12yards 20-Nov-20
dizzydctr 20-Nov-20
midwest 20-Nov-20
12yards 20-Nov-20
midwest 20-Nov-20
midwest 20-Nov-20
12yards 20-Nov-20
16-Nov-20
After reading here about the benefits, I decided to make the switch.

This is my second year using a Black Diamond RC harness.

Love it, what took me so long??

Comfortable, and the harness and tether isn't in my way.

Just thinking out loud..

16-Nov-20
Yup, made the switch several years ago. Only regret is not doing it sooner. Blackdiamond alpine bod for me.

16-Nov-20
First year with the Blackdiamond Alpine Bod for me and only regret is not switching sooner.

Thanks to the fellas here who shared info. on using a climbing harness for hunting.

16-Nov-20
Yep, made the switch this year, love it. I screwed up on a buck a couple years ago because the body harness strap did not allow me to bend at the waist enough. Did not like that!!!

16-Nov-20
I have been using a Guido's web saddle since 2010. I still use a lok-on as well when i am on private and can leave it up.

16-Nov-20
About 6 or 7 years for me, wouldn't even consider going back.

16-Nov-20
Then after that you move to a saddle and think - what took me so long?? ;)

16-Nov-20
You 1 sticking yet, Adam? ;-)

17-Nov-20
RCH cult, in the pejorative sense.

Just thinking out loud.......

17-Nov-20
Where are you guys running the rope from the rock climbing harness to the tree?

Just going around the waist to the trunk behind? Using a personal anchor? I have a black diamond harness but haven’t set it up for the tree yet!

17-Nov-20
I just got a rope harness with a prusik knot tied in it with a carabiner to connect to the harness. If I'm facing forward I lengthen the prusik and let it hang to my side or if I want to face the tree and sit back I shorten it. Slicker than S#@!

17-Nov-20
I use some climbing webbing for my tether. It attaches to my harness with a climbing figure 8 knot. At the other end of tether is a prusik (for shorting or lengthing ) with my carabiner that either attaches to a lifeline or it can wrap around a tree and attach to itself. FYI Throw a knot on the end of that tether so prusik can never slide off. 30 years ago I would climb a tree and sit on a branch and rappel down when done. Not anymore! Ah Memories

17-Nov-20
I will add, it was not just any rope, it is a rope system made for a harness. Don't just use any rope, learn how to make the correct one or buy one.

18-Nov-20
I think I might need to try one of these. I'm due for a new harness anyways. I have arthritic shoulders and the traditional hunting harnesses that go over the shoulders bind up my shoulders and impact drawing and holding my bow, especially when bundled up with warmer clothing. I think a shoulderless harness might be better in this regard.

19-Nov-20
RC for me for the last 5 years. Just wish someone would make one that came with lineman's loops.

20-Nov-20

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
Tracker, isn't that what these are?

20-Nov-20
12yards, not lineman's loops on the harness you have pictured. They are for gear only and not rated to take weight. I've actually been thinking of removing the rear loops from my Blackdiamond Alpine Bod harness as I never use them for anything. I like the side loops for clipping my tether line to while walking to/from my stand location.

20-Nov-20
Shoot! Yeah, I need linesman's loops for sure. I rely on them to hang and hunt.

20-Nov-20
I bought the X-Ben that comes with linesman loops in the front and on each side. Have used it this season for the first time and am happy with it.

20-Nov-20
Pretty easy to DIY some lineman loops on your RCH.

20-Nov-20
I'm all ears midwest. Can you give me a simple method to do so or some ideas? My wheels are already turning.

20-Nov-20
I made some from climbing rated tubular webbing and sewed them on to my Black Diamond Alpine Bod. I'll post a pic when I'm home later. I have a sewing machine but you could use a Speedy Stitcher or Awl for All.

There are other methods on YouTube that don't require any sewing at all.

BTW, the BD Alpine Bod is on sale several places for around $35. Super simple and lightweight design that works great for treestand hunting.

20-Nov-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I ran a piece of 9mm climbing rope inside the loop of tubular webbing to add stiffness and keep the loop open.

20-Nov-20
Awesome! Thank you!

• Sitka Gear