MA-PAdeerslayer 17-Nov-20
drslyr 17-Nov-20
16-Nov-20
6:50 AM LIVE from Ma*
Live from NY its Monday morning!

16-Nov-20

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
Jumped a deer in the dark right under the stand walkin in. And this one keeps torturing me. 2 nights in a row now!

16-Nov-20
Today's your day, drslyr. One of those bucks is going to come a little to close to you.

* fingers crossed *

16-Nov-20
Good luck drslyr your persistence will payoff!

16-Nov-20
Keep at it Drslyr - pulling for you man!

16-Nov-20
It's gonna happen any minute slyr.

16-Nov-20
See any

16-Nov-20
Good luck drslyr your persistence will payoff!

16-Nov-20
Must have been a bad day? Don’t worry I only jumped one no deer seen in morning or eve.

16-Nov-20
I am defeated. Day after day after day of no day deer movement has worn me down. We left the NY camp deerless. Not that we didn't have some oppurtunities early on. We each passed on 6 or 7 deer each. Just not what we wanted to shoot. We had 6 to 8 shooters that just disappeared. On the trip home today I counted over 20 dead deer on the highway. We have one last chance as Saturday is opening of rifle season. I am a bowhunter first and foremost but I will hunt with all weapons. The gun season can be wild as lots of the neighbors drive deer. One can come from any direction at any time! I will hunt a few days here in deerless western ma. till we head back up for gun!

16-Nov-20
Still have late bow. But thats hunting , especially with the bow. Is not easy, but you put your time and effort in. Persistence will pay off. Enjoyed following your hunts.

16-Nov-20
Being free to hunt anytime you want is awesome and exhausting. I have hunted almost everyday for almost 46 days. When I was working I remember using my vacation time and being happy to go back to work so I could rest. I was younger then and not as wounded as I am today. I will continue but the total lack of deer sightings after many days of almost all day sits has almost extinguished the flame.

17-Nov-20
Facing the same thing in NY, but I have not even had a shot to pass up. You're 6 or 7 up on me... Hope you score b4 Sat. Be careful out there Sat., it can be downright dangerous on the southern tier gun opener.

17-Nov-20
Yes i know trapper ive been hunting in Stueben county for 30 yrs

17-Nov-20
That is a lot of hunting. And it does wear on you, more so when your not seeing anything,or very little. It wears on you mentally and physically. But i commend you for sticking with it. Good luck to you on saturday opener!

17-Nov-20
Everyday for 46 days! Amazing.

17-Nov-20
It has to be grinding on you. It’s grinding on us just watching the persistence and results you are having.

17-Nov-20
You seem to “jump” a lot of deer.. Maybe it is time for an honest evaluation of stand access/exit and maybe even location.

17-Nov-20
Rit the only way to hunt the property we hunt without bumping jumping or whatever you wanna call it would be to either be sent to your stand by the star trek transporter and materialize or not hunt it.

17-Nov-20
Plenty of places like that drslyr. I have places. I constantly jump em. During bow their safe. Shotgun they usually eat a slug haha. But I’m sure after 30 years your not so worried and you’ve killed your share after jumping a few.

17-Nov-20
I killed the biggest deer of my life with a rifle last yr. on our hunting property. The neighbors put on a drive and pushed it into me. Whats cool a bout it was I had trail cam video of him beatin up on other bucks right in front of the cam.

• Sitka Gear