non-typical 16-Nov-20
Bwana 16-Nov-20
APauls 16-Nov-20
Grey Ghost 16-Nov-20
LINK 17-Nov-20
JohnMC 17-Nov-20
BigOzzie 17-Nov-20
16-Nov-20
Soo a buck I been watching out of my living room window has been around all summer and then disappeared like the ghosts they are. I have several hundred pics of him (he’s Atleast 16 points) from summer all the way till now really. He was gone for a few weeks then he would show up on a camera. Then he’s gone again. Well 3 days ago I got him on a scrape with a cell camera and since then Iv seen him in the field at night frequently. Well today going in, I booted that deer and he got my wind. I was on my wheeler when he booted. He has been with 2 doe for the last 3 days and they were with him. Question is now is what should I do? Go back where I booted him or keep searching? Thanks

16-Nov-20
You are going to have to explain your definition of booted? Did he smell you?

16-Nov-20
You did the booting it sounds like. Go get him while he’s preoccupied

16-Nov-20
If he's with does this time of year, I'd be hunting near their preferred food source.

16-Nov-20
In my not so professional opinion. Loose the quad unless it’s for game retrieval. Makes a huge difference on the properties I hunt

16-Nov-20
Yea they were directly down wind of me. I wasn’t even planning hunting anywhere near where I booted it that’s why I took the wheeler. I hear a deer jump I stood up and saw him bound off with the 2 doe and run away from me.

16-Nov-20
He'll be back

16-Nov-20
Pressure is pressure to a deer, they don’t know your intentions, they just know you’re there. So unless it’s a large property, you always enter and leave just like you intend to hunt if it’s anywhere close to hunting season. I live on the S side of my 80 acres. Unless the wind is blowing from the N I won’t enter my hunting area for any purpose and my primary stand is only 300 yards or so from my back door.

As to what you should do now, just hunt the best spot you have and go to it in the smartest manner. That’s my two cents.

16-Nov-20
How big is your property? Is the 4-wheeler necessary to get to your stands?

Matt

16-Nov-20
Grey ghost no not really needed but I was going to be set up 1/4 mile from where I parked soo I wasn’t figuring I’d mess much up. The buck was bedding in a very unusual spot as they do so much this time of year but lesson learned!

16-Nov-20
He'll be back

16-Nov-20
He’ll be with the hot does. Find them you find him. Knowing where you kicked him it’s prob where those 2 does hang out. At least for the next day anyways

16-Nov-20
Personally, I'd leave the 4-wheeler in the barn, and hunt the best food source you have.

In my neck of the woods, the wildlife react to the sound of a 4-wheeler from a mile away. A regular pickup doesn't spook them nearly as bad.

It sounds like an e-bike might be in your future. ;-)

Matt

17-Nov-20
He’ll be back

17-Nov-20
Ghost you ever get hurt in that ebike ? ;)

17-Nov-20
He isn't going anywhere if the does don't go anywhere, Patience

• Sitka Gear