nov-20
What is a deep officer and why does he need to be there?

12-Nov-20
GL Bud!!!..

Jmc.. DEEP, our version of environmental cops..its a good idea to call them when the deer run off the property you have permission to hunt on..especially when hunting tight quarters

12-Nov-20

Garbanzo's embedded Photo
At the butcher
At the butcher
Sorry for the delay, but my phone ran out of battery. First of all Special Thanks to DEEP Officer Liam O'Brian for helping me recover and drag out the deer over two miles. The Afternoon was wild. Today I saw 4 Bucks (3 big and a spike) and 3 does in 4 hours. This last encounter, I saw the doe but no shot. She bedded down almost where the buck did earlier today. So here I am again holding my bow and standing up because they are only 40to 50 yrds away. I see movement and it is a big buck, the doe gets up and he follows her into some this stuff. All of a sudden two does come running out with the buck in pursuit. One doe boogies and the second circles around back to the thick stuff. the buck follows but she pulls a u turn and boogies, he keeps his path and ends up circling behind me. I knew there were good shooting lanes and I hit him at about 18 yards. He ran about 20 yrds stumbled a bit, the came into a second shooting lane. I shot under him and he spun around and bounded across the river. Tried to find a path across but ended up with water in my boots and wet pants. Walked out and called Deep. We ended up in the old Wallingford landfill. Using google maps we estimated where we were and cut thru some really thick crap to get to the river.. I was looking for blood and trying to familiarize myself, but it was hard in the dark. Just about to determine we were in the wrong spot, I took one second look and there he was.

12-Nov-20
Nice season!

13-Nov-20
Deer gods are smiling on you..congrats!!!!..Liam's a good dude, as are all the deep guys.. ;). met him a few times in danbury..

13-Nov-20
Awesome

13-Nov-20
Excellent effort all around. Great story, great buck, great use of DEEP ECON. I wish some of your skill/luck/finesse could be sent my way. Congrats on 2 great hunts and 2 great bucks.

13-Nov-20
Wow, thanks for the sharing the hunt, great story and better ending. Congrats on a nice deer!!

13-Nov-20
Nice buck and thanks for sharing the hunt and to a happy ending!

13-Nov-20
Awesome! Congratulations man - that's a great deer and a really cool hunt.

13-Nov-20
Awesome man

13-Nov-20
Congrats on a great buck!

13-Nov-20
Awesome. Congrats

13-Nov-20
Congrats Mike, glad you found him. Nice buck.

• Sitka Gear