Bowfreak 08-Dec-20
TrapperKayak 08-Dec-20
Jeff Durnell 08-Dec-20
Rut Nut 08-Dec-20
Grey Ghost 08-Dec-20
Shuteye 09-Dec-20
elkmtngear 09-Dec-20
13-Nov-20
I have live traps out to catch raccoons baited with rotting tunafish. Recently I have caught 2 rabbits! This has never happened before and I found it odd.

13-Nov-20
Rabbits and squirrels will both eat meat.

13-Nov-20
Thanks for the tip... My dad has been trying to cage trap rabbits out of his yard but just keeps catching squirrels with apples... Will tell him about the tuna fish and see how it goes...

13-Nov-20
is there a salty element to the tuna ?

13-Nov-20
Didn't anybody here watch Monty Python?!

~C

13-Nov-20
Huge Teeth!

13-Nov-20
Holy Grail! Ha.

anyone who has raised mice knows they are vicious, if you forget to feed them the mom will eat the babies.

13-Nov-20
Look at the bones!!!

13-Nov-20
Actually rabbits prefer filet mignon, but a hungry one might eat tuna, especially if he’s trying to lose weight.

13-Nov-20
My guess would be the salt content.

13-Nov-20

Cut2Kill's Link
"Oh go chop its head off"

13-Nov-20
Rabbit will eat their own young.

13-Nov-20
Watership Downs comes to life.

14-Nov-20
Anyone that’s had chickens knows they will eat anything. I haven’t tried feeding them tuna but they eat mice, toads abs dog poop on a regular basis.

14-Nov-20
Use those little individual cat food packs, way cheaper than tuna and stinks more.

14-Nov-20
JusPassin good idea! What is odd is I caught 2 this year in the same place where I have never caught one in the past 5 years. Also unlike coons they did not eat the tuna. Didn't even knock it over.

14-Nov-20
Best coon bait is marshmellows and grape jelly... Caught literally dozens of coon using this cat proof bait... Used to be licensed DNR nuisance trapper and had a guy want me to rid coon getting in his cat food... Caught 23 coon and 4 opossum using that bait and never once caught one of his cats... Cats wont touch it...

Get one of those small clear plastic containers (macaroni/potato salad containers) grab a few marshmellows, squeese atop grape jelly and mix.... Drop a couple 2, 3, or 4 trailing to the cage and slide the container back of the trigger...

07-Dec-20
I've seen hares come in and eat meat at bear bait in Quebec almost daily.

07-Dec-20
We have rabbits mixed in with kittens in the barn and the rabbits eat cat food all the time. I 2nd they will eat their young that’s happened to us a few times.

I use chicken eggs when trapping raccoons. If I put a single egg in the back of a trap I’ll usually have a coon in 24 hours. These of course are conditioned to come to our barn for eggs and cat food.

07-Dec-20
It is now impossible for my brain to not read the thread title as "Coronavirus rabbits".

07-Dec-20
Sacred Hand Grenade of Antiarc ought to do it, just count 1, 2, 4 no 3 my Lord,,,

07-Dec-20
Am curious how the trapping is going Don and if you tried the jelly marshmellows?

08-Dec-20
I used to trap coons that would eat the cat food. I have caught my cats a couple of times baiting with marshmallows.

08-Dec-20
Bowfreak, your cats trap?

08-Dec-20
I once watched a wild cottontail rabbit kill a medium size snake. I don't know how long the battle had been going on when I found them, but I watched for about 10 minutes, the snake was mostly a goner, but you know how they keep moving for a while after? Well the rabbit thought that meant he was still fighting back, so it kept biting, grabbing and flipping it into the air until it quit moving altogether. That rabbit was moving like a mongoose and really messed it up. I left, and just assumed it was a female protecting a nest of young, but maybe it intended to eat it. I should have stuck around a bit longer to find out.

08-Dec-20
LMBO Midwest! I was trying to figure out what trapping rabbits had to do with the virus! ;-)

I must have read it 5 or 6 times at least...........................................................

08-Dec-20
My father raised domestic rabbits for meat. Every once in a while he'd get a breeder doe that would eat her litters. She'd end up in the crock pot.

Matt

09-Dec-20
My neighbor had a problem with coons digging up her flower garden. I put a live trap up there and baited it with apples since they have cats. I caught five coons in a few days. If I used tuna the trap would of had a cat before I got home. Also caught a young red fox too, they like apples. Apples also will catch possums and rabbits. I call a friend from another state and he picks up the coons. He uses them to train his coon hound puppies.

09-Dec-20

• Sitka Gear