Ucsdryder 20-Nov-20
Scooby-doo 20-Nov-20
wyobullshooter 20-Nov-20
sdkhunter 20-Nov-20
Scooby-doo 20-Nov-20
wyobullshooter 20-Nov-20
17-Nov-20

Bowboy's Link
Mathews just released thier new 2021 Hunting Bow called the V3. I'm sure Pat will give us a review shortly. He used one on his Kansas hunt.

17-Nov-20

Here you go. Just posted our review. It's a great bow, pretty short A2A. Great in a tree or in the blind!

17-Nov-20
Pat, It feels like we’re almost speaking an out dated language talking ATA. Would you agree with these latest riser designs ATA is less important I would rather have a 27 inch past parallel bow with that long riser. Than a short riser 35 inch bow. It seems to me they are less affected by torque. Is this true. I don’t own a compound any more but still appreciate the improvements and science behind the design.

17-Nov-20
With the extra large cams, that bow acts more like a 32-33" ATA bow with regard to string angle. It still puts more side pressure on the cable guard than a longer ATA bow would due to the cables being attaches at the axles. Granted though, a stiffer long riser and short limbs will result in less cam-lean/limb-twist than the same ATA bow of 20 years ago.

My biggest cause for pause with this bow is the 6" BH. That's just too short for many archers to shoot without inducing some hand-torque (long DL, cold weather).

17-Nov-20
I’m wondering about long range shoot-ability. Accuracy. All the reviews I watched read this morning, they mention the 27” being awesome out to 30-40 yards. Which makes sense for stand and blind hunters, but what about for guys shooting 50-60 or further?

17-Nov-20
I have not tried it for long range shooting yet. I will say that it is excellent for short range shooting, remarkably quiet and well balanced. I would probably look at the 31 if I was going to do any significant long-range shooting .

17-Nov-20
Thanks Pat. That’s solid advice.

17-Nov-20
Toy, junk, out dated, over priced boat anchor.

Oh wait, that’s somebody else’s line ;)

I love my two Mathews. Maybe have to shoot the 31”. That lowered cable guide seems like a good idea.

17-Nov-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

17-Nov-20
Holy corn pile Batman

17-Nov-20
what happened to the harmonic dampners?

17-Nov-20
Shot the V3 31. Not much different than the VXR. Doubtful guys with the VXR 31.5 will see/feel much difference. The 27” is short, but doesn’t feel in hand much different from a 28-30” bow. The new camo options are pretty cool.

18-Nov-20
29.5" max. draw length ? Get real.

18-Nov-20
Pat, do you have any choice as to which bow they send you? Do you always choose the shorter bow?

18-Nov-20
Heavy, slow, and short. Looks like mathews has another game changer. Oh wait...

18-Nov-20
I wonder how the V3 27 ended up being so much slower than the VXR 28? The longer versions of each model are virtually identical in that regard.

18-Nov-20
12yards, no say in what they send me. I’m required to sign an NDA and I have any information on the bow until it arrives. This year the bow arrived 12 hours before I left for Kansas. Thankfully it was super easy to tune.

18-Nov-20
So you guys think that in the hands of the same shooter a 31" bow outshoots a 27" bow at longer ranges, say 60 to 80 yards? Or is it preffered for some other reason? Just askin so dont get all butt hurt.. geeez

18-Nov-20
I think if they sent me a 27' bow I would send it back. Then again it depends on the size of the check that came with it.

18-Nov-20
All my bows are at least twice as long as my arrow :^)

18-Nov-20
With a max DL of only 29.5".....me thinks that will not work for folks that have 30" - 31" or longer DL's.

18-Nov-20
JL you must be a math professor! ;)-

19-Nov-20
Midwest the 27 speed is measured @29.5" draw. Because it only goes to 29.5", not the usual 30".

19-Nov-20
tech1, ahhh….now it makes sense!

19-Nov-20
"I think if they sent me a 27' bow I would send it back. Then again it depends on the size of the check that came with it."

A bow and a check to go with it? Sounds like a good deal to me!

19-Nov-20
Best thing about Mathews this year is the made a bow for people with real draw lengths. Atlas goes to 34” dL.

20-Nov-20
The 31 looks like a great bow. That is the one I'd be interested in. How do they get down to 50 pounds?

20-Nov-20
The atlas also has a 310 ibo. It’s their throwback bow, to 1984!

20-Nov-20
I get a kick out of the speed reference, quiet and accurate kill not speed. I prefer a longer ATA bow and a bow with a higher braceheight. I like my Traverse but do agree most bows today are like boat anchors ecsp. the newer Mathews. I still love my Mathews and have tried almost all the others, If I had to chose a second it would be a PSE with the Evolve Cam great drawing bow. Shawn

20-Nov-20
Scooby-doo, what’s your draw length? Just curious.

20-Nov-20
12yards - you use 60# mods and then if it's close to their bows from the last couple of years about 2 turns out gets you to approx 50#.

20-Nov-20
I draw 28"s as two years ago I changed my whole form when shooting. I used to draw 26.5"s. The Mathews is no pleasure drawing with my shoulders but I shoot it very well for me anyway. The Evolve Cam and one type of Prime Cam were by far the most comfortable on the draw for me. Shawn

20-Nov-20
Scooby, thanks. I was just wondering since nearly everyone that says speed is basically irrelevant are those that are blessed with a relatively long DL. Not all of us are so blessed, so rated IBO speed is most definitely a factor when selecting a bow.

• Sitka Gear