Guardian hunter 20-Nov-20
patience2spare 20-Nov-20
MA-PAdeerslayer 21-Nov-20
NoobHunter860 23-Nov-20
NoobHunter860 23-Nov-20
TrapperKayak 23-Nov-20
17-Nov-20
7:11 AM LIVE from Ct*
Well not the best start to my morning. Got in late and just as I'm settling into one of my spots I see a new climber at the base of a tree maybe 10 yards away. No big deal I just moved down to another spot and set up near some nice fresh and big rubs! Hoping one comes by soon.

17-Nov-20

17-Nov-20
Good luck I had a nice buck sneak up behind me this morning before I knew it he was right under my stand I grabbed my bow by then he had gotten to far away unit even 10 minutes later a coyote shows up I take the shot and shot under him at least I’m seeing things but bad start to my morning too good luck

17-Nov-20
Good luck out there

17-Nov-20
Good luck guys - slow morning for me so far

17-Nov-20

Firsttimerrrrr's embedded Photo
Firsttimerrrrr's embedded Photo

17-Nov-20
Firsttimerrr, this is not a criticism, but an observation that will hopefully save you from spending less time in an area that might not contain an actively rubbing buck. I think that tree is a dead one shedding its bark, not a fresh rub. At least it appears that way. Best to you, hope you get a buck.

17-Nov-20
Yeah I came to a chunk this morning I haven’t seen anyone, see a brand new water bottle in the woods hm odd.. 20 more steps feel like I’m being watched look to my left what do ya know a guy in a tree about 40 yards away lol I walked up about 50 yards put a tree to my back and waiting in a pine stand just outside a bedding area these does are weird they bed in a parking lot under power lines lol they ain’t makin it easy

17-Nov-20
You set no more than 90 yards from a guy that was already in a tree when you got there? If I am read that correctly I’d be pissed if I was that guy.

17-Nov-20
JohnMC to be fair the only way out was back instead of crashing back through the woods I just sat quietly for about an hour after I noticed I was up against a wood line and some houses with wind blowing toward the houses and I crept in he didn’t even notice me and left also I’m a noob I don’t have someone guiding my hand it was a mistake I left and found another spot this is also why I’d like access to private land so I can practice and fail without affecting other hunters sorry to whoever that was.

17-Nov-20
Sometimes on Public land there is just no good answer. You could mess a guy up more by moving on than staying put.

17-Nov-20
I’d stay home if I thought my best option was sitting 90 yards from someone else. I guess I am lucky not to live in the northeast. How can you expect any deer to stay in property with that many people.

17-Nov-20
JohnMC that wasn’t the plan bud, shit happens I moved on he continued his hunt. Garbanzo yeah true once I moved though I got on the tail of a buck behind a school lol

19-Nov-20
JohnMC, You'd be surprised how tight they sit, or how elusive they can be in some of this thick cover with that many hunters around. You never see them but they hang right there until you practically step on them, truthfully. They circle around you and go right back into the same piece of cover you just moved them out of sometimes. It not like the west, the deer here are ghosts..

19-Nov-20
Truth to that TrapperKayak

20-Nov-20
Trapperkayak no lie I was cutting around a parking area and I literally almost stepped on a doe before she got up and took off I mean literally a few yards away also this parcel is only about 250+\- acres the only place I’ve seen deer so far are close to the suburbs that surround it never in super deep like people say also super deep just ends up in another neighborhood. So these deer are fucking ghost.

20-Nov-20
If you drive on major highways in Michigan all you see are hunting huts 100 yd apart for many many miles. Seems odd since I have my own properties but apparently it works up there

20-Nov-20
Easy on the language there Noob! No need to get your thread pulled because you couldn't control your tongue. Certainly you can express yourself intelligently and adequately express your frustration without using profanity?

They're not ghosts - they may be nocturnal from all of the pressure, but you know they are there - you have seen them and their sign. Work on your entry/exit plan. Get in early. Hunt the wind. Read the woods. You can figure them out! Good luck. Hope you have some success in the woods. Pete

21-Nov-20
Agreed Patience2spare, the deer are certainly there and most likely nocturnal. Wind is huge and no offense a lot of newer hunters don’t pay enough attention to that. And entry and exit are huge. I have spots I need to walk for 45-50 minutes to get to, when straight line it’s probably a 10 minute walk. Other spots if the winds not 100% right I won’t even consider sitting. Just gotta learn your woods and play wind direction religiously

23-Nov-20
Oh I know they are there, I was minutes behind a Buck that made a scrape he pooped and marked it I mean just missed him, it sucked but I am just learning proud of what I’ve been learning especially about this particular area. It’s my first year ever and to me it’s all about the experience if I get a shot I’ll take it but right now I’m just trying to learn I don’t have help but this forum is a huge help!

23-Nov-20
Oh I know they are there, I was minutes behind a Buck that made a scrape he pooped and marked it I mean just missed him, it sucked but I am just learning proud of what I’ve been learning especially about this particular area. It’s my first year ever and to me it’s all about the experience if I get a shot I’ll take it but right now I’m just trying to learn I don’t have help but this forum is a huge help!

23-Nov-20
Opening weekend rifle here, they were not nocturnal yet. They might go underground now though. I saw 5 deer, all bucks. Passed on two of them. One got shot right in front of me, ran by and died 20 yds away. The other hunter didnt even know I was there, 200 yd from his tree stand. I was there first, saw him go by in the dark with a flashlight to his stand. He may not have found that buck if Id not been there. He was way off course looking for it so I whistled him over. As I left that afternoon, I got 100 ft from my truck and a forky buck busted out of the weeds 15 feet from me after I passed by it, and almost flew off it was going so fast. It was right next to me. No shot possible. Later I'm at my In laws eating dinner and two deer bolt across their back lawn and go behind by aunts house. My cousins girlfriend hunts back there so I told them, and she went in the next morning. She got the doe, and missed the big bodied buck. They held tight all night obviously having been chased in there the previous afternoon. They will pick small bits of cover near houses and hole up all season sometimes. HCousin got the buck on his trail cam, very large 8 ptr, huge body. She said it went out right behind her and she shot but missed. So close, it STUNK!!!

• Sitka Gear